U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 12:27 PM

9,291 posts, read 16,172,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtastic View Post
Someone asked where it said that the lab had bitten before?! Here's the entire episode. Dog bit people before Cesar ever got there. First 3 seconds...dog bit BOTH owners multiple times. But yeah, I'm sure "positive reinforcement and spiritual healing" will help out....LOL Dog is vicious. Cesar is doing his best and not backing down.

Cesar's Worst Bite - YouTube
Quote:
It just shows you how crazy dog owners are that they would WANT to keep a dog like that lab. I'd want a sweet dog, not some vicious beast who bites the hand that feeds it....F that...what kind of loyalty is that. Dog is totally psycho.
and one has to wonder how it came to be that way.... poor handling by it's owners' maybe??

I know why my boxer x lab is the way he is and am smart and compassionate enough to work around it.... I'm guessing those idiots used Caesar's methods and ruined a perfectly good dog.....

Quote:
You don't need to do the physical stuff Cesar is doing if you're dog is listening to everything you say and knows who's in charge. So it's a mute point. Youre ugh...is cesars "shh" All cesar ever does anyway is a touch with his fingers to snap a dog out of it. It's almost nothing more than a leash correction These dogs are acting aggressive and ready to attack. Most on this show have bitten people. Serious issues with those dogs on his show. Many are dangerous.
leash corrections are also unnecessary if the dog is trained correctly and positively from the beginning.... drives me bat shizzle crazy to be in PetSmart and see those morons sssshhhing and leash correcting their dogs every six steps... the look of confusion and/or fear on the dogs' faces tells me all I need to know.....

Quote:
The reason a presa is not number one for killing people is due to the number of dogs. More pit bulls counted than presa's. Also, some presa's might be counted as pitties. A pure bred pitbull to breed standard is not even the most dangerous breed of dog. Thouth obviously still a dog bred for FIGHTING AND KILLING with powerful jaws. But, the Bullmastiffs/presa canarios for example are way more dangerous. They're 3 times the size and still have all the aggression bred into them

A presa canario killed a woman in San fran. Remember that? These terrier dogs are all being crossbred for size. So it's hard to even tell what they are anymore. They're mixing pitties and mastiffs, bull dogs in there for tenacity. American bulldog/pit mix. Akita/pitt mix(akitas alone are really bad). They're breeding these dogs for meaness and for size and we wonder why we have problems. We should be breeding dogs based on kindness/friendliness and we shouldn't be having huge dogs over 100 pounds. No reason breeding dogs that big. None. Puppy mills don't pay attention at all to demeanor of dog. Dogs genetics play a HUGE role in aggression. We saw what happened with the cocker spaniel. Bad breeding led to aggression problems. But of course a spaniel attacking is a far cry from these other beasts.
those presas belonged to drug dealer clients of the man and woman who had them at the time of the attack.... they had been trained for guard or attack duty and had no business AT ALL in the hands of such inexperienced morons.... I believe they both got jail time over this, too....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 12:30 PM

141 posts, read 94,369 times
To me that 150 pound dog is basically a wild dangerous animal. No different than owning a pet mountain lion. They can act all friendly and then go off out of nowhere! Even I'll admit, that cougar is so adorable! I want to hug it, but then I remember I don't want to become it's next meal

Sweet Pet Cougar - YouTube

Old 06-18-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
and one has to wonder how it came to be that way.... poor handling by it's owners' maybe??
Some dogs are just vicious. They all have different personalities. Why is it so hard to ever blame a dog for anything? They can do no wrong EVER! They're a predatory pack animal....what do you expect. Some will attack without provocation. Some are nice. Some are mean.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:35 PM

30,650 posts, read 9,172,110 times
Here we go again. And is the identity of the UPS driver a military secret? The home owner, after all, has been identified.

Why someone would leave one dog, much less two, outside and unattended with no one home (invisible fence or no invisible fence) is beyond me; I wouldn't do it.

