Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 10:10 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times

Advertisements

Not many remaining in the woodwork when there's a post about Fox News. My only experience with it is if there is a national or international disaster, I tune to either Fox or some other news channel. Have never seen what brings on so many insults. If I don't like something, I avoid it. I wonder if Fox likes the publicity, no matter if it's negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 11:40 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
haha, I guess if you get a bunch of leftists talking amongst themselves you may draw that conclusion. if you look at the ratings, you would draw another conclusion.
I have looked at the ratings. They are really pretty meaningless. One tenth the number of people who watch a hockey game in Canada out of a population that is one tenth the USA is just pretty damn pathetic. Less than a million people in the entire broadcasting day is really zilch. Whatever the azzhats on Fox say is really meaningless and irrelevant. If the people who don't watch would just ignore their garbage they would soon die.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:18 PM

892 posts, read 1,500,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
There are crickets because in this country you are free to SAY whatever you want. Because actually punching a woman might be a crime, but talking about it isn't.

I'd think people like Don Imus, Donald Sterling, and Paula Deen would disagree.

Is it illegal? No. But people will still call for your head on a pike over it, and it's a pretty good way to potentially kiss a career goodbye...

Old 05-22-2014, 05:22 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
It kind of seems like we have a case of a democrat saying he smacked a woman and a liberal trying very hard to somehow make that in to a republican scandal.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:34 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,295,255 times
So a known right wing bias media has a token liberal who talks about punching women, and now all liberals like to punch women? If this meets a reasonable person standard for you then please bang your head against the wall until common sense arrives! For some of you this process may take quite some time.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:09 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
WUTWUT, Beckel just made a logic point.......if you have to defend yourself, DO IT.

HEY, if a Guurleee attacks me.......I will defend myself, up to and including deadly force if needed and justified.

Don't hit a Gurrrrrleeee, LMFAO.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:10 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
Thought Police??? Whatever....

It might not be a crime to talk about it BUT you know that today we can't just go around saying whatever we want without people going after us. How do we explain to our kids that this guy is on TV bragging about punching a woman????

I am just disgusted that this guy is parading around Fox News thinking it's funny to discuss punching a women in the face.

I would think there would be some group yelling about this guy. I guess it's acceptable or as 30 to 66 says "yawnable".

Beckel said he punched the woman in self-defense......he was getting bitten.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:12 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Last Thursday on Fox New's "The Five", Bob Beckel( one of the taking heads) was bragging about punching a women in the face. I tuned in on Friday just to see if anything was done about it and not a word was said.

Where are the women's groups? What about the war on women? What about calls for boycotting the advertisers? Or demands to cancel the show?

Someone can say they believe in traditional marriage and they dogs will come out gnawing and foaming at the mouth, demanding they be fired.

Now with the Fox News commentator bragging about beating a woman.....nothing is said?

Crickets from Fox News. I guess they must approve of this kind of thing. I would think punching a woman in the face is a felony assault crime.

Fox and their advertisers should be boycotted until this man is fired.
He's a leftie......or course he mistreats women.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:28 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
Quote:
Thought Police??? Whatever....

It might not be a crime to talk about it BUT you know that today we can't just go around saying whatever we want without people going after us. How do we explain to our kids that this guy is on TV bragging about punching a woman????

I am just disgusted that this guy is parading around Fox News thinking it's funny to discuss punching a women in the face.

I would think there would be some group yelling about this guy. I guess it's acceptable or as 30 to 66 says "yawnable".
Since I am a liberal Democrat, my first thought is that Fox hasn't done anything because they want people to think that we (liberals) are all like their "token". I'm not familiar with this man, and I don't watch Fox News, and this is just my opinion.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:42 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Last Thursday on Fox New's "The Five", Bob Beckel( one of the taking heads) was bragging about punching a women in the face. I tuned in on Friday just to see if anything was done about it and not a word was said.

Where are the women's groups? What about the war on women? What about calls for boycotting the advertisers? Or demands to cancel the show?

Someone can say they believe in traditional marriage and they dogs will come out gnawing and foaming at the mouth, demanding they be fired.

Now with the Fox News commentator bragging about beating a woman.....nothing is said?

Crickets from Fox News. I guess they must approve of this kind of thing. I would think punching a woman in the face is a felony assault crime.

Fox and their advertisers should be boycotted until this man is fired.

uhm Bob Beckel is the shows Democrat / Liberal. He also calls woman broads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events