Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 02:20 PM

141 posts, read 116,166 times

Advertisements

UPS driver accused of slashing dogs with box cutter - National Dogs | Examiner.com

Why is he guilty until proven innocent? Dogs attack these delivery drivers all the time. He was almost certainly DEFENDING HIMSELF. Dogs are highly territorial and will attack people entering their property, yet these morons leave their dogs outside when they know the mailman/ups guy is delivering. It's a safety hazard. He could have lost use of his arm. These dogs have done serious damage to mail/package delivery people. Does anyone think he really went after two pitbulls with a box cutter "for fun" while on the job delivering a package. GIVE ME A BREAK! The driver should sue the owners. And why is the police investigating this guy and going to charge him with animal cruelty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 02:25 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
How do you know? The only thing it says in the article is that the dogs were in their yard that is surrounded by an invisible fence. That's it, not much more to go on. And do you really believe people DON'T attack animals for any reason? Please, it happens every day. Glad the dogs are going to be ok.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:26 PM

Our society has gone completely insane. We expect the delivery guy to get bitten to pieces and just take it. And mase is a joke compared to a box cutter. Not necessarily going to stop 2 raging pit bulls. Give me a break.

It's a sad state of affairs when a human is not even allowed to defend themselves against an attacking animals. Dogs are KNOWN to be territorial and the idiot owners don't contain them.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
How do you know? The only thing it says in the article is that the dogs were in their yard that is surrounded by an invisible fence. That's it, not much more to go on. And do you really believe people DON'T attack animals for any reason? Please, it happens every day. Glad the dogs are going to be ok.
How do I know.....it's innocent until proven guilty. Not other way around.

Yeah, it's usually teenagers and it's usually against defenseless animals. Not a guy WORKING trying to deliver a package with two pit bulls. Talk to anyone who has done package delivery. Getting bitten is part of the job and should NOT be. IDIOT dog owners.

That's going to get you hurt bad potentially going after 2 strange pitties with nothing but a box cutter. It's like trying to hunt a bear with a knife. Give me a break. Media is crucifying him and the lunatic fringe is talking about an "eye for an eye".

Old 06-17-2014, 02:34 PM

It's funny. What would happen if a cop had shot the dogs and KILLED THEM? NOTHING. But a poor package delivery driver trying to make a buck uses NON LETHAL force and he's being crucified and probably fired.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:35 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtastic View Post
UAnd why is the police investigating this guy and going to charge him with animal cruelty?
they are pissed off that dogs were attacked and it wasn't by one of them.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:42 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
While it’s not the best thing to hear that a person harmed someone’s animals, it’s easy to understand that the UPS deliveryman was doing his job of delivering to the address. I don’t believe anyone in his occupation wants to harm someone’s dog/s. However if the dogs got close enough to (and appeared to attack him) I can see him protecting himself with the box cutter. It’s the responsibility of the dogs owner to keep them from harming others who are coming onto their property as part of their job. I hope the dogs are recovering ok but this is a lesson for the owner. If it wasn’t a deliveryman coming onto the property it could have been a small child playing in the area and entering the yard not being aware of the invisible fence and being attacked by the dogs. Children playing ball don’t always know they shouldn’t enter a yard to retrieve a runaway ball. Reminds me of a news story about the little girl at KFC who was attacked by a dog/s and was told to leave KFC after a customer complained. Pet owners need to control their pets at all times. I don’t blame the dogs and I don’t blame the UPS guy, however the pet owner needs to think things through a little more when allowing his dogs to be out.

IMO

Old 06-17-2014, 02:46 PM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
I do think it needs to be investigated, you never know if the guy has a problem with dogs. One Summer I was a casual carrier for the post office and we all carried dog repellent. You never knew when going house to house if a dog was in the yard and if that dog was friendly. I had a few scary moments but never had to use the spray. One of the full time carriers who didn't like dogs did use his spray if one got too close regardless if it was being agressive or not. Of course this was well before people would even think to sue the US government if FIFI got sprayed by the mailman.
I love animals but if 2 pitbulls were coming at me I would be scared and do anything not to be bitten.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:50 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I think its strange to have the inclination to believe that the UPS guy just was in the mood to start slashing some innocent dogs.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I think its strange to have the inclination to believe that the UPS guy just was in the mood to start slashing some innocent dogs.
Yeah...really and on top of it, while ON the job. And he chooses two pit bulls? Animal abusers are cowards and usually choose the easiest target, like a spaniel or pug or a cat.(dog fighting stuff is in a different category. Don't confuse that with your average animal abuser who cuts heads off of cats/rabbits/small dogs to get his rocks off).
If he had cut up a yorkie with a box cutter, I'd have an issue. A pitt bull has MAN KILLING power. How many people have these dogs killed and all he uses is a box cutter? If I was armed, I would have wanted a gun. Forget going after the dog with nothing but a box cutter.

I really don't see a uniformed ups driver chasing two pitt bulls around a yard in broad daylight trying to cut them up with a box cutter for ****s and giggles. In fact, it's completely laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events