U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 04:59 PM

9,285 posts, read 16,120,780 times

Advertisements

LOL Driller ......

you've seen pictures of my heeler girl, Bailey.... had a couple of people think SHE looked like a pibble when she was a pup....something about that stocky build, I guess....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 10:17 PM

16,416 posts, read 25,194,987 times
I have a few family members who work for the Post Office and dogs attacking them is not rare and no joke.

Plus, the fact that these are pit bulls makes me wonder about the owners. It's no secret that most pit bull owners are typically lower class citizens.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I have a few family members who work for the Post Office and dogs attacking them is not rare and no joke.

Plus, the fact that these are pit bulls makes me wonder about the owners. It's no secret that most pit bull owners are typically lower class citizens.

they were NOT actually pit bulls.....

Old 06-25-2014, 05:50 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,568,863 times
Quote:

Very true.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:59 AM
Status: "Techno-challenged anonymous repper" (set 19 days ago)

1,151 posts, read 922,696 times
Quote:

That is laughable. And extremely ignorant.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:08 AM

8,652 posts, read 4,783,711 times
When I was looking for a new apartment, I was down to two complexes. The deciding factor: one allowed dogs, while the other did not. Personally, I've experienced one too many near attacks by dogs who could not be controlled by their clueless owners; it's worth spending the extra $150/month for that peace of mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I live out in the county where there are leash laws however majority of the people dont obey them. The police also give the ppl out here a bit of leeway because of it being the county. That being said, i cant even walk down the street without being chased, harassed, intimidated, or attacked by people who let their dogs run unleashed or untethered in the yard. Theres hardly ever any pedestrians so people think that theres no harm in letting their dog remain outside while they go to work or to the store. That isnt being a responsible pet owner. Your dog may be loving to you and lick you all over but that doesnt mean its going to do the same to everyone else.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
When I was looking for a new apartment, I was down to two complexes. The deciding factor: one allowed dogs, while the other did not. Personally, I've experienced one too many near attacks by dogs who could not be controlled by their clueless owners; it's worth spending the extra $150/month for that peace of mind.

so, you're not a dog person.... glad you found a place that suits you.....

Old 06-25-2014, 08:00 PM

2,601 posts, read 2,640,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
+1 I'd never want to live in an apt building that allowed dogs. Many owners don't know how to control their dog. Dog bites are all too common. Oh yeah and then you have non stop barking with some dogs and inside an apt it's absolutely unbearable. Some Dog owners seem to do nothing but trample all over the rights of others. ZERO common courtesy. They don't give a crap about you. Only their dog. Really awful people to be around as well./

Old 06-25-2014, 08:48 PM

19,879 posts, read 36,379,125 times
Quote:

So, you read only the ignorant and inflammatory headline, didn't read the article or any article on the attack or watch the video which very clearly shows that the dogs are NOT pit bulls.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
So, you read only the ignorant and inflammatory headline, didn't read the article or any article on the attack or watch the video which very clearly shows that the dogs are NOT pit bulls.
pretty much.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events