U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 05:50 AM

1,136 posts, read 1,427,866 times

Advertisements

WOW... so many America haters here... and absolutely no reading skills... Why don't you folks spent some time in a foreign country, then tell me how bad live is .....

Old 05-31-2014, 06:32 AM

597 posts, read 898,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Actually he was already in Tijuana with his girlfriend in a hotel, then walked back over the border the next day to get his truck and then crossed back over the border to Mexico with his guns! You, a lot of other Faux news watchers and the OP got totally taken in by this story. As I said a few posts ago the whole story did not add up. It is starting to now. Sounds like another idiot who shouldn't possess weapons and should probably suffer the consequences of his actions. I was down there a few days ago and you couldn't possibly just accidentally end up in Mexico with a truck full of guns and ammo- especially after having just entered it and having seen all the warning signs about the consequences of entering Mexico with guns!.

Where are you getting your facts from? He broke up with his girlfriend in Florida and the hotel he had checked into, he checked out of because once he looked around, it looked shady.

Also, there are photo's (I guess you missed those) that showed the construction being done the day he crossed over the border and all there was, was a small cardboard sign leaning up against a temporary wall. Once this happened, they put put a big flashing light sign. So the sign YOU saw when you were there just recently was NOT the cardboard one he saw.

Your comment " he had a truck full of guns" shows you are just trying to exploit the gun issue.

Please get your facts straight before posting.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:36 AM

597 posts, read 898,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I'm as amazed as you are, this is a huge news story that has been covered extensively for over two months now, and if these ignorant posters had a clue they would know this kid is completely innocent and being abused my a corrupt Mexican government.
No one is interested in getting the facts, they take it out on the kid. He had been in Mexico all day, and when he walked back to the US where his truck was parked, he made a wrong turn in an unmarked construction zone that had no signs posted, and ended back at the border. When he realized where he was he told them he took a wrong turn and wanted to go back. Instead they called the military and arrested him. He was stripped naked and ties to a bed when he is beaten servery on a daily basis.
He had guns in the truck because he was moving to San Diego and had everything he owned in the back.
You people should all learn the facts before making complete fools of yourselves. Doesn't anyone ever follow the news?
Ignorance like that is the reason we have a communist in the White House, people are clueless about what goes on around them..
You are right, this is exactly why this country is in the shape it is. People hear non-sense on MSNBC and then get on these message boards and spew their made up stories.

Last night his roommate in San Diego was on TV and said the reason the guns were in the truck was because the roommate had 2 little kids and they didn't want the guns around the kids. So he left them in the back of his truck with all of his other possessions.

One poster said he wasn't beaten and that was a lie. Meanwhile he was beat so many times in the jaw that his jaw was basically dislocated.

The liberal spin machine is in full swing with this story. They hate the military and hate guns and could care less about this country.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:53 AM

7,624 posts, read 8,115,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Are we still worried about "commies" in 2014? I thought that ended with the Cold War.
Both your mayor and city council speaker are openly Marxist. They dident go away ... they just started calling themselves "progressives".

As for this Marine, the clock is ticking. Send in Delta and get him out like we did for Kurt Muse in Panama in 1989.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:57 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,964,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
Also, there are photo's (I guess you missed those) that showed the construction being done the day he crossed over the border and all there was, was a small cardboard sign leaning up against a temporary wall. Once this happened, they put put a big flashing light sign. So the sign YOU saw when you were there just recently was NOT the cardboard one he saw.
Road construction doesn't eliminate the existence of the border checkpoint itself. The story just doesn't add up. You can't accidentally drive a truck across the border to Mexico on a normal road.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:11 AM

10,089 posts, read 10,606,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post

Please get your facts straight before posting.
The same thing applies to you. I am not the only person on this thread who has asked you to post evidence that he was arrested illegally, yet you have failed to do so.

I'll ask once again: what is the evidence that his arrest was unlawful?

Old 05-31-2014, 07:54 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,274,846 times
I signed it. What a horrible situation! Imagine the horror if we did that to one of theirs?

Old 05-31-2014, 07:58 AM

4,271 posts, read 4,983,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Road construction doesn't eliminate the existence of the border checkpoint itself. The story just doesn't add up. You can't accidentally drive a truck across the border to Mexico on a normal road.
Once you miss the sign (that was very tiny and easy to miss at the time of the incident) you're SOL. You can't change lanes or turn around after that point, so by the time all of those huge signs are there, it's too late. That was the accidental part. He missed the u-turn point and then had no other option but to cross the border.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:02 AM

7,475 posts, read 19,565,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Actually he was already in Tijuana with his girlfriend in a hotel, then walked back over the border the next day to get his truck and then crossed back over the border to Mexico with his guns! You, a lot of other Faux news watchers and the OP got totally taken in by this story. As I said a few posts ago the whole story did not add up. It is starting to now. Sounds like another idiot who shouldn't possess weapons and should probably suffer the consequences of his actions. I was down there a few days ago and you couldn't possibly just accidentally end up in Mexico with a truck full of guns and ammo- especially after having just entered it and having seen all the warning signs about the consequences of entering Mexico with guns!.
You are completely wrong, but then if you weren't, you wouldn't be the devoted democrat that you are.
You either were not down there a couple of days ago, or just plain prevaricating.
And the truck wasn't "full of guns", he had three guns legally owned and registered..
Your story is not true, and you know it... What do you gain by BSing?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:06 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,535,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I'm as amazed as you are, this is a huge news story that has been covered extensively for over two months now, and if these ignorant posters had a clue they would know this kid is completely innocent and being abused my a corrupt Mexican government.
If we're so concerned about a corrupt Mexican government, then why is ANY American citizen, including the one in question, going ANYWHERE NEAR Mexico, much less INTO Mexico?

And it has to be said, if I had 3 guns in my truck (including an assault rifle) for ANY reason, I wouldn't get within 10 miles of Mexico. I certainly wouldn't "approach" the border or park at the border, even if I had no intention of crossing. If I had a burning desire to spend the day in TJ, I would find someplace to leave my guns, or I wouldn't go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or