U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 03:19 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,051,726 times

Advertisements

1) This is just another reason why our country is the greatest, we're a country built on law and order.

2) I've been to Eastern Euro, the middle East and the African Rim, I will always feel the same.

3) Had an old MSG tell me once, there's always going to be another objective and a mission, I hope and pray for the girls safety but most of all, I hope the USA stays quite and "not" show our hand, and send the "Tip of The Sword"

The Quite Professionals

No Mercy, No Quarter, No more, just "The Tip of The Sword" it's all these Skinnies know and fear..

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 03:20 PM

7,282 posts, read 8,382,550 times
The USA is joining in the search for the abducted girls.

Kinda late the party ain't it? I guess it is better than nothing and takes the pressure off the humanitarian disaster in the S.Sudan.

Don't need to be policeman of the world to look for people.

Instead of talking, just do it. Too much political nonsense and look at me in all this. Go in, find them, deal with the abductors and bug out and never admit to having been there.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:29 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,051,726 times
Send the "small" Army and then it doesn't matter, I am not talking being the Policemen of the world.

I'm talking about not officially being there. Swift Justice, there's no better team in the world. Tier One

Take care
Knight

Old 05-06-2014, 04:01 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,127,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennValleyDuuude View Post
I'd bet 10 bucks that poster identifies as a "Christian" as well.
I bet he is human, and since you are human, you are exactly like him.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:38 PM

1,098 posts, read 2,145,628 times
If hundreds of young white girls had been kidnaped, you have to wonder if the world's reaction would be the same.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:54 PM

12,913 posts, read 19,792,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
I am a parent to two daughters, and I know how I would be feeling right now if my kids were abducted. Words cannot describe the desperation and dedication I would have in finding them.

However, we live in a different place in the Western world. In the US, this type of thing would be socially reprehensible, instead of calculated and organized. And with that in mind, I tend to side with the individuals here who believe we should be working to correct our own failings in the US.

I have a very dear friend who has travelled on missionary trips to Africa multiple times. My thought to her is why spend so much time and energy and risk on a place that overnight can lose 300 of it's young women to insurgents, when we can work to clean up the streets of Chicago and not leave our own city?

Much to be done here. Perhaps too much to focus our energies elsewhere.
I completely disagree.

Of all the reasons the US has become involved overseas, few have struck me as urgently as this. This time, it's children. And , children frequently bear the brunt of the ugliness and stupidity of adults. They deserve our resources. All they wanted was an education, that would have enabled them to have a voice in their country.

If we don't protect those least capable of protecting themselves, how civilized a society can we really claim to be?

Old 05-06-2014, 05:42 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,333,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I live in America. what outcry should there be here? its not our problem.
Yes. It is our problem. Because there are young girls who could be raped. Because there are young girls who could be sold into sex slavery. Because there are young girls who were trying to get an education and were kidnapped. Because there are young girls who are not at home with their families. Because there are innocent young girls who are suffering.

For anyone who can't see that...... sucks to be them.

Though not as much as it would suck to be their daughter.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:23 PM

18,542 posts, read 13,678,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Lets be honest..its Africa..who cares.
Yeah, we have more important things to do like watch like the previously mentioned Clipper owner being taped by his sugar baby on TMZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
The USA is joining in the search for the abducted girls.

Kinda late the party ain't it? I guess it is better than nothing and takes the pressure off the humanitarian disaster in the S.Sudan.

Don't need to be policeman of the world to look for people.

Instead of talking, just do it. Too much political nonsense and look at me in all this. Go in, find them, deal with the abductors and bug out and never admit to having been there.
200 plus little girls kidnapped. Should we go in? Absolutely. Their home country doesn't have the resources to get the job done. If not us, who? The UN

Old 05-06-2014, 06:46 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,030,761 times
This is crazy in these times. But if one reads about past many tribes would kidnap other tribes women and children.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:47 PM

264 posts, read 263,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGecko View Post
Of course it doesn't affect fathers, brothers, or friends at all. Of course not.

Yes women are the targeted victims - but this IS a human rights issue. It is about slavery. The fact that it happens to be aimed at women doesn't change that.
29 Nigerian boys were killed recently in a school by the same group. It didn't get much attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or