U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:24 AM

25,332 posts, read 16,279,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post
As a Vet I sympathize with this young man.

Unfortunately, I think Lonford is correct. The Marine made a serious mistake.

I heard his interview the other day and he sounded okay... maybe I only heard part of it, but he did not mention beatings in the part that I heard. Again, I might have missed a part. Being in there for two months, I'd guess he would have some bad run-ins with the guards. We need to hear the full story...

Please stop comparing this young man to Mexicans coming over illegally. Face it, they are coming over to work... Mexico is a crap hole (well, not all... there are some good parts)... I'd risk drowning and dying in the desert to leave that place as well. The (average) worse we have over here is 2000% better than the (average) worse there is over there. You cheapen the argument talking about illegals... and not all those illegals are Mexicans.

I don't think we know the full story.... if it is out there, no one is really saying. Our gov't is working, but not saying much.

His day before the judge is the 4th of June... it should have been sooner, but there is some mess with him and his attorney... attorney wanted him to lie and then the Mexican newspapers got ahold of that story. Of course, people are trying to turn it around since the lawyer was on a State dept (I believe) list... people don't know how those things work... many thousand blue moons ago I had to update a similar list.

This is a mess... feel bad for him.

Keep doing what you are doing though... it helps. I would tone down the theatrics though.
I agree with you, there is no comparison between this Marine and criminal aliens. He made a mistake and was honest about it, simply wanting to leave Mexico and return home once he discovered it. Criminal aliens commit crimes and profit from them for years or decades, and are nearly never held accountable.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:27 AM

25,332 posts, read 16,279,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
He is in no way innocent- he went across the border with weapons- what would we do if someone from Mexico drove across into San Diego with a truck full of weapons? Treat him like royalty?
We treat criminals crossing the border like criminals all the time. Why didn't Mexico offer him free health care, education, a driver's licensce and put up a US flag to celebrate?

Old 08-08-2014, 10:03 AM

3,730 posts, read 3,679,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We treat criminals crossing the border like criminals all the time. Why didn't Mexico offer him free health care, education, a driver's licensce and put up a US flag to celebrate?
What? Nothing to do with the topic.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:54 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,944,907 times
Maybe a little off the basic posts here but I have crossed that "Invisible" border line separating San Ysidro and TJ having been living in Mexico for 21yrs.

Do think that there should be a "buffer zone" of so many yards towards each country from that "invisible" border line to eliminate such things as what has happened with the Marine.

He or any other person could be in a "bind" and unable to make a U TURN.

Think that would save both countries a unfortunate headache.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or