Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:30 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,764,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
The person who left the gun there should be charged with a crime.

Yes, and it's looking more and more to me like a plant from a gun-grabber group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 11:02 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Someone Left A Loaded Gun In The Toy Aisle Of Target

This happened in a Myrtle Beach Target recently and so it begs the question. Places like Target and Walmart used detectors to keep their merchandise from leaving the store. Shouldn't they also take a bit of their budget and screen for weapons entering their stores? Would doing so violate our second amendment?
Yes, we must live in a total police state and everyone will submit and be frisked. It is the American dream you know.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:04 AM

28,619 posts, read 18,668,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yes, and it's looking more and more to me like a plant from a gun-grabber group.
How would they get possession of Chavonne's gun, and what a coincidence that they would get the gun of someone who lives in that area?

Old 06-09-2014, 11:50 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,102,816 times
Wow, imagine having a Wal-Mart version of the TSA.

If things get that bad, I'd probably expatriate myself.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:51 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,638,092 times
Post Strange how media went silent when narrative didn't go in their preferred direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
How would they get possession of Chavonne's gun, and what a coincidence that they would get the gun of someone who lives in that area?
Here's the answer to your first question:

Target also provided police with surveillance footage of a man (picture earlier in this thread) who was observed acting oddly in the toy department not long before a target loss prevention staffer found the handgun sitting in plain view on one of the shelves. "Police are looking for this unidentified man and Chavonne Tere Moore "

@teremoore143's last published tweet, two days ago:

Old 06-09-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Here's the answer to your first question:

Target also provided police with surveillance footage of a man (picture earlier in this thread) who was observed acting oddly in the toy department not long before a target loss prevention staffer found the handgun sitting in plain view on one of the shelves. "Police are looking for this unidentified man and Chavonne Tere Moore "

@teremoore143's last published tweet, two days ago:
Nah, I'm not believing that someone from an anti-gun group broke into her house and stole her gun.

My current theory is still that her boyfriend stole it, maybe used it, and left it the store to set her up.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:38 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,531,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Nah, I'm not believing that someone from an anti-gun group broke into her house and stole her gun.

My current theory is still that her boyfriend stole it, maybe used it, and left it the store to set her up.
I think out of the two, the boyfriend scenario is about 99.99999% more plausible.

However, in regards to the conspiracy angle, it could be that the person planting the gun bought a stolen gun. If you are going to plant a gun for such a conspiracy, would you buy one from a store to use or buy a stolen one?

Like I've stated, I don't believe this to be the case.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
However, in regards to the conspiracy angle, it could be that the person planting the gun bought a stolen gun. If you are going to plant a gun for such a conspiracy, would you buy one from a store to use or buy a stolen one?
The problem there is the incredible coincidence that they'd happen to buy a gun stolen from a house close to the store. But if her boyfriend were setting her up, he'd do it at a store close to her house.

Quote:
Like I've stated, I don't believe this to be the case.
Yep, noted.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:14 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,954,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Yes, we must live in a total police state and everyone will submit and be frisked. It is the American dream you know.
How is my question at all related to a police state? Target is a publicly owned company and would be responsible for their own security. They already have metal detectors in place, I simply posed a question as to how to use such metal detectors.

The police would only be concerned if they were called by Target.

A police state is a state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic, and political life of the population. A police state typically exhibits elements of totalitarianism and social control, and there is usually little or no distinction between the law and the exercise of political power by the executive.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:51 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,788,843 times
I think Chavonne Tere Moore bought that gun for her boyfriend to use, because he has a felony record and can't buy his own. Since such a straw purchase is illegal, she has no choice but to claim it's still hers.

I also think they both voted for Obama, and I doubt that they are NRA members.

Second person sought by police in gun left at local Target : News : CarolinaLive.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events