Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 07:01 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
So are some of the anti's, just look at Bloomberg and MDA. What else ya got?
Huh??

Oh yea extreme "antis", as you cleverly call pro-control proponents, don't threaten violence against the government or walk into family restaurants with what?????..oh yes..these extreme "antis" walk into family restaurant's with....leaflets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 07:07 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Huh??

Oh yea extreme "antis", as you cleverly call pro-control proponents, don't threaten violence against the government or walk into family restaurants with what?????..oh yes..these extreme "antis" walk into family restaurant's with....leaflets.
If you are referring to the Texas open carry thing going on, you'll find very few 2A supporters who approve of what they're doing, they are more of a liability than an asset, but we're getting a bit off topic.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:44 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
Quote:
It's no more garbage than your post that I replied to, which if you'll notice has no specifics, just you claiming gun owners are paranoid, I see no facts there.

And you taking me seriously isn't even on my list of concerns.
I want to apologize to your for my post. I standby my comments on wanting specifics, but my remaining comments were just plain rude and uncalled for. Sorry about that//

Old 06-09-2014, 09:05 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,022,901 times
Quote:
At least you recognize that fact.

Did the guns steal a car and drive to walmart? Did they sit plotting for months up on a shelf while their owners went to their jobs or contributed to society? Maybe they had secret meetings with their firearm friends to help plan the whole thing. Or they turned their owners in to zombies to do their bidding?

A firearm can't do anything, good or bad, without a person attached to it. Maybe we should make it a crime to kill someone or go on a killing spree... oh wait
If that argument is true (incidentally, this is probably the only country in the world where such an argument would for a second hold water - American exceptionalism of the most dense kind) why not just go ahead and legalize ground to air missiles, rocket launchers, grenade launchers?

Old 06-09-2014, 09:22 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
I am all for the second amendment and the right of the individual to bear arms. Remember folks we woldn't have the first amendment or pretty much anything else without the second.
What I see is there is a sickness in our society, a disease that is spreading. People feel worthless, like their lives mean nothing so instead of getting tough they choose to mark their end with violence. These 2 shooters had a beef with the Gov. How that turns into shooting 2 cops and a guy at Walmart is beyond me.
I agree that it is not the guns that is the problem. These sickos could just as easily go down to their local truck dealership, buy a dump truck, drive it off the lot and over a bunch of kids waiting to get on a bus and keep going to run down police and workers at a construction zone. If we were in the Middle East they would build a bomb or suicide vest and walk into the local market or mall.
There are lots of ways to kill and cause destruction but we are not going to outlaw them. A start would be to have the media stop reporting the names of these losers. Instead they could say 3 honest folk insert names were killed by 2 terrorists today in Vegas.
Our society needs to change the eternal victim, whoa is me, give me another hand out cause I can't do it on my own attitude.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:25 AM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Can someone explain how the right to bear arms is only specific to firearms and does not pertain to other forms of armory? Otherwise, any right to bear arms is only perceived and our rights were taken from us long ago. Therefore, an understanding of the paranoid anti government groups. It is ironic that anti government, and pro gun go hand in hand compared with the hippie of 50 years ago!
Common sense ? Pretty hard to feed your family if all you have to hunt with is a M1A1 Abrahms tank... they tend to be a little noisy.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:27 AM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I am all for the second amendment and the right of the individual to bear arms. Remember folks we woldn't have the first amendment or pretty much anything else without the second.
What I see is there is a sickness in our society, a disease that is spreading. People feel worthless, like their lives mean nothing so instead of getting tough they choose to mark their end with violence. These 2 shooters had a beef with the Gov. How that turns into shooting 2 cops and a guy at Walmart is beyond me.
I agree that it is not the guns that is the problem. These sickos could just as easily go down to their local truck dealership, buy a dump truck, drive it off the lot and over a bunch of kids waiting to get on a bus and keep going to run down police and workers at a construction zone. If we were in the Middle East they would build a bomb or suicide vest and walk into the local market or mall.
There are lots of ways to kill and cause destruction but we are not going to outlaw them. A start would be to have the media stop reporting the names of these losers. Instead they could say 3 honest folk insert names were killed by 2 terrorists today in Vegas.
Our society needs to change the eternal victim, whoa is me, give me another hand out cause I can't do it on my own attitude.
I agree, and nothing is going to change until this gets addressed.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:19 AM

479 posts, read 1,434,200 times
And the countdown until the next Columbine copycat resets once again

Old 06-09-2014, 01:31 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,292,316 times
Here's what's being said about the shooters:

Police probe ties between Vegas shooters, Bundy

Old 06-09-2014, 01:40 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
there hasn't been much info released regarding the circumstances involving the murder of the civillian but it sounds as if Joseph Robert Wilcox, posessing a CCW permit, was detaining the male shooter (at gunpoint?) when the woman shooter (pushing a shopping cart) came up behind him and shot Mr Wilcox. Reported that Wilcox never fired his weapon.

fwiw, haven't seen any of this on any of the Nat'l media sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events