Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 05:07 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
You people are no better than the murderer.

Why not just stone them to death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
How about "some of you people....."
How about getting a grip and acknowledging that posting a comment on an Internet forum -- no matter how disagreeable you may find it-- is a far cry from shooting a young girl and then burying her alive? You should be ashamed for conflating the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 05:21 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I didn't misquote you. It's fairly obvious that those are my responses to specific points you made.

As for the 4%, if you're going to use info that was posted elsewhere in the thread, at least use it correctly. The 4% are supposedly (that number was extrapolated and isn't actual hard data) convicted, not executed.

Where is the line drawn? Eternal legal wrangling until everyone's conviction is overturned on the slightest ridiculous point? I'm sure the founding fathers meant for our legal system to be based on determining guilt, not just expert lawyering.
Many of those people were exonerated through DNA testing. How many wrongful convictions is enough for you to see a problem? One hundred? Fifty? Does it make a difference to you if its one of your family members or friends? Or do you think that's just "part of the price we pay" for having something like the death penalty on the books. If life in prison without parole were not an option, I could possibly see this your way. I think our current system is not nearly as good at adjudicating guilt and innocence as many believe.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:33 PM

966 posts, read 1,344,424 times
How can it be botched when he is dead ? 40 min was not long enough for him to lay on the table, but he will have a lot of time to consider what he did, He will be plenty warm where he went

Old 05-02-2014, 09:29 PM

459 posts, read 484,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
How can it be botched when he is dead ? 40 min was not long enough for him to lay on the table, but he will have a lot of time to consider what he did, He will be plenty warm where he went
I guess some crimes are unforgivable then? I mean that in the religious sense as well, given your comment there.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:33 PM

966 posts, read 1,344,424 times
Look at the girl he killed, only a animal can do something like that, and there is a special place in hell for them.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:04 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitegocubs View Post
I guess some crimes are unforgivable then? I mean that in the religious sense as well, given your comment there.
Leave the forgiving up to God...society doesn't have to forgive a cold blooded killer...you take a life you forfeit yours...

Old 05-03-2014, 05:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
All the bleeding hearts need to do a bit of research before they spout.

The man confessed.

He never, ever, for one single moment has showed remorse.

Deal with it!

The race card is especially repulsive.

Originally Posted by Catdancer
Was this man convicted on DNA evidence or by witness testimony? I mean, we're talking about a black man in Oklahoma here.

Nice touch, lol!

Here ya go....taped confession.

http://kfor.com/2014/05/01/letter-fr...n-point-blank/

Old 05-03-2014, 08:10 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Yeah not one word about my post re. giving politicians the right to legally murder.
/sigh

He was found guilty by a jury of his peers. The government was merely carrying out the wishes of those on the jury who voted.

Now you know.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:50 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post

I can't wrap my head around the concept of "botched execution" when the criminal is dead.

Was he convicted for "botched murder"?

Old 05-03-2014, 10:05 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,125,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I am all for the death penalty when it is proven without any doubt that the person is guilty. Either confession, DNA (has to be proven) , video etc... it has to be proven. Once that has been done there should be no appeals, no plea bargains , nothing... no waiting years.
Just keep in mind that it's possible to have a false confession. Many interrogation techniques can pressure the victim into confessing to a crime they didn't commit. It would have to be a confession combined with other forms of overwhelming evidence that they committed the crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events