Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 10:44 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,866,443 times

Advertisements

Restaurant employees assaulted during armed robbery | abc11.com

Quote:
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police are searching for three suspects involved in an armed robbery at Durham's newly-opened barbecue restaurant, The Pit, at 321 W. Geer Street.

Authorities said just before 9 p.m. Sunday, three men wearing hoodies entered the restaurant through the back doors with pistols, and forced several staff members to lie on the floor.

The bandits assaulted two employees during the crime, but they were not seriously injured.

"They're doing great," restaurant owner Greg Hatem said. "One of them actually went to the hospital and was released. They took a good look at him, he's fine."

Hatem also said there were a few patrons in the dining room while the robbery was happening in the kitchen area. Workers were able to ask them to leave, and got them out safely through the front door.

"We're offering $2,000 for the arrest and conviction of these guys," Hatem said. "We take this very seriously. We want to make sure our guests and our staff are taken care of."

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.

Liberal Logic: Durham BBQ With "No Guns Allowed" Sign Robbed at Gunpoint - YouTube

Anybody here know these guys??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 06:37 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,242,493 times
Did I miss something? Neither the article nor the video mentioned anything about a sign.

Even if there were a sign, so what? It's a business owner's prerogative to not allow patrons to bring guns into their establishment. Does that mean they believe that a gun will never be forcibly used against them in the restaurant? Of course not. We all know that sh*t like this happens. It's no surprise in Durham, to be honest. Doesn't mean that people will automatically start believing that everyone arming themselves is the answer.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:41 AM

4,620 posts, read 12,240,221 times
If we have more guns this will be less likely too happen.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:20 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,164,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Doesn't mean that people will automatically start believing that everyone arming themselves is the answer.
It is so much easier to say this when YOU weren't there. So you really prefer to sit in a restaurant where no one is allowed to carry while it is being assaulted by a gun man? You don't even want the chance?

Old 05-23-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
It is so much easier to say this when YOU weren't there. So you really prefer to sit in a restaurant where no one is allowed to carry while it is being assaulted by a gun man? You don't even want the chance?
You assume that I've never been in a situation that involves guns. I still don't want to carry and don't want to be around them.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:32 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,628,602 times
Quote:
You assume that I've never been in a situation that involves guns. I still don't want to carry and don't want to be around them.
Seems to be a very correct assumption given your stance on the matter. The people who hate guns and want to ban them are the first to latch onto SWAT and police officers, screaming and begging to be saved, when sh** actually goes down around them.

Up until that point they are convinced guns are evil and of no use. How quickly that changes.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
I disagree. I believe if we have more guns, we're going to see more violence.

The pro-gun crowd thinks that all gun owners will be these perfectly well behaved citizens who wouldn't dream of drawing unless their life were in danger. How about the retired cop who shot and killed a man because he was assaulted with popcorn?

I think what we'll see an increase of is people falsely claiming that they felt their life was in danger so they can justify the results of their short temper.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Seems to be a very correct assumption given your stance on the matter.
No, it's in fact a very INCORRECT assumption. But, you know what they say about ASSuming.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:35 AM

4,620 posts, read 12,240,221 times
Quote:
I disagree. I believe if we have more guns, we're going to see more violence.

The pro-gun crowd thinks that all gun owners will be these perfectly well behaved citizens who wouldn't dream of drawing unless their life were in danger. How about the retired cop who shot and killed a man because he was assaulted with popcorn?

I think what we'll see an increase of is people falsely claiming that they felt their life was in danger so they can justify the results of their short temper.
I was being sarcastic, but point well made. More guns is like justifying rape, because of a short skirt.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:39 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,324,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Sorry that's an opinion, not a fact.

NC has the same amount of people as NJ. roughly 9-10M

NC has CCW and also open carry.

NJ has strict gun laws and very few CCW permits.

NC has more violent crime per 100K than NJ, that is a fact.

I am not anti gun, I have a CCW permit and I live in NC but I am just stating facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events