U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 03:59 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,134,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Interesting how there's always an excuse for not doing anything. I think it's criminal that we sell firearms to convicted felons in 33 states, and according to the ATF is the 2nd greatest transfer. You're probably right that I'm just stupid though to think something is wrong here.
hmm, have any of these campus shootings been committed by convicted felons? Didn't think so.

I'm not brushed up on my knowledge about selling of guns to convicted felons, but you have to look at what kind of conviction. Not all are created equal, someone gets busted with a gram of pot and gets a felony sentence, is it really just to bar him from owning a gun for the rest of his life, if he is otherwise law abiding and not violent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 04:01 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,532,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
How are you rich white drive a beamer live in LA and can't get any?
Especially since that Sterling guy had no trouble picking up women for sex.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:03 PM

30,549 posts, read 33,376,257 times
The family has said this kid had Asperger and was in therapy. Not for nothing I call out a lot of people on the forums with my own armchair diagnoisis of Asperger. I know of someone IRL who posted online a lot and know it can be an outlet of sorts.

It could be a combination of many things on top of that. Social disassociation leads to many issues.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Who says that? People with low self esteem and no sense of self-worth. This kid obviously has some very deep-seated emotional issues. Why didn't his parents recognize them before tragedy struck? Probably because they were too caught up in their own lives and only knew how to buy love, not show love.

In every one of these mass shootings, there is always early evidence that something wasn't quite right with the suspect. "He was a loner, he kept to himself, he had no friends." No, everybody who fits that description doesn't become a mass killer. But nearly every mass killer fits that description.
I have a feeling the parents noticed something wasn't right but he got misdiagnosed as "Asperger's autism" which is a status symbol diagnosis and people accept that one, but might not accept something like paranoid schizophrenic. So he was probably drugged up with the completely wrong drugs for his condition.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Another example of mental health failure that dates back to the Reagan cuts. We should have this identified at a young age.
Yeah right --- in reality he was a very spoiled rich kid brat -- parents bought him a nice BMW and were wealthy -- he had the best medical care -- I'd like to see the list of drugs he was taking.

He was diagnosed with Aspergers autism.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:07 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,134,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
All keep to themselves quiet loner awkward people need to be locked up for societies protection.
Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Go stand in the corner and think about what you just said. Might as well go round up all the tattooed gangster-looking young black men and lock them up, since their "kind" are responsible for so much violence and crime. Doesn't matter that they haven't done anything...right?

Old 05-24-2014, 04:14 PM

4,752 posts, read 6,504,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yeah right --- in reality he was a very spoiled rich kid brat -- parents bought him a nice BMW and were wealthy -- he had the best medical care -- I'd like to see the list of drugs he was taking.

He was diagnosed with Aspergers
autism.
Can you provide a source for this? I haven't seen an article about this yet.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:20 PM

17,086 posts, read 9,821,832 times
The young man in those videos did not appear to be suffering from paranoid schizophrenia or Asperger's syndrome. Granted, I'm not a licensed mental health professional, but to me it looked more like what I understand as narcissistic personality disorder.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:22 PM

55,579 posts, read 74,469,498 times
i liked the hunger games and its been good for bow and arrow sales, but i am concerned that anybody would be so influenced to go on a murder rampage bek of a movie.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Can you provide a source for this? I haven't seen an article about this yet.
NBC News - Breaking News & Top Stories - Latest World, US & Local News

Peter Rodgers' attorney told NBC News that Elliot Rodger lived with a form of Asperger syndrome, a disorder on the autism spectrum. There is no known link between Asperger's and violent behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events