U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 PM

231 posts, read 275,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Well, good for you.

This dad is teaching his kid that

violence rules
power rules
he has no voice
he has no right to feel emotion

sound familiar guys?

Funny, I got out of Alaskaboys post that his dad taught him how to stand up for himself and how to have respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 03:51 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,221,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendingtowork View Post
Funny, I got out of Alaskaboys post that his dad taught him how to stand up for himself and how to have respect.
I think that was in reference to the father in the video.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:37 PM

774 posts, read 701,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
My father taught me:

How to box in 3rd grade

How to bar brawl in a few years after school. And though I never started a bar fight, I had to defend myself and a girl I was dating a few times, my mother once, so it came in handy.

How not to let some fast talking swindler screw me over.

How to help my neighbor and anyone in need

How to ride a dirt bike

How to swim by being tossed in the lake.

Numerous ways to make a living

How to work with my hands as a fallback trade if I needed.

The smell of money and although it's not everything in life, it is something

He smacked me upside the head at age 12 when I told my mother to "shut her mouth" never did it again.

And a polethra of other life skills that any man should find useful.

Many dad's today, who have been feminized? Teach their boys to be proper young ladies. IMHO.

I am greatfful my dad taught me many of life's hard lessons and taught me skills I would use thoughout my life.

Want your boys to grow up needing therapy and to be little ninnies? Keep up the good work liberals!
Any of those life skills can be taught to proper young ladies as well IMHO.

Dad's are "feminized"? Their sons are "proper young ladies"?

IMHO, your dad never taught you more than fear based mythology about gender.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:14 PM

27,233 posts, read 15,024,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You don't see the difference between benign neglect (letting young kids play outside without supervision) and actively kicking a kid down a ramp?
Quote:
My father taught me:

How to box in 3rd grade

How to bar brawl in a few years after school. And though I never started a bar fight, I had to defend myself and a girl I was dating a few times, my mother once, so it came in handy.

How to ride a dirt bike

He smacked me upside the head at age 12 when I told my mother to "shut her mouth" never did it again.

Many dad's today, who have been feminized? Teach their boys to be proper young ladies. IMHO.

I am greatfful my dad taught me many of life's hard lessons and taught me skills I would use thoughout my life.

Want your boys to grow up needing therapy and to be little ninnies? Keep up the good work liberals!
What kind of man did you turn out to be Alaskaboy? Are you a man that all of our son's can look up to?

As an anonymous internet poster, I really don't know.

I do know the father in the video is an idiot. Certainly not a man I would want MY son to emulate.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:53 AM

3,858 posts, read 8,050,291 times
My dad taught me all the same things alaskaboy's dad did, only I learned from my dad because I respected him, not because I feared him. My dad also taught me how to stand up to bullies and defend myself (with fists, when necessary), and from his description of what bullies were and how they operated, they sounded...a lot like alaskaboy and his dad

Old 05-01-2014, 05:02 PM

42,204 posts, read 49,740,662 times
Quote:
My father taught me:

How to box in 3rd grade

How to ride a dirt bike

I am grateful my dad (and mom) taught me all that without being a giant dick and then taught me spelling and presentation count so I could earn tons of money to smell on my own time.

Oh, and we are conservatives...just not straw-chewing, hayseed, redneck conservatives.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:40 PM

8,305 posts, read 8,577,591 times
You know what I wish? I wish someone who had seen this father do this had taken his fist and broken the father's nose on the spot. I would have stood there and enjoyed the sight of him screaming and yelling while his blood dripped on the ground. What a miserable excuse for a parent. God protect children from egomaniacs and abusers like this man.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:33 AM

774 posts, read 701,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
You know what I wish? I wish someone who had seen this father do this had taken his fist and broken the father's nose on the spot. I would have stood there and enjoyed the sight of him screaming and yelling while his blood dripped on the ground. What a miserable excuse for a parent. God protect children from egomaniacs and abusers like this man.
Teaching what?

That might makes right?

That violence is 'ok"?

What happens if the father was the "better" fighter?

Then its right for him to shove his son?

We as a people need a better culture than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or