U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2014, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,616 posts, read 9,148,309 times
Reputation: 29163

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
There is no point in denying an outright LIE.

So the sea level has risen since 1870. Can you tell me it hasnt risen before....ever.

Climate change. Oh wait, it was global warming until everyone was freezing last winter...is nothing more than BS.

Just look back when the eco-nazis were screaming about the BP oil spill in the Gulf...how it was going to be a disaster. And what happened? The Gulf microbes ate up the oil...no disaster.

We have to stop listening to so called scientists.....all they are looking for is more government funding so they can keep their jobs

Not only all of that , but with respect to your last sentence, what they're really looking for is an excuse to impose that pesky Global Tax--the same one being pushed by that do-nothing, money-grabbing, corrupt U.N.

Hold on to your wallets, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2014, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna.
11,413 posts, read 6,820,345 times
Reputation: 14480
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_north View Post
You need to take a course in logical fallacies, as your comments are riddled with them. Surely you understand how entrenched the oil, gas and coal industry is in American government and society? How can you expect quick action when half the people in America don't understand the scientific method?

It's up to the populace to force mass action on this, and deniers are wasting a lot of time dismissing this critical issue as trivial. Turn on any major right-wing talk show and you get nothing but a litany of anti-environmentalism and anti-intellectualism.

I think science denial should not be allowed under the First Amendment. It's getting too dangerous to "agree to disagree" with willfully ignorant liars on this topic. People like Senator James Inhofe have no business holding public office in any environmental context. Creationists need to stay in church and not influence national or state policy-making.
We've seen plenty of evidence at this forum that within most of the so-called "progressives" -- (they no longer can muster the honesty to use the word "Liberal") there lies a closeted Fascist, but seldom so blatantly as in this post.

Seig Hiel, unser Fuehrer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2014, 09:31 AM
 
2,836 posts, read 3,009,664 times
Reputation: 1399
http://www.city-data.com/forum/32670477-post5.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2014, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Cold Springs, NV
4,576 posts, read 9,105,780 times
Reputation: 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
We've seen plenty of evidence at this forum that within most of the so-called "progressives" -- (they no longer can muster the honesty to use the word "Liberal") there lies a closeted Fascist, but seldom so blatantly as in this post.

Seig Hiel, unser Fuehrer?
You've confused Fascism with Nazism, and they're both right wing ideals, so what's your point? Was Teddy Roosevelt (R) the leader of the Progressive Movement a liberal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2014, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Rhode Island
6,313 posts, read 10,498,877 times
Reputation: 6123
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I live in Florida and own property here. The evidence of sea level rise is evident everywhere and I don't need any scientists whether for or against climate change to tell me the truth of rising sea levels. Florida ranges from a few inches to a few feet above sea level and any increase is going to affect coastal Florida as well as potentially the aquifer with devastating effects. Except for those who don't want to acknowledge the obvious, as far as I know many businesses, coastal communities and insurance companies all know what's coming down the pike and are preparing for its consequences.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/08/us...ange.html?_r=0
Because there are people who see everything as part of a government conspiracy against them. They also do not have the capacity to read and understand scientific studies and therefore are suspicious of people who do. Look at members of the Flat Earth Society and the ones who say we never landed on the moon because it was manufactured government propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2014, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Cold Springs, NV
4,576 posts, read 9,105,780 times
Reputation: 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Because there are people who see everything as part of a government conspiracy against them. They also do not have the capacity to read and understand scientific studies and therefore are suspicious of people who do. Look at members of the Flat Earth Society and the ones who say we never landed on the moon because it was manufactured government propaganda.
I agree, and a trend in the GOP to lean towards extremism on any issue has create divisions that are actually a detriment to the party. Today's GOP makes me ashamed to have belonged to them in the past. before some yahoo calls me a flaming liberal. No, I'm not registered to the Democratic party either. I just look past political rhetoric, and judge by accomplishment. Both have accomplished little, and especially for jobs and the working class.

Whether you want to agree with the topic at hand change is occurring. Is the smog in Bejing China part of this normal climate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2014, 10:08 AM
 
7,282 posts, read 8,407,047 times
Reputation: 11407
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And so are brain dead Democrats.

I don't hear any Democrats denouncing the President taking an armada of aircraft and other CO2 generators to Hawaii each and every year pumping tens of millions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere. And for what? To sit on a specific beach he likes?

When the President travels, both 747's go. There are between 3 and 4 heavy lift military cargo jets. There are 2 "regular" jets that carry support personnel. They take Marine One. Prior to travel, a jet takes advance personnel as well.

