Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 11:06 AM

9,793 posts, read 11,453,576 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised no one posted this yet!
Quote:
The Florida State University quarterback allegedly stole $32.72 worth of seafood from a local Publix

Jameis Winston, the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback at Florida State University, was suspended from the school’s baseball team Wednesday after being issued a citation for shoplifting seafood.
Winston, who plays both football and baseball for FSU, was not arrested for the incident, but was instead issued an adult civil citation. USA Today reports the citation requires 20 hours of community service.
“As a result of his citation last night, we are suspending Jameis Winston from the baseball team,” said FSU Baseball Coach Mike Martin said in a statement. “I am confident he will complete his community service obligation and the situation will be resolved soon.”
Florida State University’s football coach Jimbo Fisher, said, ““I fully support Coach Martin’s decision and will also make sure that Jameis meets all obligations, which I know he will.” The redshirt sophomore is known chiefly for his prowess on the football field, having led the team to a BCS national championship in 2014, but plays for the school’s baseball team out of season.
On Tuesday, Winston was allegedly caught stealing $32.72 worth of crab legs and crawfish from a Florida Publix grocery store, according to CBS12 News. Winston told local officers that he forgot to pay for the seafood after placing an order at the seafood counter.
The shoplifting incident is only the latest trouble for the student. Winston was accused of raping an FSU freshman in late 2012, though he wasn’t identified as her attacker until January 2013. The Department of Education is investigating the school’s handling of the rape accusations under the Title IX amendment of the Education Amendments of 1972. Title IX requires schools to respond swiftly to any and all allegations of rape. Prosecutors found there was insufficient evidence to bring charges, and Winston has denied any wrongdoing.
Florida State’s discipline policy allows students with civil citations to practice and compete in athletic events, but the final decision rests with the team’s head coach.
Rest of article
http://time.com/83108/jameis-winston...oplifting-fsu/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 02:36 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,546,470 times
Really sad;seems he forgot is his exscuse. Not first problem he has had .

Old 05-02-2014, 02:40 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,213,418 times
Just another Dumb college athlete....No surprise here, as there's always a couple before the draft who pull some stunts..I mean how dumb can you be..

These kids are on the verge of signing million dollar contracts and they do things like this..I truly believe they can't help themselves and think they can get away with anything...or they are just plain stupid!!

Old 05-02-2014, 03:34 PM

9,793 posts, read 11,453,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
Just another Dumb college athlete....No surprise here, as there's always a couple before the draft who pull some stunts..I mean how dumb can you be..

These kids are on the verge of signing million dollar contracts and they do things like this..I truly believe they can't help themselves and think they can get away with anything...or they are just plain stupid!!
Sad part is, they do think they could get away with anything.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:45 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,213,418 times
But don't they realize the scrutiny their under, and that they are a target for just this kind of thing....to get caught doing something illegal or wrong..

They can't be happy or content knowing their future can be secured in the up coming weeks for life!!

It's like knowing your going to hit the lottery next week and be all set...yet you choose to commit a crime and get thrown in jail to throw it all away..I don't get it.

Last edited by brienzi; 05-02-2014 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 05-03-2014, 01:35 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,799,700 times
What a dumb a$$. Thi$ will co$t him money down the road.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:38 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,851,780 times
This is probably one of the dumbest ones I've heard. This one isn't dumb because it's bad...it's dumb because well, why the hell would he steal crab legs!!! It makes me wonder about his "life" decision making abilities.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:03 AM

462 posts, read 424,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
What a dumb a$$. Thi$ will co$t him money down the road.

No it won't.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:23 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,614,563 times
At least he wasn't beating his wife, murdering his kids, raping someone, or torturing dogs.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:49 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,388,093 times
Surely someone will post that he just made a mistake....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events