U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 10:56 PM

2,800 posts, read 2,478,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I get what you are saying because you are equating a citizen Muslim with state or groups. What would you call this Muslim, for example? Prays 5 times a day, fasts one month of the year, tries to go on pilgrimage to Mecca if he can afford it, his wife and daughters dress as they please, doesn't lie, gives to charity, follows Islamic edicts in his personal space, minds his own business and doesn't evangelize?

So you have delineated a few of the better qualities of a mythical muslim. Please tell us more. Does you mythical muslim criticize muslim terrorists, like the ones we are talking about in this thread? I am sure he/she doesn't. I have never heard or read of any of your "good muslims" criticizing muslim terrorist acts yet, have you? Why is it that all members of the religion of peace become deaf and mute when such terrorist acts occur? If a Christian or Jew committed such acts, you and I both know that other Christians and Jews would condemn such behavior immediately. So maybe your mythical muslim hasn't committed any terrorist acts (yet), but he/she certainly doesn't seem to disagree in any way with what is going on.

You didn't say anything about the mosques. Why not? Do you know what goes on inside those mosques? Just as in every other house of worship, money is collected for a variety of purposes, among them to advance that faith. Some of that money goes to finance terrorism around the world. Yes, a percentage of the money collected in EVERY mosque in the world goes to finance terrorism because this is how islam is spread, and it is how it has been spread since that pervert mohammed founded what he called a religion hundreds of years ago. Does your "good muslim" have a problem with that? Do you have a problem with that? I do.

Islam is not a religion and it has nothing to do with peace. It is a dangerous cult that attempts to justify murder and mayhem by calling itself a religion. When one belongs to a religion, they are free to leave that religion and join another religion, or become an atheist if they so desire. No so with islam. If one attempts to leave islam, they will be killed. For this reason, islam is not a religion; it is a dangerous cult because it has the qualities of a cult, that is death to those who seek to leave.

I won't even mention how muslims treat those of other faiths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 11:54 PM

18,578 posts, read 13,704,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I get what you are saying because you are equating a citizen Muslim with state or groups. What would you call this Muslim, for example? Prays 5 times a day, fasts one month of the year, tries to go on pilgrimage to Mecca if he can afford it, his wife and daughters dress as they please, doesn't lie, gives to charity, follows Islamic edicts in his personal space, minds his own business and doesn't evangelize?
Thats a good point. In my experience your description would describe most Muslim people in the US, Western countries and perhaps some but not all areas of Indonesia.

It can probably be argued that that the Western 'Moderate' Muslims don't practice the Anti-Christian/Jewish/Buddhist/Atheist/Heretical Muslim behavior that is practiced in much of the middle east and Africa. Unfortunately, as it pertains to the girls abducted into slavery in the OP, Slavery that ended in the west, is alive and well in Islamic areas of the Middle East and Africa.

For the apologist all you have to do is look the Boko Haram to see how Islamist Slavery has continued as it always has-unabated for 1400 years.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:09 AM

13,695 posts, read 8,689,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
So you have delineated a few of the better qualities of a mythical muslim. Please tell us more. Does you mythical muslim criticize muslim terrorists, like the ones we are talking about in this thread? I am sure he/she doesn't.
Would you know about it if they did? Once again you are equating individuals with groups. If CAIR doesn't condemn Islamic terrorism then all Muslims must be for it. If some government in the middle east doesn't condemn terrorism then the whole country is for it. Individuals have no power to get their voices out. Their opinions stay in their homes. They have jobs . They can't go on marches or issue press releases every time some lunatic kidnaps someone. Now if you want to condemn organizations I am with you. Yes, mosques are used as recruiting grounds and must be dealt with. They must be singled out and surveilled because that is where the threat is. CAIR and other organizations like them should not be allowed to influence policy. They are suspect as far as I am concerned. Other Muslim countries should be taken to task. How come the burden of saving those girls is on us? Where are other Muslim countries in Africa. They seem to be killing each other every day. They must have fighters and weapons.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:39 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,934,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"This isn't a new incident. This has been happening for years."
True. This specific type of Slavery (Slavery in the name of Islam) has continued on for on 1400 years. If you want to see how much of Islam spread around the world all you have to look at the Boko Haram. It's a text book example of how it spread through the Middle east and Africa. They have been doing this since Mohammad's time. You don't have to look back 100 years, it's alive and well now.
Sooner or later, it will be time for "Operation Last Crusade", and I don't mean Indiana Jones either. This is either World War 4 or Cold War 2, depending upon your view of history.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:47 AM

