U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 12:53 PM

179 posts, read 177,289 times

Advertisements

Boy, you guys are some unhappy campers, sorry I stepped in here. I've learned my lesson.

Edit: I live in what I guess could be called a "multicultural" neighborhood too btw, there's all different shades of a folk and they somehow can coexist without murdering each other. The amount of melanin in my neighbor's skin isn't always at the forefront of my mind though lol, other things tend to take precedent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 01:20 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,207,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Why does it always have to be USA to help out? Maybe China should do something since they're the new big economy.

I'm sick of American taxes going to helping out random countries. For the amount of money we give in aid to countries that spit in our faces, every homeless person in America could be fed.
Good point. The same people that hate us in Libya daily were demanding we do more during the crisis. Same with Syria.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:41 PM

22,706 posts, read 28,590,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
We have to pick and choose the battles we fight. Apparently we are 'In'. Rescuing these little girls and taking out this insane warlord is doing the right thing in almost anyones book.
rescuing those little girls is the job of Nigeria. like I said, America doesn't have the resources to right every wrong in this world. we cant even do it. we toppled governments in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya and the people will be worse off for it. how many little girls are being butchered in Syria? so should we get involved there? it would seem to be a much larger number of innocent deaths than in Nigeria.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:05 PM

12,976 posts, read 11,798,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
For some reason I'm suspicious of this story.

Seemingly out of nowhere some 'radical muslim group' kidnaps children for sale for horrible purposes. Then they make the intentions known on an international stage? I'd think they keep it as silent as possible and sell quietly to someone who wants the goods.

Again, seemingly on short notice, there are protests about this in several US cities.

I hope this gets resolved, but My conspiracy instincts are heightened.
Atrocities committed by Boko Haram have been well documented since 2009. There has been outrage about their ongoing massacres for many years.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...meline-Nigeria

IRIN Africa | Timeline of Boko Haram attacks and related violence | Nigeria | Economy | Governance | Refugees/IDPs | Security | Urban Risk

BBC News - Who are Nigeria's Boko Haram Islamists?

Timeline of Boko Haram attacks in Nigeria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-07-2014, 02:19 PM

7,987 posts, read 3,940,880 times
media!

Everyone please note,however,that except for Wikipedia... not one of these sources is the worthless POS 'American' media!

Those in American media do not give two hoots about Africa or any problems there! Including Obama's bald face BS promises to help Darfur!

Old 05-07-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
media!

Everyone please note,however,that except for Wikipedia... not one of these sources is the worthless POS 'American' media!

Those in American media do not give two hoots about Africa or any problems there! Including Obama's bald face BS promises to help Darfur!
There are a few.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/27/world/...ar-of-attacks/

Old 05-07-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
why should we?

Old 05-07-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
why should we?
Who is this "we" you keep on talking about?

Old 05-07-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Who is this "we" you keep on talking about?
americans as individuals and as a government

mostly for the sake of actually taking action. we can all feel sorry for what they go through but I don't know why people think we should get involved.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:55 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,053,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Lets be honest..its Africa..who cares.

Well young man, I do. The African Rim as been a hub for mass murders and corruption for many years, but I care mostly because of what happen in that part of the world on Oct 3rd, and 4th known as Black Hawk Down or Day of the Rangers. The 75th Rangers, Air Force Combat Controllers, and Tier One Delta engaged the enemy and lost 18 souls and another 73 wounded and a Nightstalker pilot captured trying to free the oppressed, it's called, (de oppresso liber ) you god damn right, I care, these murders need to learn fear. And the best and only way to do that is by sending...

The Quiet Professionals.
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or