U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2014, 06:19 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,300,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
A striking example of how character and deeds can prejudice people's outlook of you. The perp IS a pretty woman but you guys can't see it through your anger towards her.
"Pretty is as pretty does".....my grandma....and likely many other people's grandmas.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 06:53 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,164,952 times
Quote:
A striking example of how character and deeds can prejudice people's outlook of you. The perp IS a pretty woman but you guys can't see it through your anger towards her.
How in the world is she pretty? I wasn't even taking into account her actions, if I just saw her walking down the street I wouldn't think so at all. And I am a woman. Even just comparing her to other black women I see plenty that are FAR better looking in my small town!

Old 05-15-2014, 08:50 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,713,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm from Jersey. My family sadly has their burial plots in holy cross, which is just over the river.
My deepest condolences. However, you said from, and if that means you are no longer whence you came, then I offer you my most sincere congratulations as well.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:46 AM

19,081 posts, read 21,227,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
My deepest condolences. However, you said from, and if that means you are no longer whence you came, then I offer you my most sincere congratulations as well.
HA! Thanks. I'm in Boston now.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:12 AM

2,603 posts, read 3,785,179 times
Quote:
To be honest I am quite shocked. I agree with the other person who said animal abuse should have much stiffer sentences.

I forget, who said "a society will be judged by the way they treat their animals"?? The Dali-Lama?? Confusious? Am I just dreaming that I think I read that at some point in my life?
It was Gandhi and it is of course true. It is a known fact that serial killers often start out first hurting animals. If you can kill an animal it's not too difficult to kill a person. People that can kill an animal have stunted emotions.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:33 PM

30,582 posts, read 9,141,487 times
How sad. And forget Newark; it can happen anywhere. Don't forget the case about 10 years ago in which a woman tapped a guy's bumper at a CA airport, the driver opened the car window to apologize and the guy grabbed her 10-year old Bichon Frise, Leo, and tossed him into traffic. The dog died, and the judge threw the book at the guy, giving him 3 years in prison.

I remember how sad that case was because Leo's owner said that she always took the dog with her to the bank, where the tellers knew him and he'd get a doggy biscuit. He was used to getting treats at the window, and that's why he ran to the open window from which the guy grabbed him. Poor thing.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:25 PM

19,081 posts, read 21,227,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
How sad. And forget Newark; it can happen anywhere. Don't forget the case about 10 years ago in which a woman tapped a guy's bumper at a CA airport, the driver opened the car window to apologize and the guy grabbed her 10-year old Bichon Frise, Leo, and tossed him into traffic. The dog died, and the judge threw the book at the guy, giving him 3 years in prison.

I remember how sad that case was because Leo's owner said that she always took the dog with her to the bank, where the tellers knew him and he'd get a doggy biscuit. He was used to getting treats at the window, and that's why he ran to the open window from which the guy grabbed him. Poor thing.
That makes me want to cry.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:15 AM

2,244 posts, read 2,322,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Thats sad.

My mom was taking care of my dad who had Alzheimers. She ofteh took her Bichon with her when they went out. Once, they were at an intersection, my dads window was part way down. The dog jumped on my dads lap and he (late Alzheimers) sort of looked at her confused, tried to put her on the dash which didn´t work so he put her out the window. My mom was schocked but luckily someone from another stopped car chased the also schockd dog down and brought her back. My mom stoped taking the dog with my dad after that.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:08 PM

854 posts, read 1,039,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Too bad this didn't happen in Oklahoma. Then she could be sentenced to death, have the execution botched, suffer, only to die of a massive heart attack on the table. Sounds like a match made in heaven. Seriously, animal abuse needs to be punished much harder.
Should be put to death for eating meat then? Since I'm pretty sure there was cruelty involved in making it.

BTW, I'm not saying the woman in question isn't a witch with a b. She is. But I'm just saying.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:02 AM

1,328 posts, read 704,899 times
Quote:
Haha! You must be kidding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or