U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 07:21 PM

3,442 posts, read 4,476,362 times

Advertisements

I wonder how much money could have been made at Vegas betting that California Chrome wouldn't even garner a "Show" on the results ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 07:22 PM

15,010 posts, read 8,562,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Jockey Espinoza did not have the horse. Nothing wrong with his ride.
Do you think he could have done anything differently in terms of positioning or the beginning portions of the race?

Old 06-07-2014, 07:26 PM

8,597 posts, read 6,117,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Do you think he could have done anything differently in terms of positioning or the beginning portions of the race?
It's a long race.

I didn't see anything he did wrong. He would have lost no matter who was riding him.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:30 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,269,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
I stand corrected.

But if other horses, in the past, raced under the same rules as today, how can he complain ?

I do think he has a point, though
It would be a terrible idea to limit the next two races after the derby and the third race to only horses that have been in the other two.

That could leave a VERY small field.

They could end up with a "match race" of just two horses......that is what killed Ruffian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsi_ixx4pAY

Old 06-07-2014, 07:30 PM

15,010 posts, read 8,562,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
It's a long race.

I didn't see anything he did wrong. He would have lost no matter who was riding him.
OK, I got it, I read your original reply wrong.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:35 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,955,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Everyone talks about how.......it used to be.( all horses had to run all three)

again, if you claim that to be true, what year did it change ?
Maybe "it use to be" that there weren't so many greedy people who held their horses back to rest in order to win all the money?
Maybe it use to be that people really wanted to know which horse was the best?
We will never know the answer to that question though because of "the cowards".

Old 06-07-2014, 07:37 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,088,870 times
I think he sat back too long and got stuck. His move to the outside made him cover more ground. No excuse though, because he was beat, but it was only won by a literal nose.
What cracks me up is knowing where Mr Coburn lives in Douglas county. 50,000 people and he's in one of the smaller areas.
Chrome still was the winner of two of the three, so he's still got that acheivement.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:40 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,715,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Steve Coburn, sore loser or just venting?
Agree that it is probably both. CC got boxed into the outside when he does better on the inside . However, I can see his point about horses running at Belmont that didn't qualify for the Derby or took the Preakness off after a Derby loss to rest up for Belmont. CC didn't have the luxury of rest between races. But who knows, if he wouldn't have gotten boxed in on the outside he might could have one. I just don't think his comments should have been stayed during his first interview after the loss. I think he had some valid points, but he was too emotional and just not the time to express them.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:42 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,269,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
Agree that it is probably both. CC got boxed into the outside when he does better on the inside . However, I can see his point about horses running at Belmont that didn't qualify for the Derby or took the Preakness off after a Derby loss to rest up for Belmont. CC didn't have the luxury of rest between races. But who knows, if he wouldn't have gotten boxed in on the outside he might could have one. I just don't think his comments should have been stayed during his first interview after the loss. I think he had some valid points, but he was too emotional and just not the time to express them.
True.

Just like the NASCAR driver that has just been wrecked and someone puts a mike in his face.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:45 PM

3,442 posts, read 4,476,362 times
I know this race was for the Triple Crown, but it wouldn't have hurt to give the winner of the Belmont a little more coverage.

( or the other horses that Placed and Showed )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events