Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 03:00 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times

Advertisements

Now this is sad. Shaq, Waka Flocka (rapper) and Trey Burke (NBA player) all joined in and apparently their teasing received thousands of "likes".

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kwkyLUk119E

Very cruel and sad. I applaud the guy for seemingly not letting it get him down too much. I can't imagine how it feels to have an idol do that.

I feel there is no place for bullies like this representing the NBA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 03:16 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
How incredibly freaking immature! For Shaq to be involved in this is just beyond... it just so freaking disappointing. Incredible. And frankly I won't be impressed by some expensive attempt at a mea culpa... inexcusable.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:32 PM

58 posts, read 76,332 times
Wow. I will personally boycott anything Shaq endorses and everyone he is endorsed by until this insensitive bigot is off their payroll. This type of public humiliation by a celebrity should not be tolerated or condoned, let alone "liked".

Waka Flaka already = change the station... hopefully his music career is as brief as his time in school.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:45 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,111,688 times
Have no clue who this Waka Flocka person is. However, I am quite disappointed in Shaquille and Trey. I guess it only goes to show that we are all human and prone to slips, so to speak. Perhaps, we place too high of an expectation on whom we consider to be role models.

Props to this person for keeping his head held high.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
I guess it only goes to show that we are all human and prone to slips,
Sorry, maybe a couple of years ago, but if you are clueless to the ramifications of doing dumb and abhorrent crap on a social media site this late in the game you have no freaking excuse.

As for role models, never had any celebrity role models, sure for baseball Willie Mays was the end all be all for me growing up, how I behaved as a person, not so much. But as long as people put these people up , buy the products that they shill, folks will fall for this idol worship crap time after time.

Shaq's would never be my role model but I would have like to think that he was a decent human being. Oh well.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:02 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Should Shaq be fired from his gig on TNT? It's a shame basketball fans have to see him during every TNT game.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:13 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,111,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Sorry, maybe a couple of years ago, but if you are clueless to the ramifications of doing dumb and abhorrent crap on a social media site this late in the game you have no freaking excuse.

As for role models, never had any celebrity role models, sure for baseball Willie Mays was the end all be all for me growing up, how I behaved as a person, not so much. But as long as people put these people up , buy the products that they shill, folks will fall for this idol worship crap time after time.

Shaq's would never be my role model but I would have like to think that he was a decent human being. Oh well.
Oh, to be sure, they should known better.

Unless, I misunderstood the commentary in the video, I am also highly disappointed by the 14,000 likes from fans.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:20 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
... I guess it only goes to show that we are all human and prone to slips, so to speak. Perhaps, we place too high of an expectation on whom we consider to be role models. Props to this person for keeping his head held high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Sorry, maybe a couple of years ago, but if you are clueless to the ramifications of doing dumb and abhorrent crap on a social media site this late in the game you have no freaking excuse... But as long as people put the'se people up , buy the products that they shill, folks will fall for this idol worship crap time after time. Shaq would never be my role model, but I would have liked to think that he was a decent human being. Oh well.
And basically he is. Just like a lot of other immature humans, who sometimes do stupid things, despite their wealth or status. And no, there are not many excuses, but there are always reasons.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Should Shaq be fired from his gig on TNT?
I've never called for anyone to be fired because I either stop using the product or just change the channel but if Shaq was fired for this, I wouldn't lose a second of sleep.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
there are not many excuses, but there are always reasons.
Well I sure as hell can't argue with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events