As far as the UPS driver is concerned, he should be fired for carrying box-cutters and using them as weapons. And there's something hinky about what looks like an assault on those dogs. Was the driver injured? What ever happened to carrying and using pepper spray, when needed?

Among other things, this is yet another example of how dog "problems" are really people problems.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:36 PM

1,723 posts, read 3,191,170 times
I agree that the owners are at fault too. In addition to their invisible shock fence they should have had a real fence so the dogs don't see who's on their property and go after them. How was the delivery guy supposed to know that the fence was even working? Not only that but dogs can and do get over invisible fences if they really want to.

Invisible shock fences only teach the dog to associate pain with whatever person, child or animal they're trying to get to and that can make them more aggressive when they see that person or animal. That's another reason why real fences should be installed along with shock fences if people feel the need to use them.

I love dogs and I had a pitbull growing up, and I've fostered a pitbull so I know they're not all vicious. It's the owners that make them that way.
But the reality is pitbulls have a reputation and having one close enough where you feel the need to defend yourself is too close and I don't blame the delivery person at all.

In all fairness I think the outcome would have been the same if the breed was a Shepard or any other large dog. If a dog, or 2 dogs were coming at me I would defend myself too.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:37 PM

161 posts, read 129,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

I know why my boxer x lab is the way he is and am smart and compassionate enough to work around it.... I'm guessing those idiots used Caesar's methods and ruined a perfectly good dog.....

leash corrections are also unnecessary if the dog is trained correctly and positively from the beginning.... drives me bat shizzle crazy to be in PetSmart and see those morons sssshhhing and leash correcting their dogs every six steps... the look of confusion and/or fear on the dogs' faces tells me all I need to know.....

those presas belonged to drug dealer clients of the man and woman who had them at the time of the attack.... they had been trained for guard or attack duty and had no business AT ALL in the hands of such inexperienced morons.... I believe they both got jail time over this, too....
That could very well be the case with Holly the Lab. I know many people that create resource guarding and food aggression problems by using Cesar Milan type methods.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Here we go again. And is the identity of the UPS driver a military secret? The home owner, after all, has been identified.

Why someone would leave one dog, much less two, outside and unattended with no one home (invisible fence or no invisible fence) is beyond me; I wouldn't do it.

As far as the UPS driver is concerned, he should be fired for carrying box-cutters and using them as weapons. And there's something hinky about what looks like an assault on those dogs. Was the driver injured? What ever happened to carrying and using pepper spray, when needed?

Among other things, this is yet another example of how dog "problems" are really people problems.
He should be fired for defending himself from potential permanent injury? I think they should give every ups driver a box cutter.

Pepper spray doesn't always work.

What if a man came at the ups guy with a knife? Then would it be ok to use his box cutter or should we fire him then as well? Just another example of valuing dogs over people.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferL View Post
That could very well be the case with Holly the Lab. I know many people that create resource guarding and food aggression problems by using Cesar Milan type methods.
Of course...blame anyone but the dog. We know. They're angels that can do no wrong.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post

I love dogs and I had a pitbull growing up, and I've fostered a pitbull so I know they're not all vicious. It's the owners that make them that way.

Of course they're not all vicious.

Nope! Owners did not necessarily make them aggressive. Some are just naturally mean and vicious.

Why is it so hard to accept the fact that some dogs are just vicious even with good owners? That their genetics/breeding(no matter what type of breed) is a major factor? That dogs are individuals with their own personalities and some are just nasty. Some of the worst dogs I've ever seen were from loving/over caring type homes. The worst I ever saw was one woman who treated the dog like it was her baby since she didn't have children. Dog was ferocious.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:43 PM

161 posts, read 129,558 times
The owners were gone at the time and the dogs had a dog door to go in and out with an invisible fence. Bad idea. If it were cops that came to the house the dogs would probably be dead. I feel bad for the dogs, don't drivers carry mace?

And what does this story have to do with Pit Bulls?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events