U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 12:46 PM

18,677 posts, read 17,063,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I missed that.....what time and channel???
It was a few years ago. I don't watch Reality TV, but I saw the commercials for it. She was just another Snooki.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 12:48 PM

24,843 posts, read 32,389,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
It was a few years ago. I don't watch Reality TV, but I saw the commercials for it. She was just another Snooki.
Any links???

I know her daughter was....I just do not believe anything to do with her resigning from office was ever a reality program.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:52 PM

4,575 posts, read 9,642,943 times
Quote:
I missed that.....what time and channel???
Sarah Palin's Alaska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-24-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
I was thinking Honey Boo Boo!

Old 05-24-2014, 12:53 PM

18,677 posts, read 17,063,175 times
Quote:
Any links???

I know her daughter was....I just do not believe anything to do with her resigning from office was ever a reality program.
I do think it was more about aborting her legal troubles to come regarding unethical behavior as the governor.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I do think it was more about aborting her legal troubles to come regarding unethical behavior as the governor.
Then you will be able to find links.....I'll wait.

I hope you are not thinking about the outdoor show on TLC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin's_Alaska

Old 05-24-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Then you will be able to find links.....I'll wait.

I hope you are not thinking about the outdoor show on TLC.

Sarah Palin's Alaska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This was the best part.

At the conclusion of the series, long time Alaska resident and author Nick Jans commented that the show made clear Palin's actual unfamiliarity with the outdoor Alaskan lifestyle, observing that most of the supposed adventures on which Palin and her family embarked were "guided trips aimed at mass market tourists ... requiring no skills beyond a pulse and the ability to open your wallet".

Old 05-24-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
This was the best part.

At the conclusion of the series, long time Alaska resident and author Nick Jans commented that the show made clear Palin's actual unfamiliarity with the outdoor Alaskan lifestyle, observing that most of the supposed adventures on which Palin and her family embarked were "guided trips aimed at mass market tourists ... requiring no skills beyond a pulse and the ability to open your wallet".
I would have to disagree with that.

Years back my husband was hunting with Todd....and yes it was though an outfitter....but, that does not make it anywhere near a tourists trip.

My husband had a hunting accident....Todd was kind enough to not finish his hunt and ride in the helicopter with my husband to the hospital.

Sarah was kind enough to check on my husband and call me every day until I got up there.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:32 PM

BTW....what an outfitter does is handle getting any licenses needed....provide lodging and food......some transportation.

They do not guarantee safety......hunting is not for the weak.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:36 PM

38,135 posts, read 14,902,572 times
Quote:
I would have to disagree with that.

Years back my husband was hunting with Todd....and yes it was though an outfitter....but, that does not make it anywhere near a tourists trip.

My husband had a hunting accident....Todd was kind enough to not finish his hunt and ride in the helicopter with my husband to the hospital.

Sarah was kind enough to check on my husband and call me every day until I got up there.
Sarah and Todd Palin were kind to your husband and you and that speaks well of them.

Not to disparage your husband's experience, but going out with outfitters and fishing guides is what tourists do in Alaska.

I did see several segments of Ms. Palin's show as I lived in Alaska for a number of years and always enjoy seeing the place. It was clear that Ms. Palin was not used to shooting a rifle. Later, someone said that the sight was off not her aim. That could have been the problem. But she put her finger on the trigger right after someone handed her the rifle, always a poor idea, and asked silly questions like, "Does it kick?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events