U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 12:27 AM

8,623 posts, read 5,934,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What is the LBGT's stance on the Donald Sterling?

I was not aware every gay person is part of a giant collective that thinks, acts, and believes as one blob.

I am gay and I think people should be able to say whatever the hell they want in a private conversation without it making national news.

Is he a dick? Clearly.

It seems there are media people out fishing for butt hurt people. I didn't believe every person of any affinity stood together as collective 'blobs'. That said, there sure are a lot of cases of people not being able to speak their minds these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 12:48 AM

42,347 posts, read 50,050,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
It seems there are media people out fishing for butt hurt people. I didn't believe every person of any affinity stood together as collective 'blobs'. That said, there sure are a lot of cases of people not being able to speak their minds these days.
You are aware that in a large statistical and cultural manner, black people are notorious homophobes, right? In whichever blob exists...

Now explain why a gay person should give two craps about this event if the whole point is reciprocal outrage?
Crunching The Numbers On Blacks' Views On Gays : Code Switch : NPR

Old 04-30-2014, 02:05 AM

58 posts, read 63,977 times
A sincere thank you to all of you who took the time to read and reply.

I may not agree with all of the opinions but I find value in ALL of them as they only help to broaden my own perspective.

I appreciate your response and personal insight to my question.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/20/us...iage.html?_r=0

Md. NAACP to launch radio ads featuring Julian Bond to support same-sex marriage - Maryland Politics - The Washington Post

Gay right activists have been quick to use the civil rights movement as a basis of their campaign. It seems as though it would make sense for them to at least issue a statement for this situation.

Good to know someone got my main point justtitans.

I'm recognizing the divide between the two issues and clearly see I need to evaluate who I support based on who they support.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:49 PM

12,912 posts, read 10,862,798 times
Well, I think the more interesting question would be :

What is Daniel Sterling's stance on lesbians, bisexuals, gays and transgendered?
LBGTs!!!!

Old 04-30-2014, 05:11 PM

12,976 posts, read 11,844,159 times
I wonder what Tibetan monks think of Donald Sterling?

Old 04-30-2014, 06:20 PM

52 posts, read 45,175 times
LGBT in general are a bunch of whiny entitled aholes who think everyone in society should give them special treatment for their noble cause of going against natural human biology...

I'm an atheist, so I don't care about the "sacredness of marriage" of whatever nonsense, but I find many LGBT people to be a very annoying group in general....A group who will not be satisfied until normal sexual relations are deemed inferior to homosexuality.....Which is absurd in every way as heterosexuality is the natural order of things.

Of course this isn't true for all of them (some LGBT are good people).....but for a decent amount of them it does apply.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:35 PM

8,390 posts, read 10,002,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, I think the more interesting question would be :

What is Daniel Sterling's stance on lesbians, bisexuals, gays and transgendered?
LBGTs!!!!

I guess many people would be shocked if they found out that Daniel Sterling supported gay rights. What a lot of people fail to realize is that just because a person may have strong support for LGBT rights and issues doesn't mean that person can't also be a hardcore racist. There also seems to be this notion that racism doesn't exist in the LGBT community.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I guess many people would be shocked if they found out that Daniel Sterling supported gay rights. What a lot of people fail to realize is that just because a person may have strong support for LGBT rights and issues doesn't mean that person can't also be a hardcore racist. There also seems to be this notion that racism doesn't exist in the LGBT community.
That's the realization I'm coming to gwillyfromphilly. I'm beginning to see that even the LGBT community is separating itself from organizations and causes based on race and class. Yet they always openly accept me when I show up to lend a hand or voice when it benefits them.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:12 PM

18,638 posts, read 13,791,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
He apparently supported the NAACP too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events