Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 07:04 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,235 times

Advertisements

Right in line with the usual hypocrisy and double standards when law enforcement is involved, cops hold the well-being of their dogs in higher regard than they hold American citizens. While they will shoot your dog even if it's restrained, let something happen to one of theirs and they whine like the sniveling ******* that they are!

Last edited by SpencerMtn; 06-03-2014 at 08:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 07:41 PM

11 posts, read 7,627 times
Ooo! That's actually a really good point I hadn't even thought of. Their dogs are considered officers on the force! I found an article on thefreethoughtproject.com about this issue. The most significant thing the article said was this
Quote:
One of the known warning signs of certain psychopathologies, including antisocial personality disorder, also known as psychopathic personality disorder, is a history of torturing pets and small animals, a behavior known as zoosadism.
According to the New York Times, “the FBI has found that a history of cruelty to animals is one of the traits that regularly appears in its computer records of serial rapists and murderers, and the standard diagnostic and treatment manual for psychiatric and emotional disorders lists cruelty to animals a diagnostic criterion for conduct disorders.
AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WE ALLOW TO BE IN CHARGE OF US?!?!?!
(Again, I want to insist that this does not apply to every officer but it is the majority.)

If they could place even a fraction of the respect and love on other people's animals that they do for their own, the number of dogs killed by police would probably plummet dramatically.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:49 PM

905 posts, read 790,241 times
Too many cops can't do much of anything without excessive force-too dumb and meat headed and lacking any accountability.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:05 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,954,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
If these modern day warrior cops are such pansies that they wet themselves every time a dog barks at them then perhaps they need a new profession. Maybe they would be better florists.
I agree. I don't have ANY fear of dogs at all. I don't care what kind of dog either. I certainly don't need a gun to fend off a dog. Goodness, cops are sure pansies as you stated. Pulling a gun on a dog? Really? Goodness, how sad! Grow a set.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:14 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,176,932 times
I think that 90%+ of officers who kill dogs deserve prison time. I've seen cases where the officer who killed the dog deserves 30 years. In a perfectly reasonable world, those cops would both be spending the next five years behind bars. Unless a dog is a very aggressive, very large dog, it doesn't pose a threat to life.

Remember, an officer with non life threatening INJURY is a better situation than a DEAD dog.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:05 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,978,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Yup! Puppycide. Not my term actually, but I like it, and stand behind it.

I think there is a recent and increasing problem with police killing pets, rather than using other means to control them. I base that on a spate of recent news reports, and if you read the OP, I was quite specific in asking if it was an actual problem with increasing frequency, or simply getting reported more often (obviously, there has not been a scientific analysis yet, with a study I can point too!).

I personally think it is happening more often in recent years because it generally isn't reveiwed by supervisors, and because a dog isn't a person (and I am not equating the two). Killing pets is bad policing, and should be quite rare. I don't ever want to wonder if I should call the cops because they are likely to kill my dog during their response, and quite frankly, that thought would run through my mind based on recent reports in the press, my cousin's experience, and my son-in-laws (cop) statements and actions.

I just googled "cop shoots dog" and got 2,200,000 hits in .29 seconds. I realize there are a lot of repeated stories, but this is obviously becoming a problem.
In the same google I typed in cop shoots man got 14.4 million
In the same google I typed in cop shoots house for 16.5
Cop shoots horse got a million
Cop shoots car gets a million
In the same google I typed in cop shoots doughnut and still got 784K

So I'd not really rely on Google for my scientific research.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:07 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,978,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I agree. I don't have ANY fear of dogs at all. I don't care what kind of dog either. I certainly don't need a gun to fend off a dog. Goodness, cops are sure pansies as you stated. Pulling a gun on a dog? Really? Goodness, how sad! Grow a set.
Pit Bull That Fatally Mauled 4-Year-Old Mia DeRouen Called A "Monster" By Police - The Dreamin Demon

The cops actually needed counceling after this attack because the scene was extremely devastation to them...

Old 06-04-2014, 07:09 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Remember, an officer with non life threatening INJURY is a better situation than a DEAD dog.
To make sure I understand this correct, you believe that it would be better that a cop were to have, let's say nerve damage causing loss of use of his hand, then to have a dog die?

Old 06-04-2014, 10:09 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,047,287 times
I'm a dog lover since birth. I've had them my whole life and I've put myself in danger to save more than a few. I abhor hearing about cops who shoot dogs.

I have to add that most of the people here putting down "dumb ass, pansies ,sociopath cops" are the first ones who complain when they want law enforcement to protect them and they aren't right there. Cops aren't perfect and the ones who shoot dogs or don't carefully assess the situation before shooting anything or over react in crowd control situations should not be on the force. But the vast majority of them are trained and trying to protect the general population and i for one support cops in general.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:15 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
One can support police all day long and still wonder about the increase in many areas (that'd be in our region) where cops appear to shoot first, think later. There are plenty of cases in which the shooting is not justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events