U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-30-2014, 02:01 PM
 
5,574 posts, read 5,574,695 times
Reputation: 16473

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Art View Post
The implied or perceived message behind a medallion can not be compared to actual spoken and recorded words.
This. Hell, we don't even know for sure that he has any idea what the medallion meant. Or that he even chose it himself. Could have been some stylist that picked out his outfit for the day.

It's not like Sterling ... we know what he said. We know that's what he believes. No assumptions need to be made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2014, 02:13 PM
 
11,451 posts, read 6,528,822 times
Reputation: 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
This. Hell, we don't even know for sure that he has any idea what the medallion meant. Or that he even chose it himself. Could have been some stylist that picked out his outfit for the day.
Quote:
When asked if the coaster-sized medallion featuring the groupís symbol, an eight pointed star with the number 7 inside of it, meant anything to him, Jay Z told The New York Post and reporters at the Barclays Center, ďA little bit"
Did you not read the article? Could a 44 yr old white business man mount your defense if he "accidentally" wore a huge racist medallion around his neck?



Quote:
It's not like Sterling ... we know what he said. We know that's what he believes. No assumptions need to be made.
Can you quote which parts of the tape you are referring to?

And no - words don't always tell you what someone believes. Those words often need context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2014, 02:14 PM
 
777 posts, read 799,015 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Exactly. They think this revelation some how excuses some white guy from being racist. Don't expect every black person to apologize to you or feel sorry for you because you discovered a black or any other race being racist.
There's nothing to apologize for. Blacks do not have a history of raping, killing, kidnapping, lynching, torturing, and enslaving white people. And white people still have white privilege to this day. And there are a lot of racist white people. It can't be the minority. Otherwise, things would be a lot different for black people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2014, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,465 posts, read 3,998,414 times
Reputation: 4332
Did anyone actually read the article...
the author notes that Jay Z was wearing the medallion to deflect folks from seeing him for what he really is..

a member of the Illuminati.


Last edited by mco65; 04-30-2014 at 02:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2014, 02:35 PM
 
2,815 posts, read 2,499,273 times
Reputation: 5150
Jay Z thinks white men are the devil, but he doesn't seem to mind having a racially mixed, white and black, wife. As if that isn't whacky enough, she keeps dying her hair blonde to look like a white girl. Doesn't she like being black?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2014, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Oceania
8,623 posts, read 5,940,878 times
Reputation: 8318
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Did anyone actually read the article...
the author notes that Jay Z was wearing to deflect folks from seeing him for what he really is..

a member of the Illuminati.


You lost 95% of the people here as they don't know what you mean and those who think they do will call you a nut and lump you in with conspiracy theorists.

Some of us are awake though I don't think he is Illuminati material. Money alone is meaningless. How much weight can he swing in a room full of members of Skull and Bones? I would guess very little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2014, 02:48 PM
 
2,815 posts, read 2,499,273 times
Reputation: 5150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
There's nothing to apologize for. Blacks do not have a history of raping, killing, kidnapping, lynching, torturing, and enslaving white people. And white people still have white privilege to this day. And there are a lot of racist white people. It can't be the minority. Otherwise, things would be a lot different for black people.


Such an angry person you must be.

White privilege?? Nothing more than some garbage made up by a sociology teacher to get a promotion. Unfortunately they count that garbage as "research". That is why Japan, Germany, and even China are ahead of us in many technology fields that require real research. That is why the US will always be behind because we look to the past instead of the future.

The majority of white people are racist?? Did you count them? Did you give them a racism test? If you haven't made such a test up yet, I'm sure a sociology teacher is working on one right now in an attempt to snag a promotion.

How would things be a lot different for black people if we all weren't such racist pigs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,465 posts, read 3,998,414 times
Reputation: 4332
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
You lost 95% of the people here as they don't know what you mean and those who think they do will call you a nut and lump you in with conspiracy theorists.

Some of us are awake though I don't think he is Illuminati material. Money alone is meaningless. How much weight can he swing in a room full of members of Skull and Bones? I would guess very little.
Well, if Jay Z is illuminati, his cover is exquisite..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2014, 03:00 PM
 
1,321 posts, read 2,096,605 times
Reputation: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Such an angry person you must be.

White privilege?? Nothing more than some garbage made up by a sociology teacher to get a promotion. Unfortunately they count that garbage as "research". That is why Japan, Germany, and even China are ahead of us in many technology fields that require real research. That is why the US will always be behind because we look to the past instead of the future.
You're saying that Germans aren't sensitive about living down the evil deeds of their past? Pretty sure they got us beat on the political correctness on sensitivity to those they've wronged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2014, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
26,363 posts, read 14,238,251 times
Reputation: 10162
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Did you not read the article? Could a 44 yr old white business man mount your defense if he "accidentally" wore a huge racist medallion around his neck?
Heck - just fly the wrong flag...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top