U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 03:52 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,145,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, cops can't defend themselves with guns?

How about the military? Should we disarm the soldiers since they can't, according to you, defend themselves with guns?

Those cops were ambushed.

Should I post a link to the definition of that word?
You asked if victims had guns, and I pointed out two that did. Tell me why they're dead if having guns to defend yourself helps? Simple premise, and you made the claim. I never said to disarm anyone who is legal to have a firearm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 04:11 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,303,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
You asked if victims had guns, and I pointed out two that did. Tell me why they're dead if having guns to defend yourself helps? Simple premise, and you made the claim. I never said to disarm anyone who is legal to have a firearm.
Better get rid of hospitals and doctors since people die in hospitals every day.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Better get rid of hospitals and doctors since people die in hospitals every day.
How does this statement pertain to reforming liberal gun laws that allow sales to mentally ill, and felons?

Old 06-09-2014, 04:56 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,407,851 times
Bwahahah still it goes on....gun control isn't gun BANISHMENT it's about making sure people are sane, trained, observant of the laws....just like a driving licence.

100 years ago the ax was the massacre weapon of choice because everyone had axes!!!!!!!

It's a no brainer. You can't make crazy illegal but you can prevent them getting guns and ammunition at the corner store.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:47 PM

14,143 posts, read 13,722,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
gun control isn't gun BANISHMENT it's about making sure people are sane, trained, observant of the laws....just like a driving licence. It's a no brainer. You can't make crazy illegal but you can prevent them getting guns and ammunition at the corner store.
Could we frame this post? Sums up the entire issue.

(Couldn't rep you again.)

Old 06-09-2014, 07:37 PM

14,143 posts, read 13,722,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
How about assault on about 4 separate occasions? One incident, nearly a year ago, finally drew police attention:
Pushing those people off the ledge at the July, 2013 party he attended--from your Washington Post link--was his single occasion of violence, and apparently he was never booked for that. (He had already bought two of his weapons by then.)

Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 PM

3,186 posts, read 2,786,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Pushing those people off the ledge at the July, 2013 party he attended--from your Washington Post link--was his single occasion of violence, and apparently he was never booked for that.
Keep digging. That was Elliot Rodger's one run-in with the cops, not his only assault.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:22 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,426,145 times
Quote:
Epic fail.
Actually, it is a liberal ideal to allow firearms to be sold to criminals as is currently allowed! The car is just another of a long list of excuses to not address this liberal issue.
Then enforce federal gun laws.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Then enforce federal gun laws.
I agree, and start by requiring background checks at all gun shows, and holding straw purchasers responsible for weapons used in crimes. Oh, this is not part of federal law, because the nra lobbies against this. Back to the status quo where guns are legally funneled to criminal with laws setup to no document it.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:54 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,426,145 times
Quote:
I agree, and start by requiring background checks at all gun shows, and holding straw purchasers responsible for weapons used in crimes. Oh, this is not part of federal law, because the nra lobbies against this. Back to the status quo where guns are legally funneled to criminal with laws setup to no document it.
Oh please, this is already in law in Virginia:

'Straw man' gun laws already on books, rarely enforced | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events