U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 02:05 PM

12,070 posts, read 5,599,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
How can a person be racist against someone that is of their blood, in their direct family. Total nonsense. your analogy has no bearing on what I originally stated. However, your statements show you know nothing of the topic "we" are discussing. have you been to the UK? As in lived the life there, read the news, seen what I've seen. I don't think so otherwise you wouldn't be making the statements you've made. Your provincial view is rather frightening. Please, please, look up what I've been saying. Learn for yourself.
Nope, haven't been to the UK. I do know anti-muslim sentiment when I see it though, no matter how much someone doth protest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 02:27 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,735,375 times
I agree with thefragile. thefragile called it out, and the only thing the poster can say is that they do not understand and are uneducated. I often see the same thinking here in the midwest. Many somali people have settled in Mpls and unfortunately the sentiment is strong here also.

What I find REALLY interesting is this statement: "Some schools have been told they cannot hold Christmas plays as it offends...."

The poster obviously never considered that Christmas plays in public schools might ALSO offend people of other religions besides Muslims.......why do people assume that it is the only group that might be offended? How about Jews, for example? Does the poster also hate Jews because the school might not hold Christmas plays because Jewish people might not appreciate having Christian stories shoved down their child's throat?

Those kinds of comments help identify where this poster is really coming from...........hatred.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:30 PM

Yes. Why do christians feign offense & claim a war on christmas, etc but then turn around & do everything in their power to stomp out & insult other religions? It is such blatant hypocrisy it's almost laughable.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:36 PM

3,445 posts, read 4,828,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'm sorry but do not post a bunch of anti-muslim drivel & not expect to have someone call you out on it. That's pure laziness on your part.
Read a bit and learn...

You are now entering Sharia law Britain: As Islamic extremists declare a Sharia law zone in a London suburb, there are worrying social and moral implications | Mail Online

Old 06-13-2014, 02:47 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,735,375 times

Oh, yes, and Mail Online is such a reliable news source and never publish anything inflammatory or with the intent to rile people up.

Hate is hate.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:03 PM

Can you tell me how that has anything to do with a person spewing anti-muslim propaganda & then pretending that they're not anti-muslim?

Old 06-13-2014, 03:04 PM

22,675 posts, read 28,568,174 times
you will respect the jesus!!!

Old 06-13-2014, 03:20 PM

4,529 posts, read 7,037,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeig104 View Post
I agree with thefragile. thefragile called it out, and the only thing the poster can say is that they do not understand and are uneducated. I often see the same thinking here in the midwest. Many somali people have settled in Mpls and unfortunately the sentiment is strong here also.

What I find REALLY interesting is this statement: "Some schools have been told they cannot hold Christmas plays as it offends...."

The poster obviously never considered that Christmas plays in public schools might ALSO offend people of other religions besides Muslims.......why do people assume that it is the only group that might be offended? How about Jews, for example? Does the poster also hate Jews because the school might not hold Christmas plays because Jewish people might not appreciate having Christian stories shoved down their child's throat?

Those kinds of comments help identify where this poster is really coming from...........hatred.

This poster suggested they research what I mentioned. You are also coming from a provincial mind set not understanding the history of England. the Queen is the head of the church of England. the American term of "public" schools means something different in the Uk but I won't go into that. However, speaking in American English, the "public" schools in the UK also have christian church schools. The nation has long been a Christian nation and thus celebrated Christ's birth in numerous ways. However, even in non christian schools, K-5 kids put on these plays. We cannot judge this by American standards of separation. While most native people now in the UK either are agnostic or other, they still like their kids to participate in the plays because it's cute to see little kids dressed as shepherd's and angels.

As for your jewish comment. The generation i come from has much love and respect for the Jewish people. We share their sorrow for what their people have suffered, especially during the WWII era.

people of different faiths are not made to attend these after school events, nor are their kids required to participate. So how is this offensive? People who talk like you are the ones first to be fooled by the radicals tactics.

You do not know me. I have fought racism when it wasn't cool to do so. When it was dangerous. Again, how can I be racist against Muslims if my own family has Muslims in it? I have read the Quran, have you? I have seen first hand the tactics the radicals use to convert non practicing Muslims to radical Islam. have you?

If you live in America, you should be afraid of this stuff happening here. They (radicals) are in colleges, schools, many places.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:41 PM

6,695 posts, read 7,355,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Getting fired from such a company sounds like a blessing in disguise.
I see what you did there.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:08 PM

5,816 posts, read 9,778,125 times
Actually I have a problem with a coworker, a very nice bloke, but Christian fundamentalist. Everybody at the office know his views, and they avoid him when they can. Each time I have lunch with him he insists on saying grace, and if I refuse, he pulls a tantrum. He speaks all the time of the Pope, of Sin, of Redemption, etc. , very trying. As he is a fine colleague , I try not to antagonize him, but I feel I should finally draw the line somewhere, because he is becoming more obsessed by the day with his religious ...obsession (now he keeps asking me if I read the Bible everyday and has given me some spiritual book " expressly to read in the metro". I don't know how to react now, for being nice and telling him he is right (after all I had a Christian education myself, been there, done that) doesn't seem to content him, he wants more from me (going to church when at 5:00 PM after work, talking to my wife about God, etc). I feel he is infringing more and more on my personal life. I don't want to talk about it to the head of the department, because probably he would judge both of us (not only him, me also for not being able to cope or to solve the situation myself) as unprofessional and making him lose time. I'm at a loss right now about what to do. (once again, I'm not in conflict with the guy, he is entitled to his religious opinion-which I even share to a certain extent-the key word here being "uncertain"!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events