U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 04:22 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,233,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
There is some risk with most sports involving animals.

Are you anti hunting too??
Yes, there is risk and a lot of suffering, for the pleasure of humans. That's why the ASPCA was founded in the 1800's. Because too many felt that the animals could bear the "risk".

This is a lousy attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 04:26 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Yes, there is risk and a lot of suffering, for the pleasure of humans. That's why the ASPCA was founded in the 1800's. Because too many felt that the animals could bear the "risk".

This is a lousy attitude.
Then continue to buy your food from the supper market....where no animals where harmed.

And use no soap, shampoo...tooth paste...tires....anything with animal by products.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:28 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,233,297 times
Quote:
There is some risk with most sports involving animals.

Are you anti hunting too??
Here is my personal belief: If we can get along, not suffer ourselves, without using a horse, hunting, racing for money with all of the inherent risks and over breeding and slaughtering, we have a moral obligation to do without these things. I really feel we have a MORAL obligation. I feel that we are supposed to have feelings for others and take pains not to set them up where they might be hurt, just for our "pleasure".

We are to protect, not abuse or set up animals for the possibility of abuse simply for our pleasure. This is one of my beliefs in life. We have only a few years on earth and I think we ought to live them thoughtfully and with compassion and care.

I never knew what happens to race horses, the many many bad things that happen. Now I know. I will never support this activity.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Here is my personal belief: If we can get along, not suffer ourselves, without using a horse, hunting, racing for money with all of the inherent risks and over breeding and slaughtering, we have a moral obligation to do without these things. I really feel we have a MORAL obligation. I feel that we are supposed to have feelings for others and take pains not to set them up where they might be hurt, just for our "pleasure".

We are to protect, not abuse or set up animals for the possibility of abuse simply for our pleasure. This is one of my beliefs in life. We have only a few years on earth and I think we ought to live them thoughtfully and with compassion and care.

I never knew what happens to race horses, the many many bad things that happen. Now I know. I will never support this activity.
Horses over population is a problem in the US.

The derby horses are the lucky ones.....they are well cared for.

Slaughter is the only answer for others...I don't like it...it is just a fact.

We need to open more slaughter houses in the US and let them operate.

The horses going to slaughter now go to Mexico...packed in trailers....with no food and water....little room to move.

The get to the plant missing eyes and many have broken bones.

This link sounds good....but, does not save horses....it just makes their last days a longer nightmare.

Horse slaughter blocked by federal law

Old 05-04-2014, 05:05 PM

148 posts, read 159,528 times
Haiti used to skin them to make baseballs. I think they stopped doing that. They also quit using pony bottles!

Old 05-04-2014, 05:59 PM

3,445 posts, read 4,825,308 times
With the price of beef lately I,m ready to chow down on Trigger

Old 05-04-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
With the price of beef lately I,m ready to chow down on Trigger
It is eaten in many counties.

They were going to start here in the US.....Obama blocked it.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:16 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,073,320 times
Quote:
It is eaten in many counties.

They were going to start here in the US.....Obama blocked it.
We've gone from honoring California Chrome to eating horses? Driller, what's your opinion of the line breeding claims?

Old 05-04-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
We've gone from honoring California Chrome to eating horses? Driller, what's your opinion of the line breeding claims?
California Chrome has some line breeding...to far back to be good or, bad.

In quarter horses their was a breeder by the name of Wisecamp.

His ideal cross was a full brother to a full sister....he did have a lot of success.

He all was very good at culling foals at birth......so what would have happened is hard to say.

To this day you with see MANY horses with Wisecamp blood.......just look for "SKIP" somewhere in their name.

This is also a Wisecamp horse....line bred.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/randy+nic+wells

See what happens here...

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/skipper+w

If you go to the top of the pedigree page you will see a little picture....click that...it tells more about the horse.

Last edited by Driller1; 05-04-2014 at 06:34 PM..

Old 05-04-2014, 07:06 PM

2,792 posts, read 1,676,108 times
Not much of a derby fan but was rooting for Intense Holiday because I liked the name and I could use one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or