U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 12:15 PM

33,060 posts, read 12,557,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Obama did resign from the Illinois senate......just like Palin resigned.

You appeared in an earlier post to have a problem with Palin resigning.

Obama resigns Senate seat effective Sunday | Reuters
President Obama resigned from the Illinois Senate in November 2004 following his election to the U.S. Senate.

Governor Palin resigned being governor of Alaska citing ethics investigations and a desire to avoid being a lame duck governor.

Two entirely different circumstances. Obama could hardly continue as an Illinois state senator once he started serving as a U.S. senator. Palin could have fulfilled her term but decided not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 12:23 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,289,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
President Obama resigned from the Illinois Senate in November 2004 following his election to the U.S. Senate.

Governor Palin resigned being governor of Alaska citing ethics investigations and a desire to avoid being a lame duck governor.

Two entirely different circumstances. Obama could hardly continue as an Illinois state senator once he started serving as a U.S. senator. Palin could have fulfilled her term but decided not to.
I do not disagree......yet, it is still resigning.

Palin did what she felt was best for her and Alaska.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:06 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,099,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I do not disagree......yet, it is still resigning.

Palin did what she felt was best for her and Alaska.
This makes no sense at all.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Why??

Old 05-24-2014, 01:17 PM

769 posts, read 891,737 times
Quote:
Easy, Palin did what she thought was best for Alaska, it is called ethics, where you put others above yourself, something a liberal cannot understand.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:35 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,099,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
Easy, Palin did what she thought was best for Alaska, it is called ethics, where you put others above yourself, something a liberal cannot understand.
Palin sold out for money and is clearly proven by her actions. To use her name, and ethics in the same sentence is pretty funny. She's a kinda cute trash talking divisive political pundit. No more, no less.

I'm sure this old Carpenter spelled something wrong too. I think it's funny how political sheeple use the term liberal in a derogatory manner. You don't know me, or how I vote or feel about issues, but run right for your label, because I refuse to watch Fox news, or any cable news for that matter.

Not everyone follows a single political party. Some actually can think for themselves. Just to give you an idea, I admire Jan Brewer. However, I also respect labor and it's time for a minimum wage increase.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Palin sold out for money and is clearly proven by her actions. To use her name, and ethics in the same sentence is pretty funny. She's a kinda cute trash talking divisive political pundit. No more, no less.

I'm sure this old Carpenter spelled something wrong too. I think it's funny how political sheeple use the term liberal in a derogatory manner. You don't know me, or how I vote or feel about issues, but run right for your label, because I refuse to watch Fox news, or any cable news for that matter.

Not everyone follows a single political party. Some actually can think for themselves. Just to give you an idea, I admire Jan Brewer. However, I also respect labor and it's time for a minimum wage increase.
Then it is Palin's success that bothers you.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:40 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,461,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post

Oh, so that is why she did Reality TV.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Oh, so that is why she did Reality TV.
I missed that.....what time and channel???

Old 05-24-2014, 01:45 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,461,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post

Saw a Automatized Hamburger system on the news. Reduces the FastFood place to 2-3 people per store/Shift.

One to assist the customer at the kiosk, One to feed "Food" into the machine, Drive Thru is done thru a App, you just drive up the to window, they hand the bag out, (Pre-Paid).

one to fix it as needed (Roving between many stores). They said each store would have two system.
That is going to occur, and raising labor costs increases how fast it pays for itself, which speeds up WHEN it happens.

Corporate Capital Expenditures are all about what meets the payback period limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events