U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 07:20 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,169,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I really wish the press would just let this go. Here is an 81 year old man with cancer who may have dementia illegally recorded by a goldigging mistress and the media is the one screaming for his blood and ridiculing him over and over. Many others think his punishment was enough. There is cnn night after night bringing on more people demanding he lose the team. And I notice during this whole time they were listing Magic and a whole bunch of other wealthy ( and sometimes black) people as showing interest in wanting to buy his team. They practically had it sold already.
The guy is 80 years old. Why don't people realize he might actually have dementia? He is not right in his mind. Nah, let's crucify an aging old man who is not thinking right.

You got to love the public. Always able to tell right from wrong. Picking on old people. Way to go.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:23 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,169,913 times
Still amazed that out of all the thousands Magic has slept with, you would think that a dozen would have came out claiming they contacted HIV from him. Not one female. Incredible.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:29 PM

10,060 posts, read 9,305,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Not my personal feelings, but some have speculated that what you were taught in sex ed was a ploy to make HIV seem like "everyone's" disease. An equal opportunity disease gets more funding.

Idiocy, I say.

Yes I have and that's why I specifically said hetero male (meaning no intravenous drug use, not bisexual and not gay on the "down low"(what some accuse Magic of))

Huh? I just explained to you how a "hetero male" can get HIV/AIDS. His partner can be the drug user.

The odds are 0.04% no matter what's going on. There are definitely biological and anatomical reasons why it's hard for hetero men to get HIV - you can look them up.

No, I'm not going to look them up. HIV virus is present in bodily secretions. Infected cells can pass through mucous membranes. While it is harder for a woman to infect a man, it is not impossible and it is downright stupid for a hetero man to think otherwise.

This sounds like a media contrived talking point.

No, it sounds like common sexual sense. Though I must admit many people obviously lack that.

0.04% per 10,000 exposures with an HIV infected partner. You can do the math. Stop promoting needless fear.
I am not promoting anything. Again, it's called common sense. Any man who has reckless unprotected sex can open himself up to STDs including HIV. Thinking that Magic is bisexual due to his HIV status is frankly stupid, and that was the main point of my post. Being homosexual doesn't equate to having HIV.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:34 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,001,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
....absolutely nothing!....
:d
Yep.

Great song, btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events