Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 09:33 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,714,377 times

Advertisements

The baby wasn't there to sell/use drugs. The mother was there because their house burned down, correct?
Isn't there any way to make an exception? Caught dealers regularly point out drug houses that aren't. If addicts could get their fix from govt, most violent crime would be gone. As you mentioned if drugs were legal this wouldn't have happened. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
The mother is responsible for the child, and put him in a known drug den. Officers noted prior that no children were present when making a buy at the residence. It is a sad occurrence as the police have noted, but they were doing their job within the law as outlined. Honestly, if drugs were legal it wouldn't have happened, but this residence is exactly why the no knock warrant is used.

Now will see some hotshot attorney sue the city and profit from this mistake. Hopefully, the guy breaking the law will do time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 09:35 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,714,377 times
I read CIA was involved in selling meth, & they are approved by President & Congress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Give me a freakin' break!

Do you know anything about the meth epidemic? Do you have any idea how it screws up the thinking of normal adults? I can give you THOUSANDS of examples where otherwise "good" parents put their kids at risk of death, all for the high of meth. It's a nasty drug that completely destroys every sensible, reasonable mind process.

MAKE NO MISTAKE: Any "parent" who subjects their child to that environment is completely bankrupt, both morally and spiritually and guilty as hell.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:23 AM

4,620 posts, read 12,241,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
I read CIA was involved in selling meth, & they are approved by President & Congress.
This is why my dad always told to believe nothing of what a I hear, and only half of what I see.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:34 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,078,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curzon_dax View Post
1)

3) According to this Christian Science Monitor article no knock warrant issuance has increased from 3,000 in 1981 to over 50,000 in 2005. What have been the results of it? Why are these governmental entities not justifying their use of force against innocent citizens?

4) This is dangerous policy for our men and women who are sworn to protect and serve as well. No-knock warrants escalate force which has resulted in dead policemen as well as innocent citizens. Bonus: map pinpointing botched raids of various types.
This was a great post, but was there no other source for the increase in no-knock warrants? CSM has about the credibility of a geocities page. Yeah, remember that hosting company from like 2000? It's sunday but I'm pretending it's throwback thursday!

Old 06-01-2014, 11:39 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,078,494 times
Okay, I did a little research into this.

The link to Cato institute is incredible. (See my post above, quoting Curzon_dax, for the link)

I am now absolutely opposed to the usage of any no-knock warrant and would consider it a complete breech of constitutional rights. If someone armed runs into your house, you have a right to defend yourself.

In this case, as revealed through the findings of a federal judge, it appears a few police men engaged in an incredible cover up. I believe they should be facing life in prison.

Description: On March 26, 1987 at 2 am, police in Jefferson County, Colorado conduct a no-knock drug raid on the home of Alger Garcia and his mother. Alger's brother, Pete Garcia, is visiting at the time, to do some construction on the home. Alger is suspected of drug activity, Pete Garcia isn't. Pete Garcia awakes on the morning of the 26th to the sound of gunfire. He looks out his window, and sees that men dressed in camouflage have shot and killed his two dogs. There are no "police" markings on the men's uniforms. Alarmed, Pete Garcia runs downstairs, and exits the rear of the house. A man dressed in dark clothing, who still hasn't identified himself as a police officer, orders Garcia to the ground. Garcia is then kicked, and bound with a rope. The police officer then picks Garcia up and carries him back into the home, from room to room, face-out, with a gun to his head. A federal judge would later write, "The officer was using Pete Garcia, in essence, as a shield against any gunfire that might come through one of the windows." It is only after Garcia is thrown down on the home's front lawn that he notices the faint outline of a sheriff's patch on one of the officers' sleeves, and realizes he is being raided by police. Later, an officer inside the house would mistake his own reflection for an armed occupant of the home, and open fire. His fire would cause other officers to fire. Another officer then entered the home and fired an automatic weapon. The firing of that weapon caused Alger Garcia to discharge his own weapon, releasing a single shotgun blast that hit one raiding officer in the shoulder and neck. A federal court would later find that officers blatantly lied about the details of the raid, both in the raid report and in subsequent testimony. Remarkably, Pete Garcia -- who was never suspected of a crime, and who never fired a weapon during the raid -- was charged with two counts of attempted murder, two counts of first-degree assault on a police officer, and two counts of committing a crime of violence. Pete Garcia spent nine months in solitary confinement before the raiding officers' cover-up was revealed. He was subsequently released, and filed a civil rights suit in federal court. Sources: Garcia v. Johnson, 1995 U.S. App. LEXIS 23282

Here is another:
Description: In July of 1993, a Wheat Ridge, Colorado woman is hospitalized after DEA agents pry open her door, curse her, and beat her while executing a no-knock drug raid. They have the wrong address. The raid inspired a letter of condemnation by the mayor of Wheat Ridge to the local district attorney. Source: "DEA Does It Again," Denver Post, July 16, 1993.

Wrong address. Assault in the first degree.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:07 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,987,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Okay, I did a little research into this.

The link to Cato institute is incredible. (See my post above, quoting Curzon_dax, for the link)

I am now absolutely opposed to the usage of any no-knock warrant and would consider it a complete breech of constitutional rights. If someone armed runs into your house, you have a right to defend yourself.
Exactly how I see it.

But if you do defend yourself, it's basically a death sentence and/or charges of assault etc piled on.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:46 PM

256 posts, read 341,851 times
I just want to point out: The burns on that childs body were so bad that the news only released the least gruesome picture, of the poor childs burned face. Being in a coma and having a burned face isn't the child's only issue - HIS WHOLE BODY IS BURNED UP.

Also, the average heroin user is a 30 year old white women living in the suburbs, so all of you worried about "laying with dogs" are probably laying with tons without realizing it. SO MANY people you know buy and do drugs and DO NOT TELL YOU, so you might never know when you are in a drug house.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:57 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,987,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transdimensionalhottie View Post
I just want to point out: The burns on that childs body were so bad that the news only released the least gruesome picture, of the poor childs burned face. Being in a coma and having a burned face isn't the child's only issue - HIS WHOLE BODY IS BURNED UP.

Also, the average heroin user is a 30 year old white women living in the suburbs, so all of you worried about "laying with dogs" are probably laying with tons without realizing it. SO MANY people you know buy and do drugs and DO NOT TELL YOU, so you might never know when you are in a drug house.
Seriously...

In the area I grew up it seems everyone does pot, and if you say you don't you're probably lying. Old ladies doing the growing.

Welcome to little quiet rural America.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:23 PM

965 posts, read 1,334,857 times
I watched a video of a 2010 no knock raid, the home owner had a golf club in his hands, from the time the police kicked in the door to the time the home owner was dead was 4 seconds, it was only after he had been shot that the police said to get down.

The rules to get a no knock warrant should be so high that is almost impossible to get and if they get one using falsified information, then all involved should be put in prison.
If a cop wears military gear and covers his face, he is a no better than a storm trooper and should be dealt with as such.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:27 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,514,992 times
TARGET NEUTRALIZED.

But seriously, that is pretty terrifying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events