Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 01:47 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
I wonder if the Democratic party will still accept his donations???
Chances are strong.

Sincerely,
Marc Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 05:00 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,143,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
1)I love how any time any jewish person or jewish/hispanic person says or does anything to a black person(still very rare) they all of the sudden become the FACE OF WHITE AMERICA that they love to hate. And you always have racist black people like snoop dogg calling him a "redneck" when he's jewish. Either these black racists are too dumb to know the diff between jewish and the classic type of "Redneck" white person they love to hate...or they know they can't attack Jewish people so they settle on calling him white.

2)And it's also funny how Obama ALWAYS SEEMS to find a way to comment on any of these issues where blacks are the supposed victim no matter how harmless it actually is. I don't remember him making any comments on the KNOCKOUT GAME or any other of the countless black on white random murders/group mob beatings but he always somehow finds a way to comment in all the rare instances where "whites" do something to blacks.

3)And this Sterling guy is obviously not a good person and what he said actually is offensive (as opposed to 99% of the non-stop race baiting espn, cnn, etc. does) but he did let Elgin Baylor, who is widely regarded as one of the worst GM's ever, stay on for TWENTY years and he's had a number of black coaches so his racism obviously didn't affect how he ran the team and he wasn't openly disrespecting anyone with racism as far as we know so no one would care if the girl/wife didn't sell him out.

4)And listening to rap as long as I have I can tell you I can't count on one finger the number of rappers who haven't said at least one extremely hateful thing about white people as a whole and some of the very mainstream ones do it all the time. some of them like snoop dogg have even been in the white house. But they get a pass and America worships them while we excoriate the paula deens, riley coopers, incognitos, etc.

5)any time something like this comes around many black people use it as justification for why they always trash white people, why they say that the kkk is now in suits and ties, why you shoulnt trust white people, why whites are all racist. Even if 99.999% of whites are so scared to death of saying anythng that might even be considered racial the racist black groups will still say that these whites have hate in their heart so they can continue hate white people even tho theres no actual evidence of white racism. That's why everyone goes nuts any chance they can get to make a example out of anyone like sterling the few chances they get.

6)Until the media/black politics finds a way to at least do equal coverage of black on white crime/racism (should be way more than equal coverage because it happens a lot more) I will not be heaering anything they say when it comes to issues like that.
It sounds as if you do care.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:04 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,253,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Sterling is a complete moron. He damaged himself and the team.

-Cheers.

I think Mr. Sterling could care less, he's still incredibly wealthy and he's more than 80.

But as far as these latest outburst, I see it as just a verbal brawl between him and his African American girlfriend. Those kinds of things happen, I don't see Mr. Sterling as a racist but just someone who got childishly petulant with his old lady. There is a lot going down here between Sterling, the wife and the girlfriend where they are all fighting over money- I wish they would just grow up.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:07 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Once again... a right-wing OP that "doesn't care" about the racist fool making the stupid comments. In fact, the OP doesn't care so much that he has to write an essay to make excuses for why he shouldn't care.

If you don't care, don't make a thread on it.

Right-wingers defend racists all the time, yet wonder why the GOP is dubbed the party of racists.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I think Mr. Sterling could care less, he's still incredibly wealthy and he's more than 80.

But as far as these latest outburst, I see it as just a verbal brawl between him and his African American girlfriend. Those kinds of things happen, I don't see Mr. Sterling as a racist but just someone who got childishly petulant with his old lady. There is a lot going down here between Sterling, the wife and the girlfriend where they are all fighting over money- I wish they would just grow up.
No, Sterling is a racist. Don't skirt around it. He settled a lawsuit for refusing to rent to minority tenants. He is about as racist as one can get.

His comments insinuate his relationship with minorities is a superiority-inferiority relationship with hints towards them being children or servants.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,097,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking
I wonder if the Democratic party will still accept his donations???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Chances are strong.

Sincerely,
Marc Rich

If a man with horns, a tail, and a pitchfork wanted to donate to the democratic party, they would roll out the red carpet for him.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:47 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,660,677 times
That "girlfriend" is someone I wouldn't want to be seen with
- what did she do to get her hands on his money and what does that make her????

Old 04-28-2014, 07:48 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,097,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Once again... a right-wing OP that "doesn't care" about the racist fool making the stupid comments. In fact, the OP doesn't care so much that he has to write an essay to make excuses for why he shouldn't care.

If you don't care, don't make a thread on it.

Right-wingers defend racists all the time, yet wonder why the GOP is dubbed the party of racists.

Who dubbed the GOP the party of racists? Was it you? I am sure it wasn't the first black commander of a major military operation, or the first black secretary of state, or the first black committee chairman of a major political party, or the first black woman secretary of state. It was probably blacks in the US when George W Bush was giving billions in medical and economic aid to Africa (more than any other president and more than most presidents combined) who were mad that he wasn't giving them the money instead.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:49 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,197,397 times
if a black person said this, it wouldnt be a big deal, he wouldnt be called a racist,
if sterling said the N word once, he would definitely be a racist, but if rap music has the N word in it 20 times and millions of kids listen to it,,,it isnt racist ?????

sterling is a dumb old guy thats losing his marbles,, if he has had a history of racist remarks,,then he is a stupid ,,,racist....

but also lets have a level playing field.... get sterling out of there immediately, and ban the N word from any music on the airwaves, no matter who says it- as in rap music..

Old 04-28-2014, 07:54 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,253,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No, Sterling is a racist. Don't skirt around it. He settled a lawsuit for refusing to rent to minority tenants. He is about as racist as one can get.

His comments insinuate his relationship with minorities is a superiority-inferiority relationship with hints towards them being children or servants.

Settling a lawsuit only means that he made the calculation that it would cost more to defend than to pay to make it go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events