Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 03:01 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Well if you're so offended by all this supposed free health care, why don't you just do the same thing that all those supposed illegals are doing & be done with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 03:06 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Ah, so this is the cause for the economic inequality gap widening in America?
Yes. Thousands every day pour over the border with absolutely no education, no job skills, no ability to learn English and third world birth rates and cultural attitudes. They are very government dependent in a country where even high school graduates will have a hard time making ends meet.

No other nation prefers welfare ckass immigrants over more middle class types. Our political leaders are actively working to bring the US to third world standards and destroy the middle class.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:08 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Same could be said for those who promote how great our healthcare system is too. Trace the $ to the source.

However, there are some undeniable stats that prove otherwise: Cost of Healthcare and Total Covered which are both horrid stats in the US.

49 million Americans lacked health insurance in 2011

Cost is probably the worst where 50% of the cost just goes to the actual services and about 1/3 is wasted.
Agenda is an equal opportunity. However, because one side says something doesn't mean the other side is free from critique or question.

49 Million people lacked health care insurance in 2001. So what? In 2011, every person in the USA, citizen, illegal alien/immigrant-undocumented whatever, had access to healthcare.

Every person, not some, all of them.

Now, compare that to other countries where without insurance, you simple don't get or get substandard healthcare.

In the USA in 2011 (the year you cite) any individual could walk into a hospital that anyone with insurance could walk into and see the same doctor and receive the same treatment. Yes, some care providers are better than others, that is true of anyone and anything on this earth. That doesn't take away from the simple fact that anyone in the USA can get healthcare, regardless of their status.

Heatlhcare insurance is not healthcare, a fact often ignored by those that want those who work to pay for those who simply want.

The "stat" some never want to admit is true is that anyone can get healthcare in the USA, just for asking. The only thing those people are really talking about is who is paying for what and therein rests the problem. Some people think everyone should pay for everyone else and that healthcare is a right. The right you have is the opportunity to access healthcare. The payment of that service has nothing to do with rights, it has everything to do with distributing wealth.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:08 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Well if you're so offended by all this supposed free health care, why don't you just do the same thing that all those supposed illegals are doing & be done with it?
Citizens must pay, Obama even exempted the illegals from the ACA, they don't have to buy insurance.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:11 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Go to the emergency room like everyone else. Free, even for citizens.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:12 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes. Thousands every day pour over the border with absolutely no education, no job skills, no ability to learn English and third world birth rates and cultural attitudes. They are very government dependent in a country where even high school graduates will have a hard time making ends meet.

No other nation prefers welfare ckass immigrants over more middle class types. Our political leaders are actively working to bring the US to third world standards and destroy the middle class.
So your argument against UHC is illegal immigration?

The fact is us taxpayers are ALREADY paying for their healthcare.. they just go into the ER. Your argument is moot.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:14 PM

93 posts, read 99,663 times
Default U.S. RANKED Last In Health Care

Hello my dear Yankees,

I'm a German in Munich (but I used to live in the U.S. once). Over here you need to have a health insurance mandatory. If you earn under a certain amount your employer is required to insure you in a public medical insurance. If you earn over a certain amount you can choose if you are in a Public or private medical insurance. If you are an official or self employed you can choose no matter how less or how much you earn. But you have to be medical insured even if you live on social security.

Dear Americans, I always puzzled how you manage your health Problems which result from stuffing with Hamburgers and fries, drinking literwise coke while being unwilling to have a sufficient health insurance.

I don't want to offend anyone, I just want to express my opinion.

That was one of the reasons I went back home. Your Country is not of boundless possibilities if you have to be aware when having an accident or getting sick you will have suddenly unexpected exorbitant costs.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:17 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,295,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

I actually agree with this to a certain extent. Are you aware that border patrol is our single largest source of law enforcement? I support Jan Brewer in AZ I that if you can't prove citizenship you get deported. Also, SS is being reported for 2 people? One is fake and we should enforce it. The sad reality is that all we have is border patrol. This is not a party issue either, because my right wing governor gave them licenses.

My beef with healthcare is all citizens should have it, but why do only a few pay for it?

Old 06-17-2014, 03:19 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Agenda is an equal opportunity. However, because one side says something doesn't mean the other side is free from critique or question.

49 Million people lacked health care insurance in 2001. So what? In 2011, every person in the USA, citizen, illegal alien/immigrant-undocumented whatever, had access to healthcare.

Every person, not some, all of them.

Now, compare that to other countries where without insurance, you simple don't get or get substandard healthcare.

In the USA in 2011 (the year you cite) any individual could walk into a hospital that anyone with insurance could walk into and see the same doctor and receive the same treatment. Yes, some care providers are better than others, that is true of anyone and anything on this earth. That doesn't take away from the simple fact that anyone in the USA can get healthcare, regardless of their status.

Heatlhcare insurance is not healthcare, a fact often ignored by those that want those who work to pay for those who simply want.

The "stat" some never want to admit is true is that anyone can get healthcare in the USA, just for asking. The only thing those people are really talking about is who is paying for what and therein rests the problem. Some people think everyone should pay for everyone else and that healthcare is a right. The right you have is the opportunity to access healthcare. The payment of that service has nothing to do with rights, it has everything to do with distributing wealth.
Access to =/= Ability to afford.

But that is not your problem...right?

Last edited by Mach50; 06-17-2014 at 03:30 PM..

Old 06-17-2014, 08:53 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

Here is the main diference between health care in the US and in other countries. In other countries, skilled and qualified doctors make a professionally sound judgment of your condition, and recommend a procedure to cure it. In the US, doctors hand you a stack of referral slips to labs which will charge many thousands of dollars for tests that will nearly always just confirm the diagnosis that the doctor would have made in the first place. One figure I heard is that patient in the US get about 3 times as many MRIs as in the Netherlands, but in the Netherlands, people live about 2 years longer without the MRIs. . In fact, the US has the lowest life expectancy in the world, among the 35 countries tested. (See, I can use that ploy to foist off a lie, too.)
^^

I'm off to the Angeles Hospital in Tijuana next Tuesday to have a Baker's Cyst aspirated. Tired of the excessive, unnecessary testing, testing, testing up here! My Orthopedist in Tijuana: You do know the Dr.'s in the U.S. have a vested interest in MRI/Catscan/Xray "factories" up there, as many of them own them!

"For a Baker's Cyst, all you needed was an Ultrasound reading. You didn't need an Xray, let alone an MRI or 2nd MRI!"

Two other times, I ran into roadblocks with the American Health-Scare System, I hightailed it to Mexico and they always came to my rescue!

If I lived in San Diego, there'd be no reason at all to have health insurance! Across the Border I'd go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events