Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 10:55 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
I guess this elitist company doesn't think that they should offer some training for the trades. Perhaps send a barista to learn how to weld or swing a hammer.

Oh noooooooooo way. That's so beneath them...they are BARISTAS....
You seem like an objective, reasonable person...

Starbucks isn't even elitist. Starbucks is about as everyman as McDonald's these days. The real pretentious types HATE Starbucks.

I'm not the type of person that thinks a degree means everything, but you obviously have some type of unresolved issues regarding people who are educated at a college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 11:37 PM

892 posts, read 1,498,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
He should have been asked why he's setting up Starbucks shops within grocery stores so that he can get money from EBT (tax supported Food Stamps) customers.

I saw this going on at my local grocery store and was just flabbergasted. The inside Starbucks just opened and people were lined up buying iced coffee drinks and cakes with their food stamp cards. I work full-time and can't afford their coffee, but my tax dollars are being spent in this way, supposedly for people who are hungry and "in need". If you think I'm kidding, Google about it.
Why didn't YOU ask those supposedly needy SOBs why they're blowing their money on over priced garbage coffee?

Oh,.that's right...these evil corporations are somehow forcing these people these people to buy Starbucks, and if they had a choice, they would be buying Maxwell House instead, right? It can't possibly be thier OWN fault that they're abusing the system, right?

Old 04-07-2015, 06:54 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/starbu...ail&soc_trk=ma

Quote:
Starbucks (SBUX) is giving it the old college try…again.

The largest coffee retailer is expanding its agreement with Arizona State University to offer free college tuition to employees for four years instead of the previous two years.

The revised Starbucks College Achievement Plan-- which was launched last June-- will be available to all 140,000 company employees who work at least 20 hours a week as well as 10,000 young people who are not working or in school that the company plans to hire over the next three years.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:03 PM

3 posts, read 8,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
well good for their employees. Of course, the average american in whatever backwater i live in can't afford starbucks coffee. Im sure the latte crowd is going to be all a-tither about this and demand walmart and mcdonald's do the same thing.
fixed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events