Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 03:49 PM

31,039 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Another Hero cat

Pet Cat Saves Boy from Two Vicious GATORS -Cat vs Gator (original) - YouTube

A not so nice kitty. A house cat can be a powerful creature:

Stray cat attacks animal control officer - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 06:39 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Unless you have two handles, which is a TOS violation, I didn't tell you anything. I didn't say it was inappropriate.
Hammertime33's remark:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33
How is this political or otherwise controversial?
Your response:

Quote:
It's neither, which is why it is appropriate for this forum have you read the sticky?
Your response above CLEARLY states you consider my thread INAPPROPRIATE for P&OC.

And YES ... you first told me it's inappropriate for P&OC ... and then the exact same post, you included a CONTROVERSIAL remark!

Quote:
And finally, while my response may be controversial, the thread topic is not.

Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post.

indeed.
Yes your response WAS controversial. Glad we agree!

And SO IS allowing a dog to run free in a residential neighborhood.

Some dog owners may agree ... and some may not. Hence the controversy!

Which is why I believe this thread should have remained in P&OC.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:48 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
I was first to post this video
Miracle Cat Saves Child
My post went totally ignored but for two replies
Simply wondering why my post was ignored but this post got so many replies, please don't read anything more into my question, only wanted to learn what I was doing wrong here...............
That's IT!
Sim
My guess is because this story has appeared in every forum here and has been on every TV show and newscast since it happened. I think it's called overkill. No pun intended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
Any info on the cat?

Who is she? he?

Has she? he? done heroic things before?

Name? age? breed?

Who are the owners?
They've been interviewed ad infinitum

Old 05-16-2014, 07:55 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,359,565 times
I certainly hope that the owners of the dog learn a valuable lesson: keep your dogs on a leash, OR otherwise locked securely in a yard. We have to remember they are animals and not logical, the poor thing will probably be put down now because of stupid human owners.

And +1 for the cat!

Old 05-16-2014, 09:11 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
I certainly hope that the owners of the dog learn a valuable lesson: keep your dogs on a leash, OR otherwise locked securely in a yard. We have to remember they are animals and not logical, the poor thing will probably be put down now because of stupid human owners.

And +1 for the cat!
The dog was already put down.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:41 PM

774 posts, read 906,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post

And +1 for the cat!
Maybe I'm wrong but I guess its often just instinct when it comes to animals. They usually don't learn to be mean or to be protective, they can't think it through, they just react with what they have inside of them.

When I was a kid, I knew a nice dog. One day I teased the dog so much he started chasing me, I sure learned not to tease dogs but I feared them afterwards. a big overreaction.

I guess Duke's instinct told him "Whoa! Too much" when I wouldn't let up. I don't blame him.

Duke was nice enough to not catch me when I started running as fast as I could.

Some individual dogs make great pets, will be loyal, protective, sympathetic. That dog had a generalized attack instinct way beyond defense and shouldn't have been a house pet, the heroic cat has the instinct to protect and defend.

Last edited by Simtropico; 05-16-2014 at 10:31 PM..

Old 05-17-2014, 04:31 AM

1,669 posts, read 2,243,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
You must have missed it:

1.The mother "may" have been a racist. Did you see any minorities included in the story?!!?
2. Clearly, we need more government regulations for dogs.
3. Mother probably had to drive out of county for boy's stitches, since due to Obamacare, many hospitals are now out of network.
4. That white SUV in the driveway is a gas guzzler. (Can't you hear the hole in the ozone ripping wider!!?)
5. If we had lower taxes, the dog owners could afford a fence In their yard.
6. And somehow, of course, it was totally Bush's fault.
7. Thanks a lot, Obama!

Old 05-17-2014, 08:08 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,227,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Hammertime33's remark:

Your response:

Your response above CLEARLY states you consider my thread INAPPROPRIATE for P&OC.

And YES ... you first told me it's inappropriate for P&OC ... and then the exact same post, you included a CONTROVERSIAL remark!

Yes your response WAS controversial. Glad we agree!

And SO IS allowing a dog to run free in a residential neighborhood.

Some dog owners may agree ... and some may not. Hence the controversy!

Which is why I believe this thread should have remained in P&OC.
Apparently the thread was moved from another forum, which nullifies any comments made with that not in mind.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Did anyone mention how NOT like a lab-chow this dog looked? Did the word "pit" come up yet? Oh yes, reading along I see it was mentioned. That dog grabbed his leg to get him off the bike. It would have taken a second for him to grab his throat, especially with the kit crying.

The mother was right there. It happened fast. She didn't even know the cat did that until her husband showed her the video. SUPERCAT!

That's my favorite cat of all times. He body slammed that mongrel.
Corporal punishment.

I'm surprised some people aren't asking for the cat to be euthanized for using corporal punishment to solve a behavior problem.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
My cats used to break up tiffs between my two female dogs.

They'd jump right in, claws out, hissing. Broke up the dog fight pretty quickly!
Yes, cats aren't exactly pacifists -- there was a dog who would come into our yard and try to get the cats, the cats would have to run up trees. One day our dogs got into a fight with this trespassing dog and the cat jumped into the fight. She meant to get her revenge on that dog -- but was smart enough to know she couldn't do it alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events