Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 02:15 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,303,985 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, why save all the race-baiting for one thread? There are currently forums about two 12-year old non-black girls stabbing another, a non-black rich kid committing a drive by shooting at a college because he couldn't get laid, and a non-black deserter who his fellow soldiers believe cost the lives of others. You can explain to the families of the victims (or potential victims) that even though none of these heinous crimes involved a black guy, there is probably going to be a black guy with no father in the home killing another black guy with sagging pants in the ghetto of Chicago tonight. That ought to make the families of these victims feel much better about their loved ones!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/great-debates/2131010-two-12-year-old-gilrs-stabbed.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/current-events/2123925-another-campus-shooting-california-27.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/current-events/2129856-sgt-bowe-bergdahl-13.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 12:45 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
Hey guys, why save all the race-baiting for one thread? There are currently forums about two 12-year old non-black girls stabbing another, a non-black rich kid committing a drive by shooting at a college because he couldn't get laid, and a non-black deserter who his fellow soldiers believe cost the lives of others. You can explain to the families of the victims (or potential victims) that even though none of these heinous crimes involved a black guy, there is probably going to be a black guy with no father in the home killing another black guy with sagging pants in the ghetto of Chicago tonight. That ought to make the families of these victims feel much better about their loved ones!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/great-debates/2131010-two-12-year-old-gilrs-stabbed.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/current-events/2123925-another-campus-shooting-california-27.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/current-events/2129856-sgt-bowe-bergdahl-13.html
This is my take. I don't deny that nearly half of the murders in this nation are Black on Black. That's a moot point. Everyone knows that. However, just as you pointed out, race-baiting is quite common. Looking at the threads where non-Black persons commit murder, race is not an issue(unless there is a hate crime involved). However, whenever there is a Black person assaulting or killing someone, everything about race is brought up.

Consider alot of school shootings. Along the same line as how many murders committed by Blacks take place. It is often male, and the male who does it feels like he is "entitled" to something. It was the case with the UCSB shooting. Male felt slighted because he couldn't get any women, so he went on a stabbing, then a shooting.

Whenever someone who is Black commits a murder, it is looked at as "that's what Blacks do". Whenever it is someone who is White or non-Black, and especially someone who is middle class, it is looked at as "mentally ill" or "someone who got bullied" or "someone who wanted revenge".

Old 06-04-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
The teacher was in his way. What did you expect him to do? He has to defend his manhood.
I hope this was just sarcasm. I can't tell from behind the computer screen.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:41 PM

21,873 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
He was charged with injury to the elderly??!! WHAT!!! So if the teacher were not elderly, he would not have been charged, right? And some of you see jail time for him? How? Unless they throw some charges at him, I see no punishment at all for him. Some believe that parents should be charges in cases like this. I have a better idea, why not charge the school administrators, and put them in jail. After all, they had to have known about his violent tendencies, and they did nothing to protect the teacher.
No. That's what's called an aggravating circumstance.

Aggravating Circumstances | Nolo's Free Dictionary of Law Terms and Legal Definitions

Basically it's a harsher version with more severe penalties than simple assault and battery. Eg, just because somebody robs someone with a deadly weapon doesn't mean if they hadn't used a deadly weapon they wouldn't have been charged with anything. It just means they would have been charged with simple robbery.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:34 AM

609 posts, read 808,352 times
I think it's frightening that a 16 year old male would ever think of assaulting an elderly woman.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric351982 View Post
I think it's frightening that a 16 year old male would ever think of assaulting an elderly woman.
It does not surprise me at all. This kind of stuff happens more than you think.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:29 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric351982 View Post
Not to mention he is a big teen.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:19 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile;3486445[B
5]I would never be a teacher, never ever. I don't care if it's public or private school, suburbs or city, you could not pay me enough to be a teacher & sadly, these teachers aren't paid enough for what they put up with 5 days a week from both students AND parents.[/b] My parents would never excuse my behavior if I was an obnoxious brat, they would be the first to suggest any type of punishment, not like todays parents. And while some are probably nodding their heads & agreeing about soft parents, many of those same people are the very type of parents I'm talking about, guaranteed, lol.
I came to the same conclusion when I was in high school. I went to a school full of white rich kids. Spoiled brats who showed no respect for their teachers

It was not a problem in the advanced courses(AP, some Honor classes) but regular or basic classes were horrible. One of our English teachers ended up in the hospital because of the stress she was experiencing. Not all students were bad, just a few bullies but it was constant harassment. This teacher never came back, she had to be replaced. The lucky teachers were just ignored.

Mind you, this was more than 20 years ago. This is not new at all. It was obvious back then the teachers and the school were powerless. Substitute teachers were treated like crap also.

Yuck.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I came to the same conclusion when I was in high school. I went to a school full of white rich kids. Spoiled brats who showed no respect for their teachers

It was not a problem in the advanced courses(AP, some Honor classes) but regular or basic classes were horrible. One of our English teachers ended up in the hospital because of the stress she was experiencing. Not all students were bad, just a few bullies but it was constant harassment. This teacher never came back, she had to be replaced. The lucky teachers were just ignored.

Mind you, this was more than 20 years ago. This is not new at all. It was obvious back then the teachers and the school were powerless. Substitute teachers were treated like crap also.

Yuck.
If this keeps up, it might get to a point where students who actually want to learn will suffer. Without teachers, the students who have goals, who want to lean will suffer.

It is a pattern I notice. The kids who have nothing to lose are the ones who cause the most problems.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:41 PM

11 posts, read 7,634 times
Unfortunately, it is already at a point where the students who want to learn are suffering. It all started with the "No Child Left Behind" crap. It leaves every child behind.

This story is so much bigger than one incident. It showcases many of the problems with the culture in this country:
1. Our priorities are totally backwards, favoring physical strength over mental strength (read: sports over education) and the disproportionate wages our teachers make in contrast to what our athletes make. It's dreadful! At this point, we have a desperate need for the best of the best teachers. If we gave the education system the budget that sports teams have, we would be in a very different place.
2. Pain, anger, and fear due to generations of slavery, only a generation or two in our past, which, in the grand scheme of things, is just a tiny moment of time. Although it may seem distant to some, especially those in my generation (mid 20s), the wounds from that past are still open and festering. We may have outlawed slavery but the aftermath is almost more damaging. We have not made any progress in our hearts and minds; we are no more willing to accept something which is not "our own", on both sides.
3. A total lack of personal honor. We no longer strive to be the best we can be. We no longer value ourselves and the people around us. Instead we value our possessions and far distant people like celebrities and athletes. This totally skews our perspective on reality, our dreams and ambitions, and our relationships to the people that actually are physically here.
4. We have developed a habit of reading a single article, watching a single video, listening to a single individual (or viewpoint) and believe we know the truth. By thinking we know exactly what is going on, we have closed our minds to seeing the broader, grayer, much more complicated truths of any matter.

Of course, I don't mean any of these as absolutes. There are many amazing, selfless, forward thinking individuals in this country. They are not the masses unfortunately. The culture in this country needs a revolution. And if we are not careful with how we handle situations like this, these issues will be carried into many more generations than necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events