Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 12:39 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,097,668 times

Advertisements

According to the updated article. The electric fence sign was posted at the beginning of a very, very long driveway.
The driver dropped off the package at the front door and the owner thinks he may have rung the bell and that's when the dogs came out and started barking at the delivery guy and frightened him. Based on the blood trail it's obvious the dogs followed him all the way down the driveway. One of the dogs was cut inside of his mouth so I imagine that driver was pretty frightened.

She claims all this could have been avoided if delivery guy had just left the package at the end of the driveway.

Personally, I think she's a moron.

Last edited by Lauriedeee; 06-18-2014 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 12:46 PM

734 posts, read 1,082,189 times
^^^^if the driver had left the packages on the driveway and someone had stolen them, she would be whining and complaining about that. smdh.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:49 PM

624 posts, read 763,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
so, why are you only picking on pit bulls or larger breed bully types??
Because those dogs tend to be owned by morons with little man complexes. Sorry, but 90% of the time it's true.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:51 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
Because those dogs tend to be owned by morons with little man complexes. Sorry, but 90% of the time it's true.

where'd you find that 90% stat?? I think it is probably MUCH MUCH lower.... it's just that those dogs are the ones that get all of the press.....

Old 06-18-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtastic View Post
Oh and all "locking jaws" means is that they grab hold and don't like to let go. There's obviously not an actual locking mechanism. They sink their teeth in and swing their body back and forth. They instinctively do that. Look at any bite work. That's how pit bulls fight. They lock on and fight through pain. Selectively bred for that. Mastiffs were bred to kill people. This is reality. Oh and I'm the one that brough up mastiffs and all these other dangerous breeds as well as stats on bite force. Btw- any of those bites would be enough to break bones and do permanent damage. A pure bred pit bull has an incredible bite force for it's size.
I used to live near a park and there was a guy who was there everyday with his pit mix. The man would pull a tree branch down to the dog's level, the pit mix would jump up and then proceed to hang from the branch, six feet off the ground, having the time of it's life. I timed the dog once, it hung there for 20 minutes.

I would not want that dog clamped down on my leg.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:58 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
I used to live near a park and there was a guy who was there everyday with his pit mix. The man would pull a tree branch down to the dog's level, the pit mix would jump up and then proceed to hang from the branch, six feet off the ground, having the time of it's life. I timed the dog once, it hung there for 20 minutes.

I would not want that dog clamped down on my leg.
That guy was probably training that dog for dog fighting. Horrid.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
where'd you find that 90% stat?? I think it is probably MUCH MUCH lower.... it's just that those dogs are the ones that get all of the press.....
Well...I pulled it outta my butt. I still stand by what I said. It's always a certain type of guy who wants to own those scary breeds of dogs.

OTOH, there is an elderly biker dude in my town who carries around a little Chihuahua with a pink rhinestone collar. So cute, but I would never try to pet that little beast, either. I have been bitten three times by dogs. Once was poodle and the other two times were Chihuahuas

Old 06-18-2014, 01:21 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
I wonder what the owners of the dogs would have thought if the deliveryman had used a stand your ground defense and just shot the dogs dead.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:35 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,236,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtastic View Post
I've gotten about a TON of rep points and a ton of people agreeing with me. Just because you and 3 other people don't agree with me means jack****

This story was reported in national news btw. It was not some local article. I just pulled a link. EVERYONE reported on this. Google it.

Oh and the driver is not fine. He might get fired and/or arrested. And the reporting was so bad we don't even know if he got injured.
Yeah, I got a ton of rep points from this thread too, and...

Just googled the story and CD is the first link, a local tv station the second link, and the local tv station's facebook page the third link, then unrated links. Where exactly did this story make national news (CD is not a national news outlet by the way, but since you think a Mastiff and any other scary big dog is a pit bull, I figured I better clarify)?

Given the commoness of dog bites/dog problems for delivery people, the company would under normal circumstances be on the drivers side, as would the union. If the guy is potentially being fired and/or charged with criminal activity, I am going to bet that there is a lot more behind this story than is reported, and it has nothing to do with aggressive dogs!

Old 06-18-2014, 01:38 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Well...I pulled it outta my butt. I still stand by what I said. It's always a certain type of guy who wants to own those scary breeds of dogs.

OTOH, there is an elderly biker dude in my town who carries around a little Chihuahua with a pink rhinestone collar. So cute, but I would never try to pet that little beast, either. I have been bitten three times by dogs. Once was poodle and the other two times were Chihuahuas

yes... and that certain type of guy (or gal, for that matter) is EXACTLY what is wrong with the pit bull... they don't raise and socialize them properly... they are aggressive and abusive towards the dogs so that the dogs become aggressive and abusive back, etc. etc. all in the name of toughness....

and over the years, I have worked with HUNDREDS of dogs... transporting them THOUSANDS of miles and the only bite I have ever received was from a poodle... although a chihuahua came mighty close one time.....

I have handled many many many pitbulls and not a one of them has given me the slightest problem......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events