U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2014, 03:15 PM
 
28,411 posts, read 14,127,306 times
Reputation: 19545

Advertisements

The government of Sudan is planning to execute a woman who is 8 months pregnant because she is a Christian. Her 20-month-old son has been imprisoned with her.

State Dept. Won

Does anybody else find it odd that very little is in the press about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2014, 03:22 PM
 
12,043 posts, read 5,595,428 times
Reputation: 13572
No imminent execution for Christian in Sudan, despite death sentence - CNN.com
Senators try to save pregnant woman sentenced to death in Sudan - CBS News
Pregnant Woman Facing Execution in Sudan: 'I Am a Christian'
American describes seeing wife in shackles in Sudan on death row | Mail Online
Sudan judge sentences pregnant woman to death for renouncing Islam - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
In Sudan a Pregnant Woman May Be Hanged for Marrying a Christian - The Daily Beast#
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2014, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Cold Springs, NV
4,576 posts, read 9,076,201 times
Reputation: 4997
Really sad when a religion has to portray itself as a victim to make and excuse for its bigotry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2014, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Florida
19,655 posts, read 8,221,517 times
Reputation: 16088
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The government of Sudan is planning to execute a woman who is 8 months pregnant because she is a Christian. Her 20-month-old son has been imprisoned with her.

State Dept. Won

Does anybody else find it odd that very little is in the press about this?
I find it much odder that high profile Christian groups are not doing anything to protest it. Not even a peep from the Pope?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2014, 07:23 PM
 
Location: NJ
22,674 posts, read 28,559,598 times
Reputation: 14611
its just the tiny few that are crazies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2014, 07:25 PM
 
Location: In exile
534 posts, read 670,576 times
Reputation: 1384
Good example of what religion does and why it's fading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2014, 07:50 PM
 
Location: NJ
22,674 posts, read 28,559,598 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Good example of what religion does and why it's fading
government is whats doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2014, 10:28 PM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
Reputation: 17978
Story I read was the charge stemmed from her marrying a Christian. Perfect example of why we have separation of church and state to protect religion from state. Its the state with it established religion after all do this and it can be any belief called a religion even. We have seen in socialist states that do not allow religions many times in the past also. I won't call Hitler really religious and we saw what he did to Jews and even others he believe inferior by where they were born of whom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2014, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Cold Springs, NV
4,576 posts, read 9,076,201 times
Reputation: 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Story I read was the charge stemmed from her marrying a Christian. Perfect example of why we have separation of church and state to protect religion from state. Its the state with it established religion after all do this and it can be any belief called a religion even. We have seen in socialist states that do not allow religions many times in the past also. I won't call Hitler really religious and we saw what he did to Jews and even others he believe inferior by where they were born of whom.
Absolutely correct in the similarities to far right national socialist ideals of Nazism. While Hitler was not religious these Muslims in Sudan have placed themselves above others as a superior religion like Hitlers superior race ideal. Not much different than here where Christians claim their beliefs give right for them to hate others which isn't a documented ideal in Christianity. This type of bigotry will not end anytime soon, but at least we're making progress. Currently, a media network choses to victimize Christianity as a way to justify this hate. They use terms like the war on Christmas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2014, 07:11 AM
 
28,411 posts, read 14,127,306 times
Reputation: 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Really sad when a religion has to portray itself as a victim to make and excuse for its bigotry!
Can you please elaborate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top