U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 PM

5,467 posts, read 4,605,625 times

Advertisements

For adults to publicly mock and shame someone with a disability is pretty low. That goes for O'Neal, Flaka, and all the imbeciles who "liked" their posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 07:03 PM

790 posts, read 958,953 times
So where are the demands for him to be fired? Where are the fines? Where is the outrage? I guess you have to be white to get those things.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:09 PM

13,341 posts, read 10,953,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You missed the point completely. The person he was making fun of had a disability. Some people draw the line there. Apparently you don't.
The actual point of my post that was quoted was that the young man is disabled and he handled the ridicule he received in an extremely admirable fashion. There was no " poor pitiful me" air about him at all.
He made Shaq and his cronies look like the morons they are by his LACK of indignant reaction. As a disabled person myself, I extend him my utmost respect. I to have learned to ignore the taunts, names and imitations of the way I walk by ignorant people. The stares and finger pointing when I wear shorts and my scars show.
If some idiot were to have made sport of me in such a fashion as this young man had done to him, big time celebrity or no, I doubt I could have retained my composure half as well. It would do Shaq and his braying minions some good to spend a few days dealing with life and being a productive citizen having a disability that severely limits them and is disfiguring. But...it could NEVER happen to them. They can't even fathom what it would be like from the other side of things. Until , maybe, a split second of stupidity, by them or someone else, whilst toodling about in their fancy foreign hot rod, lands them right smack in the middle of it.
Such behavior as was exhibited shows how much they take their " normalcy" for granted. There is zero realization for how fortunate they are. Rubbing someone's disability in their face is serious bad Karma. Any of them could be the disfigured and disabled one tomorrow, or five minutes from now. But, they are sooooo secure in their immortality they don't realize how tenuous that is.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:09 PM

861 posts, read 949,391 times
Shaq is a scumbag who refuses to help his own father who is homeless.

'Biological Didn't Bother' - Los Angeles Times

Old 04-29-2014, 07:30 PM

11,434 posts, read 6,501,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
Shaq is a scumbag who refuses to help his own father who is homeless.

'Biological Didn't Bother' - Los Angeles Times
Who cares Sterling is out if the NBA!!! Party time!! I feel liberated.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:34 PM

1,042 posts, read 1,178,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Not sure why everyone is surprised. He is a known racist and hypocrite. He got away with mocking Asians by saying it was a joke. Yet he demands Sterling be removed. Now he mocks handicap people and the fans and media is likely going to give him another pass. Just because he stars in Disney movies doesn't make him a harmless giant.
He's not getting a pass because he's in Disney movies ...
People need to stop labeling others "racist" simply because they may occasionally use racist language.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:41 PM

7,282 posts, read 8,424,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Who cares Sterling is out if the NBA!!! Party time!! I feel liberated.
That is all it took? The price of liberation really does come cheap these days.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:53 PM

11,434 posts, read 6,501,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
That is all it took? The price of liberation really does come cheap these days.
You don't understand. Sterling negatively impacted the lives of millions. I'm thinking about getting my diploma now. This is one of the proudest days of my life. The US won world wars and now we have defeated Sterling. I have tears in my eyes.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:12 PM

9,371 posts, read 17,535,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
He's not getting a pass because he's in Disney movies ...
People need to stop labeling others "racist" simply because they may occasionally use racist language.
Well you can't live by double standards. This hypocrite is on TNT demanding the head of Don Sterling, yet tried to downplay his racist Ching Chong remarks. Now he mocks the handicap and no one is outraged in the media. Why, because he is portrayed as the big gentle giant on television. I'm not one to drop the racist tag on someone too easily, but it's always the ones who use it liberally who are often the most guilty. Look at Jesse Jackson, the champion of civil rights...he refers to his own president as the N-word.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:15 PM

183 posts, read 265,854 times
To say the young guy handled it well is an understatement. Good for him. Now if Shaq and Trey would get .000001% of the bad publicity Sterling got it would shock the hell out of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events