Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 07:48 AM

335 posts, read 409,867 times

Advertisements

Child abuse by an ignorant jackwagon father . Had it been a dog it then would have been animal abuse. But I say lesser charges as the kick was like many men kick their dogs so let justice prevail and have the man promise he won't kick THINGS off steep walls no mo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 07:54 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LOL! Don't get all personal, if I hit too close to home.

The wussification of America continues.

As stated and documented the kid is not new to that ramp. The father and son are regulars.

Yes, I have beaned my daughter in the batting cage, for back talk and sassing. Today she is the district offensive player of the year for two years straight, with 5, D-1 colleges fighting over her.
I don't have to wake her up in the mornings to get ready for school.

We teach your kids there are consequences for their actions. If we don't, life will. There is no set consequence in life, nor is there in the form of pain in a kids consequence, for their lack of respect.

Don't be late for your kids therapy appointment today. They are going to need it, along with some good meds.

I'm surprised there isn't the call for the dads head for putting the kid in danger of breaking his neck, arm, leg, by letting him on the skateboard ramp in the first place.... LOL! Overprotective moms... pft!
I have never hit my child let alone beaned her with anything.

She is not a "wuss" in the slightest. I taught her to surf before most kids learned to ride a bike. She was never hit, bullied, intimidated, or whatever into any of the sports she has participated in. Hell, two years ago she went and surfed Teahupoo, one of the most technical breaks in the world. You would soil yourself if you had to ride it and with good reason. Meanwhile she is a confident, athletic young woman who is that way in large part by learning to test her own limits without fear of being hit or intimidated by anyone.

So please, spare us the "wussification" = not hitting your children spiel because it just isn't true

Old 04-29-2014, 07:58 AM

552 posts, read 834,685 times
LOL at the people that say kids aren't the property of their parents.

This is the reason why kids suck these days.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:10 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
I'm sure he feels like a big man now. What was he thinking??? That kid could've broken his tailbone!!!

Old 04-29-2014, 08:11 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoma11 View Post
LOL at the people that say kids aren't the property of their parents.

This is the reason why kids suck these days.
Many kids today are much more well-rounded, intelligent and wholesome people than the likes of people like you who post crap like this.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:41 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I have never hit my child let alone beaned her with anything.

She is not a "wuss" in the slightest. I taught her to surf before most kids learned to ride a bike. She was never hit, bullied, intimidated, or whatever into any of the sports she has participated in. Hell, two years ago she went and surfed Teahupoo, one of the most technical breaks in the world. You would soil yourself if you had to ride it and with good reason. Meanwhile she is a confident, athletic young woman who is that way in large part by learning to test her own limits without fear of being hit or intimidated by anyone.

So please, spare us the "wussification" = not hitting your children spiel because it just isn't true
For the lack of alternate productive methods, some resort to fear and intimidation.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:45 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LOL! Don't get all personal, if I hit too close to home.

The wussification of America continues.

As stated and documented the kid is not new to that ramp. The father and son are regulars.

Yes, I have beaned my daughter in the batting cage, for back talk and sassing. Today she is the district offensive player of the year for two years straight, with 5, D-1 colleges fighting over her.
I don't have to wake her up in the mornings to get ready for school.

We teach your kids there are consequences for their actions. If we don't, life will. There is no set consequence in life, nor is there in the form of pain in a kids consequence, for their lack of respect.

Don't be late for your kids therapy appointment today. They are going to need it, along with some good meds.

I'm surprised there isn't the call for the dads head for putting the kid in danger of breaking his neck, arm, leg, by letting him on the skateboard ramp in the first place.... LOL! Overprotective moms... pft!
Is your attitude typical of parents who are involved with their children in sports?

Old 04-29-2014, 08:45 AM

774 posts, read 906,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
For the lack of alternate productive methods, some resort to fear and intimidation.
Some children won't grow up to be graceful athletes. I'm not referring to the abused child but in general.

A loving parent accepts and loves his child for what his child is and doesn't try to push him into being what he isn't.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:51 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
Some children won't grow up to be graceful athletes. I'm not referring to the abused child but in general.

A loving parent accepts and loves his child for what his child is and doesn't try to push him into being what he isn't.
Yes to all of the above.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:53 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Exactly. I have a 2.5 year old who swims, rides a scooter, does tricks on the scooter, works the bag, kicks AND jukes/dribbles a soccer ball, does backflips off of furniture, and walks across monkey bars.

He has fallen a million times and picked himself up and moved on.

I would NOT call him a wuss.

And not once have I had to beat him or do something entirely untrustworthy
(throw him in, push him off, throw something at him, etc) to make him do anything or "teach him a lesson."

I guess when you suck at a parent, you can justify any behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events