So, let me ask you this. Do you think President Obama believes Climate Change is real, but just doesn't care how much impact he has or that he doesn't believe in it?

Why is the UN's solution a tax? Why doesn't it just set hard caps for each country based on population? If you told me a common ingredient in baby food was killing babies, I'd say the correct course of action would be to ban that ingredient, not to place higher tax on it in hopes that it might deter its use.

Now, let's talk about some of these climate summits they've had. Are these climate champions unaware of technology called video conferencing or do they believe they use special anti-CO2 when they travel by jet to gather in a city across the globe and this anti-CO2 absorbs normal CO2 that everyone else is producing?

I guess it's kind of difficult for us "brain-dead" people to take climate change serious when the "enlightened" liberals don't take it serious at all. It's like if the "no fur" groups had a fund raiser by auctioning off mink coats.
Lets not forget that the dope heads first great idea was to create CO2 generators to help increase the potency of the pot they smoke and use in food they make. The very same people that get out and protest climate change then go back to refill their CO2 canisters for the next toke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2014, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna.
11,413 posts, read 6,820,345 times
Reputation: 14480
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
You've confused Fascism with Nazism, and they're both right wing ideals, so what's your point? Was Teddy Roosevelt (R) the leader of the Progressive Movement a liberal?
And you fail to make the differentiation between "progressive" or (pseudo-)liberal and libertarian, which can be likened to the Classical Liberalism best expressed by Voltaire's comment (on many occasions, and in many forms), that "I may disagree with what a man says, but I will defend his right to say it."

"Right wing" has simply fallen into use as a smear-term to describe anything the Politically Correct have (collectively, ... of course, of course) decided they don't approve of (but often can't define in concise terms).

Theodore Roosevelt was no friend to the individual; his so-called "progressivism" paved the way for a figure some of us now view as the single greatest threat to personal and economic liberty -- Woodrow Wilson and the bureaucratic Frankenstein embodied in the "modern" Democratic Party, now degenerating into a collection of childish "pet issues" which no one seems able to pay for without the thievery called "income redistribution".

Just remember that most of the consumer goods and foodstuffs Florida can't function without originate out here among the red-state peasantry so many of the self-proclaimed illuminatii hold in contempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2014, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Cold Springs, NV
4,576 posts, read 9,105,780 times
Reputation: 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And you fail to make the differentiation between "progressive" or (pseudo-)liberal and libertarian, which can be likened to the Classical Liberalism best expressed by Voltaire's comment (on many occasions, and in many forms), that "I may disagree with what a man says, but I will defend his right to say it."

"Right wing" has simply fallen into use as a smear-term to describe anything the Politically Correct have (collectively, ... of course, of course) decided they don't approve of (but often can't define in concise terms).

Theodore Roosevelt was no friend to the individual; his so-called "progressivism" paved the way for a figure some of us now view as the single greatest threat to personal and economic liberty -- Woodrow Wilson and the bureaucratic Frankenstein embodied in the "modern" Democratic Party, now degenerating into a collection of childish "pet issues" which no one seems able to pay for without the thievery called "income redistribution".

Just remember that most of the consumer goods and foodstuffs Florida can't function without originate out here among the red-state peasantry so many of the self-proclaimed illuminatii hold in contempt.
This does not in anyway clarify your error. It does however appear to mask that there was an error.

Does your ideology hold anything positive, or is there fault in everything in your utopian world that pleases you?

I say again, Nazism, and Fascism are different, but both right wing ideals. I'm not labeling anything here, and the superiority of race belief in Nazism is what makes it right wing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2014, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna.
11,413 posts, read 6,820,345 times
Reputation: 14480
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
This does not in anyway clarify your error. It does however appear to mask that there was an error.

Does your ideology hold anything positive, or is there fault in everything in your utopian world that pleases you?

I say again, Nazism, and Fascism are different, but both right wing ideals. I'm not labeling anything here, and the superiority of race belief in Nazism is what makes it right wing.
I don't seek to impose my views on other people; I simply argue for them on logical, empirical grounds -- in particular, the fact that personal and economic liberties are inseparable. Tamper with one, and the other seems to need "adjustment' pretty quickly.

"Remember, power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." (Acton)

If you seek proof, you need look no further than Post #14

The Politically Correct, on the other hand, have appointed themselves as the final authority on right and wrong (subject to change due to the Pop Wisdom of the day). Sounds an awful lot like National Socialism to me.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-12-2014 at 10:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top