Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 01:05 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,084,924 times

Advertisements

Spain has a very different government with different powers than the American government, though. This kind of thing should be expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 03:11 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,669,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Dangerous precedent. Once the government gets into your home no telling what they are willing to do.
I see this argument used all the time. However, a free for all isn't working out so well either. I guess expecting people to exercise common sense is too much to ask for.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:10 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Very interesting, but I don't see how they can enforce this if the parents don't cooperate.
My thought exactly, how is this enforceable? Unless it simply gives parents a legal way to force unruly kids to behave?

What's that word for when parents "divorce" their kids?

Old 05-02-2014, 08:13 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Spain has a very different government with different powers than the American government, though. This kind of thing should be expected.
It's a good reminder how much freedom from government intrusion we do have in this country. (although I see that slowly being chipped away).

It amazes me the laws passed in European countries that could never pass here. The best is the one that makes it a crime to Deny the Holocaust.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:44 PM

745 posts, read 1,648,516 times
I think the enforcement would come from peer pressure. You get your kids to do the dishes etc. but the neighbor can get his to do the same. He gets mad at his kids and threatens till they finally do, then the parents who don't bother trying find themselves the only ones and people are looking at them funny, so they finally go along with it.

We have given our kids too soft a life and showered them with various toys to keep them occupied. To grow up to be responsible adults they need to learn early. There could even be and after-school program where they would do some real work - something simple according to their age. Light assembly, packing parts, filing bags, sweeping the floors....they could do the cleaning up of the school too. Picking up pieces of paper, emptying the waste cans etc. After all most moms work and school lets out befor mom gets home. This would keep the kids out of trouble and maybe they would be tired enough to get to bed when told without objecting.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:42 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times
Good Policy.... maybe it will help usher a sense of responsibility into the way the past two generations have bred self-centered focus, greed and avarice and material pursuits by any means into the offspring's.
At least Spain is trying... what are we doing ?

We have kids now who will kill up the who school if they don't get patronized or popularity. We have kids that plot to kill the teacher, plot to set up the teacher into some scam to get the teacher fired, we have kids who kill their own family, and we have kids now who kill, just because they want to know what it feels like to kill. By 13 many have tried more drugs than many people can even name. We now promote youth homosexuality as if its a new fad. Fashion industry has used young girls like its a tool chest to promote everything provocative it can imagine to present in public display.
Kids are killing kids like its a video game. all teen movies are nothing but training tools for "seduction tactics". they can't even watch a Prime Time So called Family show, that is not riddled with 'sexual innuendo's", that is the basis of the punch lines which are played out to a laugh track.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:47 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times
I think my idea of a Draft
Reinstate "The Draft" - (Not what you think) is far better for the U.S. Youth. and may even be a good program for Foreign countries as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events