U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 08:24 AM

3,107 posts, read 8,039,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The teacher lost her cool.

Why is anyone surprised? Children are no longer disciplined. They no longer respect parents and teachers. This stuff has been a long time coming, but anyone with half a brain knew it would happen.

I'm not singling out this particular kid and teacher. In this case, the teacher's explanation makes sense to me. The kid was just plain being disobedient and disrespectful. He thought he was being cute. He needed to be disciplined. Obviously, his parents are too ignorant to know that responsibility lies with them.

The teacher didn't harm the kid. Maybe his widdle bitty feewings were hurt. Poor thing. He needs to straighten up and fly right.

So now teachers aren't allowed to touch kids!

Oh, the drama!!!
I'm not discounting that this child may have been having persistent behavioral issues but as an adult and a teacher, she is suppose to have some self-control and self-discipline. She displayed neither.

If teachers have a problem with a students at my kids' school, one of the APs or the Principal personally comes to the classroom and removes the child to spend time in their offices rather than further disrupt teaching.

I volunteer at my kids' school and am there for hours at a time, almost daily. There are some kids I'd love to throw up against a wall and rip into for their lack of respect (and I know teachers feel the same way) but you don't act on those thoughts in that manner.

She admits to having had it with this kid - instead of manhandling a 6-year old, she should have sent for an AP or the principal. Stupid to do what she did and in full view of surveillance cameras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 08:34 PM

15,237 posts, read 23,800,738 times
Quote:
The teacher lost her cool.

Why is anyone surprised? Children are no longer disciplined. They no longer respect parents and teachers. This stuff has been a long time coming, but anyone with half a brain knew it would happen.

I'm not singling out this particular kid and teacher. In this case, the teacher's explanation makes sense to me. The kid was just plain being disobedient and disrespectful. He thought he was being cute. He needed to be disciplined. Obviously, his parents are too ignorant to know that responsibility lies with them.

The teacher didn't harm the kid. Maybe his widdle bitty feewings were hurt. Poor thing. He needs to straighten up and fly right.

So now teachers aren't allowed to touch kids!

Oh, the drama!!!

I'm sorry, but as a parent, I don't agree with you.

The teacher is an adult, and should know better. She did the wrong thing. She should have sent the child to the principals office, or had the principal call the parents and have the child removed from her class.

Did the child probably tick her off where she probably wanted to smack his little face, absolutely, I totally get that, and would probably want to do the same.....but as an adult, I know I am not allowed to hit another child, as I would also not want another adult to hit mine....

and NO, teachers are NOT allowed to touch kids !!!

Last edited by nightcrawler; 05-17-2014 at 08:48 PM..

Old 05-18-2014, 11:46 AM

3,701 posts, read 4,001,116 times
If that were my 6 year old child, I would have had the matter taken care of quietly. That "teacher" would no longer have the physical ability to return to the classroom. Ever.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:25 PM

9,371 posts, read 17,510,168 times
Ten day suspension? That's it? This pig should be fired and never allowed to teach little children again.

Contrast this with the story of the teacher who was shoved to the floor by a high school student in Houston, this pig should have been shoved to the floor. Good thing there are cameras or else incidents like this go unchecked. Granted, teachers in my grade schools did much worse, but that doesn't make it any less unacceptable.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:29 PM

13,141 posts, read 17,686,977 times
my dad used to say boy you can tell the kids who get their behinds torn up and the ones who don't and more so today than ever before and it is the governments fault because they tell the parents you cant swat your kids behind with a belt or strap and granted that child needs to learn discipline and so do his parents need to learn how to apply to him .

Old 05-18-2014, 06:53 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,897,522 times
Quote:
Get real. He is six years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
my dad used to say boy you can tell the kids who get their behinds torn up and the ones who don't and more so today than ever before and it is the governments fault because they tell the parents you cant swat your kids behind with a belt or strap and granted that child needs to learn discipline and so do his parents need to learn how to apply to him .
Still wrong. Why are you posting this in every thread now?

Old 05-18-2014, 07:11 PM

9,018 posts, read 7,961,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Nothing warrants a teacher manhandling a 6 year old the way this teacher did.

Teacher caught on video grabbing kindergartner by face - Toledo News Now, Breaking News, Weather, Sports, Toledo
Oh Hell no. This fat pig of a so called teacher needs her a$$ kicked by an adult a.s.a.p.
I volunteer my services, free of charge, of course....
I'd teach that piece of crap a lesson she never forgets.....
Btw, I've got a Helluva punch

Last edited by believe007; 05-18-2014 at 07:41 PM..

Old 05-19-2014, 07:10 PM

4,721 posts, read 4,293,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
If that were my 6 year old child, I would have had the matter taken care of quietly. That "teacher" would no longer have the physical ability to return to the classroom. Ever.
And then your child would no longer have you at home to parent him, because you would be in jail. I don't think that would teach your child an effective way to handle bad things in life. Instead she needs to lose her job and not be allowed to work with children again.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:38 AM

3,701 posts, read 4,001,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
And then your child would no longer have you at home to parent him, because you would be in jail. I don't think that would teach your child an effective way to handle bad things in life. Instead she needs to lose her job and not be allowed to work with children again.
No, I wouldn't be in jail. When I said "quietly", I meant just that. There would be no need for my child to know that I was involved.

Edited to add that she needs more than to lose her job. She needs to be prosecuted, behind bars, and her name added to the list of child abusers.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:50 AM

15,237 posts, read 23,800,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
No, I wouldn't be in jail. When I said "quietly", I meant just that. There would be no need for my child to know that I was involved.

Edited to add that she needs more than to lose her job. She needs to be prosecuted, behind bars, and her name added to the list of child abusers.

LOL, apparantely the other poster didnt get you, i did.

I feel the same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or