U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 02:02 PM

4,123 posts, read 4,586,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
You wrote several very long posts, about you being very happy with NHS, and I am glad it is serving you and your family well.

But, if we are comparing our American system with yours, I asked you to explain British (and other Govts) reports, which paint a different picture, and a very disturbing one for the future.

Those are fair questions that you and other proponents of UHS need to answer, before you claim that we should become like you.

Who are you? I don't remember ever engaging you on any discussions.

I would be happy to listen if your arguments make any sense, and are based on UNBIASED sources, with no agenda.
No, you made a snarky comment to me a page of two ago.

Just go back to watching your Faux news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 02:03 PM

4,079 posts, read 2,944,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
One case of f***ed up care proves all the NHS is bad? And there are no such similar cases in the US. Get real!.
You are correct. Anecdotal evidence from a few people, can only tell you so much. That's why looking at the numbers, facts, provided to us by official sources is really the best way to analyze these things.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:08 PM

4,079 posts, read 2,944,516 times
Quote:
Just go back to watching your Faux news.
So you now joined the chorus of clapping seals. Congratulations. Now, go back to your Scottish boards, you troll.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:14 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,111,831 times
Quote:
I actually cited a report that while 15 million people gained coverage by ACA, 30 million people have lost their Insurance.
I'm asking you to prove this claim that 30 million have lost insurance due to the ACA?

Quote:
You want me to prove your claim? Shouldn't you provide your own back up to your claim?
There will still be 30 million uninsured according to the CBO. This is because the GOP fought against a universal plan coverage for all. How can you complain about uninsured when it was your party who stopped universal coverage. Do you see the hypocrisy?

Old 07-16-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
I'm asking you to prove this claim that 30 million have lost insurance due to the ACA?

There will still be 30 million uninsured according to the CBO. This is because the GOP fought against a universal plan coverage for all. How can you complain about uninsured when it was your party who stopped universal coverage. Do you see the hypocrisy?
Waste of time. He knows everything.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:32 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,111,831 times
Quote:
Waste of time. He knows everything.
I'm afraid everything is what he doesn't know. I had blood drawn on the 30th of last month. I got a bill for $313, and then I got my EOB (explanation of benefits) from my insurance where they were paid $14, and I owe 10%. Soon I'll get another bill for $1.40. If you don't have insurance you get billed at these high rates, so if you get sick you have to file bankruptcy. This is the system the GOP defend in our country.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
I'm afraid everything is what he doesn't know. I had blood drawn on the 30th of last month. I got a bill for $313, and then I got my EOB (explanation of benefits) from my insurance where they were paid $14, and I owe 10%. Soon I'll get another bill for $1.40. If you don't have insurance you get billed at these high rates, so if you get sick you have to file bankruptcy. This is the system the GOP defend in our country.
Yep and I'm very grateful I don't have to deal with this any more.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:18 PM

20,924 posts, read 22,511,893 times
Quote:
The feeling is mutual.

Several years ago, when my American Father-In-Law was visiting his other daughter, doing her doctorate for Public Health in Oxford, he got very sick with Pancreatitis. He had surgery in Britain. He got messed up. When he returned, his NYC doctors were shocked at the poor surgery job and treatment he received in England. He died a few years later from Pancreatitis. Primary reason was the ****ed up job of NHS doctors.

My SIL, who consults for EU in Brussels, has a doctorate for Public Health from Oxford, and her husband, a former dentist, works for NHS in Cardiff.

They have been many times to America, for conferences, exchanges, etc. and can draw a lot more educated comparisons than you.

They tell me the same things I read myself on NHS reports. Duh!!
I am not disputing that this happened but this does not prove a total healthcare system is inefficient. Would you like me to tell you of the many botched surgeries and misdiagnoses I saw in my decades as an insurance health claims examiner in the US?

Doctors make mistakes no matter what country they happen to practice in. For the most part it does not have anything to do with the healthcare system under which they practice. I wouldn't say that your FIL's medical care was ***up by the NHS doctors, I would just say it was ***by doctors. The same could have very easily happened in the US the difference being that in the US, many, many people don't even get the opportunity to go to a doctor to have a surgery that gets ***ed up.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:41 PM

9,291 posts, read 16,168,705 times
yup.... I was under treatment by an American doctor when I had a hip surgery in 2004 and then subsequently acquired a raging MRSA infection in that hip that require three more surgeries and an extended period of time on IV antibiotics.......

Old 07-16-2014, 04:47 PM

12,089 posts, read 5,629,282 times
Quote:
The feeling is mutual.

Several years ago, when my American Father-In-Law was visiting his other daughter, doing her doctorate for Public Health in Oxford, he got very sick with Pancreatitis. He had surgery in Britain. He got messed up. When he returned, his NYC doctors were shocked at the poor surgery job and treatment he received in England. He died a few years later from Pacreatitis. Primary reason was the ****ed up job of NHS doctors.

My SIL, who consults for EU in Brussels, has a doctorate for Public Health from Oxford, and her husband, a former dentist, works for NHS in Cardiff.

They have been many times to America, for conferences, exchanges, etc. and can draw a lot more educated comparisons than you.

They tell me the same things I read myself on NHS reports. Duh!!
My dad's best friend was in the hospital, contracted a staff infection & died. My mom's friend's husband was in the hospital. He had a coughing attack while in the wheelchair. No one was watching him. He lunged forward while coughing & broke his neck, died. No kidding, that actually happened. My mom contracted CDIF while in the hospital. Do you know how many cases happen here in the good ole USofA that involve death during surgery, death during hospital stay, infections caught in hospitals, etc? How you can even suggest that these things only happen in other countries is beyond absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or