18,578 posts, read 13,704,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
Sooner or later, it will be time for "Operation Last Crusade", and I don't mean Indiana Jones either. This is either World War 4 or Cold War 2, depending upon your view of history.
It does sound like the making of a movie. "Crusade" would be indicative of a Christian movement, and we in the US are a mostly secular country, or at least we have a separation of church and state, no? The people who carried out the Crusades were as crazy and extreme as Boko Haram is today. If thats the case we in the west are 600 years past where radical Islam is at today, and going back to the days of the Crusades would be a major step back.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:46 AM

1,170 posts, read 748,907 times
I am Canadian and I appreciate that we have had the benefit of US military activity protecting our interests.

That being said, it's important to clarify that when it comes to humanitarian aid the US is positively average. The absolute numbers quoted above don't reflect the size of the country, and when per capita humanitarian aid is considered the US ends up 2/3 down the list. Also important is that many of those that spend more internationally also pay higher taxes for domestic support for the less fortunate. This Princeton study is slightly dated but if I recall correctly the fundamental themes haven't changed.

The Soapbox

Also, while we should always take care of the less fortunate in our own countries, the quality of life for the worst situated citizens in US is still significantly higher than those in much of the world.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:11 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,934,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It does sound like the making of a movie. "Crusade" would be indicative of a Christian movement, and we in the US are a mostly secular country, or at least we have a separation of church and state, no? The people who carried out the Crusades were as crazy and extreme as Boko Haram is today. If thats the case we in the west are 600 years past where radical Islam is at today, and going back to the days of the Crusades would be a major step back.
Don't forget I also updated Kipling for the 21st century earlier. Is it time to "get colonial" on them?

Old 05-13-2014, 11:00 PM

10,339 posts, read 7,605,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
I am Canadian and I appreciate that we have had the benefit of US military activity protecting our interests.

That being said, it's important to clarify that when it comes to humanitarian aid the US is positively average. The absolute numbers quoted above don't reflect the size of the country, and when per capita humanitarian aid is considered the US ends up 2/3 down the list. Also important is that many of those that spend more internationally also pay higher taxes for domestic support for the less fortunate. This Princeton study is slightly dated but if I recall correctly the fundamental themes haven't changed.

The Soapbox

Also, while we should always take care of the less fortunate in our own countries, the quality of life for the worst situated citizens in US is still significantly higher than those in much of the world.

Since when has the U.S. military activity protected Canadian interests? If it has, it's as a side-effect of looking out for America's own self-interest.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:49 AM

597 posts, read 899,845 times
I am 100% against negotiating with these terrorists to get the girls back. If they trade the terrorists in jail for girls, that will send a signal to the terrorists that anytime they want anything, just kidnap girls.

50 boys were kidnapped before and were actually burned to death and no one said a word. Most of you reading this, probably didn't even know about it. (Thanks to our media that decides what we are allowed to know)

While we are all up in arms about these girls....does anyone know who the US marine is doing in the Mexican jail....he is currently chained to the bed.

How about the other US prisioners who are being tortured in jails around the world???

I feel bad for these girls but I really think we should be taking care of our own before we are getting involved in everyone elses's problems.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:26 AM

13,695 posts, read 8,689,234 times
The latest is that the girls in the video may not even be the ones kidnapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or