U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 03:19 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,373,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGirl1002 View Post
AOL.com Article - Man dies of heart attack after botched execution

My reply to this is who cares? Did he care when he shot that girl and buried her alive?

I'm just sorry the next POS who raped and killed an innocent 11 month old baby couldn't be executed right after him.
This is a HORRIFIC post.

The DP is horrific and ILLEGAL under international law.

You guys are only surpassed by China and Afghanistan in your hurry to execute individuals.

Recent revelations state that ONE IN 25 persons executed in the US are "likely to be innocent".

I wasn't at this guys trial, maybe he did it maybe he didnt - but the attitude shown above is EXACTLY why these nasty violent crimes occur.

No one cares.

No "humanity" at all.

What would Jesus do, oh Great White Christian Megapower?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 03:53 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,376,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Soylent Green ?
Farming Emulsified Energy Droppings (FEED).

Old 04-30-2014, 03:56 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,153,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I only wish that were TRUE..
study this case;
Johnny Garrett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and there are plenty of others where likely innocent men were executed in the modern era!
10 Infamous Cases of Wrongful Execution - Criminal Justice Degrees Guide

I certainly have no sympathy for the man and his botched execution but capital punishment should be reserved for overwhelming eye witness testimony and confessions.. if there is only circumstantial evidence and a sole questionable eye witness then life in prison should be the sentence.

A death sentence should be very rare. .reserved for cases like a Jack Ruby (Caught on TV killing Oswald) and cases where the criminal confesses.. leaving no doubt about the guilt.

I'm familiar with the 10 cases in that link, which includes the De Luna case I was referring. The other 9 are not examples of the wrong persons proven to be innocent, especially Cantu.

Now, in regards to Johnny Garrett, that looks to be possibly the second case where the wrong man was executed. However, I will say that when you look at the facts of the case, I see this as kind of a lottery and an EXTREMELY rare instance that will never be repeated.

Not enough to convince me to end the death sentence.

Additionally, now with modern DNA testing and data bases, the Garrett case is practically guaranteed to never happen again.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:59 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,153,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Recent revelations state that ONE IN 25 persons executed in the US are "likely to be innocent".
Wrong.

Trying to correlate that 1 in 25 capital cases are overturned to 1 in 25 innocent persons executed shows an ignorant understanding of statistics.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:59 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,934,654 times
Quote:
This is a HORRIFIC post.

You guys are only surpassed by China and Afghanistan in your hurry to execute individuals.

I wasn't at this guys trial, maybe he did it maybe he didnt - but the attitude shown above is EXACTLY why these nasty violent crimes occur.

No one cares.

No "humanity" at all.

How much garbage can you stuff into one post? Bogus "innocence projects" designed to fabricate evidence, combined with race baiting. Your Demunist Commiecrats at work!

Old 04-30-2014, 04:04 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,373,057 times
Death Sentence Countries -

Afghanistan
Antigua and Barbuda
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belize
Botswana
Chad
China (People's Republic)
Comoros
Congo (Democratic Republic)
Cuba
Dominica
Egypt
Equatorial Guinea
Ethiopia
Guatemala
Guinea
Guyana
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Lesotho
Libya
Malaysia
Mongolia
Nigeria
North Korea
Oman
Pakistan
Palestinian Authority
Qatar
St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Lucia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Somalia
South Sudan
Sudan
Syria
Taiwan
Thailand
Trinidad and Tobago
Uganda
United Arab Emirates
United States
Vietnam
Yemen
Zimbabwe

Read more: The Death Penalty Worldwide | Infoplease.com The Death Penalty Worldwide | Infoplease.com

*sings* One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong!
Can you tell which thing is not like the others, before I finish this song....?

Old 04-30-2014, 04:19 PM

1,198 posts, read 913,663 times
I only support the death penalty in extreme cases, but if someone has committed a crime so horrible that they're to be executed for it, than I don't really care if that person suffers.

I feel that lethal injection is a stupid method of execution. These individuals should face the firing squad while at risk teens are forced to watch.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:30 PM

17,324 posts, read 14,859,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Wrong.

Trying to correlate that 1 in 25 capital cases are overturned to 1 in 25 innocent persons executed shows an ignorant understanding of statistics.
Here is s list of the number of people who were on death row and found to be not guilty via DNA and other modern measures: It is ridiculous to think if this many people were found innocent in recent years alone, that many innocent people weren't put to death prior to DNA.

EXONERATIONS BY STATE
[SIZE=3]As of March 12, 2014 there have been 144 exonerations in 26 different States.[/SIZE]
State No State No State No State No State No Florida 24 Arizona 8 Georgia 5 Mississippi 3 Kentucky 1 Illinois 20 North Carolina 7 New Mexico 4 Tennessee 3 Maryland 1 Texas 12 Pennsylvania 6 Missouri 4 Indiana 2 Nebraska 1 Oklahoma 10 Ohio 6 California 3 South Carolina 2 Nevada 1 Louisiana 10 Alabama 5 Massachusetts 3 Idaho 1 Virginia 1 Washington 1

Old 04-30-2014, 05:03 PM

10,167 posts, read 18,148,950 times
"Lethal injection" is a euphemism for poisoning, a word government dare not use lest it call to mind the death of Socrates.

The ritual of poisoning criminals is actually less humane than the former English practice of hanging a man so quickly he barely had time to think about it; from when the hangman and warders entered the condemned person's cell to his dropping took less than a minute, indeed, often well under.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:34 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,368,562 times
Quote:
This is a HORRIFIC post.

No one cares.

No "humanity" at all.

Spoken like a true liberal who "feels" for everyone, lets all sing kumbaya, shall we? OH, BUT WAIT, YOU FORGET TO MENTION............THE VICTIM IN YOUR RANTING POST OF MEANINGLESS DRIBBLE.

Yes, the victim that could have been your daughter, or even you. Shall we go over again what he did to her for you?

In most places about this earth, this animal would have been beaten to death in the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or