U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 04:11 PM

4,536 posts, read 5,440,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777
Such an angry person you must be.

White privilege?? Nothing more than some garbage made up by a sociology teacher to get a promotion. Unfortunately they count that garbage as "research". That is why Japan, Germany, and even China are ahead of us in many technology fields that require real research. That is why the US will always be behind because we look to the past instead of the future.

That is not at all what I said. The Germans are very sensitive to what has gone on in the past, so much so that they have made many things that remind one of the racism that existed in their past illegal. However, the Germans do not pay teachers billions to think up such garbage as "white privilege". Instead they spend billions on engineering research, which is one big reason why their economy is the strongest in Europe, and one of the strongest in the world.

Black people in the US would be much better off if our government spent the money on jobs and education, instead of the government throwing that money away on sociologists to dream up ways that white people should be shameful for what some white people did to blacks 150 years ago. It only causes racial hatred, and causes blacks to look to the past, not to the future. Such garbage offers no plan to help black people prosper and to make a better future for themselves.
Let's not get too far off topic here but really, how much more money do we need to spend? So many jobs already have a non-white hiring preference that it is very clear that nothing will stop the whinning. Enough is enough. Respect is earned not bought by tax dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 06:15 PM

2,963 posts, read 2,686,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Let's not get too far off topic here but really, how much more money do we need to spend? So many jobs already have a non-white hiring preference that it is very clear that nothing will stop the whinning. Enough is enough. Respect is earned not bought by tax dollars.

I don't know about off topic; I would think that the moderator would inform me about that. I answered the ridiculous post about "white privilege" because it is pure garbage, a figment of the wild imagination of a lazy, money hungry, sociology teacher.

I don't know how much more money we need to spend, but just about any way that money is spent would be preferable to paying a stinking liberal teacher to dream up more garbage phrases to shame whites and to make blacks hate whites. I wasn't even thinking about a non white hiring preference; that is your suggestion.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:51 PM

4,138 posts, read 4,140,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Jay Z was an owner of the Nets just a few months ago and he has a company that represents pro athletes.

For the record, I care nothing about Sterling. I believe Jay Z influences more people than Sterling and it's interesting to see how the media treats similar issues that don't involve a white person.
White men complaining about racism is so strange to me.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:46 AM

341 posts, read 419,208 times
Shaq is a racist too and he owns part of the Sacramento Kings

Old 05-01-2014, 06:09 AM

2,034 posts, read 2,418,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
White men complaining about racism is so strange to me.
Why is that strange? It cuts both ways.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:52 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,943,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
There's nothing to apologize for. Blacks do not have a history of raping, killing, kidnapping, lynching, torturing, and enslaving white people. And white people still have white privilege to this day.

"Whites" don't have a history of "raping, killing, kidnapping, lynching, etc"

To suggest that white people, as a group, are "rapists, killers, kidnappers, etc" is . . . racist.

I think maybe what you were trying to say would, in a non-racist way, sound something like, "rapists, killers and kidnappers have a history of raping, killing and kidnapping."

Old 05-01-2014, 11:10 AM

2,963 posts, read 2,686,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97
There's nothing to apologize for. Blacks do not have a history of raping, killing, kidnapping, lynching, torturing, and enslaving white people. And white people still have white privilege to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post

"Whites" don't have a history of "raping, killing, kidnapping, lynching, etc"

To suggest that white people, as a group, are "rapists, killers, kidnappers, etc" is . . . racist.

I think maybe what you were trying to say would, in a non-racist way, sound something like, "rapists, killers and kidnappers have a history of raping, killing and kidnapping."

No, I don't think so. Anyone who rants about "white privilege" is not going to talk in a non-racist way.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:56 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,001,136 times
If it was not for biggie smalls and other rappers the only think Jay Z would be saying into a microphone is hey welcome to Popeye's may i take your order.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:09 AM

462 posts, read 334,258 times
Quote:
LOL at how blatant racism can be rationalized.
Did you know that medallion was a symbol of racism before it was reported by the press.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:10 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,807,974 times
Quote:
I guess plate sized racist medallions are accidentally picked up at the mall while shopping for kicks.
Do you really think Jay Z goes to the mall and shops for his own clothes and accessories? More likely he puts on whatever shows up when he wakes up each morning. I'd be willing to bet that he had no clue what he was wearing but didn't want to look ignorant to its meaning so he gave a non-answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or