Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 09:12 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,315,493 times

Advertisements

Society needs more dads like that, even if scaled back from that a little bit. All of these wussies that take forever to do anything even when people are gently and positively encouraging them, and people are too scared to nudge them along because they don't want to be the bad guy, they'd rather be their child's friend.

Sometimes kids need to be allowed to go to the next level when they're ready and you can see that they're inching towards that. In such cases, I agree, hold off and let them make that transformation and cheer them on very positively when they do so. Other times they're taking too long and not getting anywhere and need to be nudged along, or yes PUSHED if need be, because they just won't go to the next level any other way.

At worst, the father may have communicated a lack of confidence in his child that the child could do whatever on his own age-appropriate versus having to have someone do it FOR him. Child abuse? Please. That has about as much in common with child abuse as farting does to depleting the ozone layer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 09:22 AM

774 posts, read 906,151 times
I wonder what the mother of that poor abused boy has to say about "macho daddy"?

I ought to check the internet for an interview.

Sobering thought: Maybe there is no mother in the home anymore.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:31 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Society needs more dads like that, even if scaled back from that a little bit. All of these wussies that take forever to do anything even when people are gently and positively encouraging them, and people are too scared to nudge them along because they don't want to be the bad guy, they'd rather be their child's friend.

Sometimes kids need to be allowed to go to the next level when they're ready and you can see that they're inching towards that. In such cases, I agree, hold off and let them make that transformation and cheer them on very positively when they do so. Other times they're taking too long and not getting anywhere and need to be nudged along, or yes PUSHED if need be, because they just won't go to the next level any other way.

At worst, the father may have communicated a lack of confidence in his child that the child could do whatever on his own age-appropriate versus having to have someone do it FOR him. Child abuse? Please. That has about as much in common with child abuse as farting does to depleting the ozone layer.
Never breed.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:33 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
You're right it wasn't a two story window, that would be news. But I'd like to see how you recover from falling 2-feet onto your unprotected rear. Go ahead right now - jump off your office chair onto the floor butt-first. That's only ~20 inches. Now look at this picture and tell me again it's only 2 feet.

Also if he kicked him harder it would've been a farther fall. I've had my anger issues (physical) with my toddlers but even in the heat of the moment I was able to control myself to not actually hurt them. You kick a kid in anger off a ramp (and yes I know what they are like) and there's no telling what kind of damage can be done. He may as well have thrown him down a short set of stairs when he's not expecting it.

i
Anything could have happened from this photo, if it showed up, oh I see it didn't show up in quote
box.....I see no armour
protecting his crotch from the skateboard flying into it.

The dad is so lucky nothing DID happen physically.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 04-30-2014 at 11:57 AM..

Old 04-30-2014, 11:35 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
So sorry, can't give u more reps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Never breed.

Dad embarrassed..link..

http://m.today.com/news/police-inves...amp-2D79591970

Old 04-30-2014, 12:46 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
WTH, dude?

Old 04-30-2014, 12:48 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post

Yes. Skateboarding is so vital to life that we need to resort to violence to push the kids.

My boy is mad at me right now. I won't let him have his scooter if he won't wear his helmet. Try reasoning that with a 2 year old. Maybe I should just kick it onto his head...or duct tape it on while pinning him down. Staple gun? I mean, it IS for his own good, right?

Old 04-30-2014, 01:56 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,974,152 times
Putting what the father did aside, isn't anyone alarmed by a grown man spending his time skateboarding? Not that this guy would probably be the best role model, but seriously, grow up and trade the VANS for a sensible pair of shoes and teach your kid to play a real sport. Skateboarding is for angst ridden teenagers

Old 04-30-2014, 02:29 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
My father taught me:

How to box in 3rd grade

How to bar brawl in a few years after school. And though I never started a bar fight, I had to defend myself and a girl I was dating a few times, my mother once, so it came in handy.

How not to let some fast talking swindler screw me over.

How to help my neighbor and anyone in need

How to ride a dirt bike

How to swim by being tossed in the lake.

Numerous ways to make a living

How to work with my hands as a fallback trade if I needed.

The smell of money and although it's not everything in life, it is something

He smacked me upside the head at age 12 when I told my mother to "shut her mouth" never did it again.

And a polethra of other life skills that any man should find useful.

Many dad's today, who have been feminized? Teach their boys to be proper young ladies. IMHO.

I am greatfful my dad taught me many of life's hard lessons and taught me skills I would use thoughout my life.

Want your boys to grow up needing therapy and to be little ninnies? Keep up the good work liberals!

Old 04-30-2014, 03:33 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
My father taught me:

How to box in 3rd grade

How to bar brawl in a few years after school. And though I never started a bar fight, I had to defend myself and a girl I was dating a few times, my mother once, so it came in handy.

How not to let some fast talking swindler screw me over.

How to help my neighbor and anyone in need

How to ride a dirt bike

How to swim by being tossed in the lake.

Numerous ways to make a living

How to work with my hands as a fallback trade if I needed.

The smell of money and although it's not everything in life, it is something

He smacked me upside the head at age 12 when I told my mother to "shut her mouth" never did it again.

And a polethra of other life skills that any man should find useful.

Many dad's today, who have been feminized? Teach their boys to be proper young ladies. IMHO.

I am greatfful my dad taught me many of life's hard lessons and taught me skills I would use thoughout my life.

Want your boys to grow up needing therapy and to be little ninnies? Keep up the good work liberals!
Well, good for you.

This dad is teaching his kid that

violence rules
power rules
he has no voice
he has no right to feel emotion

sound familiar guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events