U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:04 AM

8,163 posts, read 9,369,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Newark needs to be removed from the MAP imo. It's a filthy cesspool independent of horrors that happen elsewhere. It's where people go to lose their souls. Not in the same universe as San Fran or anywhere in Nevada.
I'll drink to that. Was based there for a few years for work. It didn't even feel like America to me. I wish I could wipe it from my memory as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 11:08 AM

19,081 posts, read 21,205,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I'll drink to that. Was based there for a few years for work. It didn't even feel like America to me. I wish I could wipe it from my memory as well.
People don't know unless they experience it. It's like some kind of vortex of pain sickness. Nothing good comes out of Newark or at least certain areas. I need to be careful when I go visit my poor brother in the cemetery. My GPS likes to swing me through the edges of Newark. I never completely stop at the stop signs in that area because I'm afraid of getting jacked.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:13 AM

19,715 posts, read 8,237,716 times
Quote:
Newark needs to be removed from the MAP imo. It's a filthy cesspool independent of horrors that happen elsewhere. It's where people go to lose their souls. Not in the same universe as San Fran or anywhere in Nevada.
My point is that there are horrible people doing the same horrible things all over the country. The point of this post appears to be to trash Newark. This is not in defense of Newark--but it is faulty logic to say this happened because it is Newark.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
My point is that there are horrible people doing the same horrible things all over the country. The point of this post appears to be to trash Newark. This is not in defense of Newark--but it is faulty logic to say this happened because it is Newark.
Nobody is saying horrible things don't happen else where. And I am most certainly trashing Newark. Guilty as charged.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:32 AM

13,042 posts, read 7,205,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Too bad this didn't happen in Oklahoma. Then she could be sentenced to death, have the execution botched, suffer, only to die of a massive heart attack on the table. Sounds like a match made in heaven. Seriously, animal abuse needs to be punished much harder.

I like you. Maybe it would be fun to throw her into oncoming traffic and let her feel the terror that poor dog felt. What's one less worthless piece of crap surgically removed from society?

Old 04-30-2014, 12:09 PM

1,328 posts, read 702,333 times
Thank you to the judge who ruled in this case! Would love to see more judges take this kind of action in animal abuse cases. Wish this judge had ruled on some other cases.

The sad part is that cute little ball of fur was actually trying to protect the owner when that lowlife scum broke into the house.

I have a feeling jail isn't going to be kind to that piece of trash, Haniyyah Barnes. If I were her, I would stay away from busy streets once out of jail.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:30 PM

21,442 posts, read 18,159,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
A realtor from Nevada did the same thing. Also happened in San Francisco. Does that surprise you or do you just want to irrationally blame it on Newark in order to reinforce your biases?

Man Convicted in Dog Road Rage Case - ABC News

San Francisco: Robbery victim's dog dies after suspect throws animal into traffic - San Jose Mercury News
To be honest I am quite shocked. I agree with the other person who said animal abuse should have much stiffer sentences.

I forget, who said "a society will be judged by the way they treat their animals"?? The Dali-Lama?? Confusious? Am I just dreaming that I think I read that at some point in my life?

Old 04-30-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
To be honest I am quite shocked. I agree with the other person who said animal abuse should have much stiffer sentences.

I forget, who said "a society will be judged by the way they treat their animals"?? The Dali-Lama?? Confusious? Am I just dreaming that I think I read that at some point in my life?
Pretty sure that was Gandhi.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yesterday, I pick up my daughter from aftercare to head home. As we turn onto a major street, she says something like, "Daddy, that's mean to hang a dog from a tree."

I was a bit confused, and asked her what she was talking about.

She says she saw a boy hanging a dog from a tree with a leash in the front of an apartment that we passed by. Since I'm in a bit of a hurry, I ask her to clarify a bit before I bust a u-turn on a major road. Within in a few seconds, I know I have to turn around.

Passing by the apartments heading the other way, I see a man running to where a couple of kids are, but I can't get an accurate picture of what was going on due to traffic and paying attention to the upcoming light and traffic so I can turn back around to be on the same side.

Once I get turned back around, and into where the apartments are, nobody is out front any more.

Apparently the man stopped them, but my daughter says it was a real dog that was being hauled up and down the tree via one of those long line leashes over a limb. I asked here how old the kids were, and she thought they were about her age, she is 8.

I felt so sorry for that dog, but there was nothing I could do at that point.
Kudos to you for even trying and good girl for your daughter.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure that was Gandhi.
Yes!!!! Thank you, thank you, Braun. Funny, I was talking to two Seiks this morning about Mahatma and Endira (sp)!!DUH!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or