U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 10:39 PM

3,442 posts, read 4,477,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtastic View Post
UPS driver accused of slashing dogs with box cutter - National Dogs | Examiner.com

Why is he guilty until proven innocent? Dogs attack these delivery drivers all the time. He was almost certainly DEFENDING HIMSELF. Dogs are highly territorial and will attack people entering their property, yet these morons leave their dogs outside when they know the mailman/ups guy is delivering. It's a safety hazard. He could have lost use of his arm. These dogs have done serious damage to mail/package delivery people. Does anyone think he really went after two pitbulls with a box cutter "for fun" while on the job delivering a package. GIVE ME A BREAK! The driver should sue the owners. And why is the police investigating this guy and going to charge him with animal cruelty?

I wish he had been carrying a gun and plugged both of them !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 06:20 AM

9,286 posts, read 16,141,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Here ya go, a local report complete with video so you can see the dogs for yourself.
and it quite clearly shows that NEITHER of these dogs is a pitbull.... the black one is a great dane and the brindle is some kind of all american pound hound....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtastic View Post
yeah I love when he says dogs are "predictable" and then when he gets attacked by that ferocious lab he says "I didn't see that coming"
Here's the video of the attack. Lucky it was a lab and not something larger/more powerful or he might not have a hand. He's been bit multiple times on that show and he's an expert. Enough said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ihXq_WwiWM

that dog gave Caesar warning after warning after warning that it was uncomfortable and upset until he finally felt he had no alternative but to lash out.... Caesar, trying to be the big man, ignored every single signal that dog sent....

Caesar is an expert at domination and intimidation.... his methods have been disproven over and over.... but of course, I would expect someone with such little actual knowledge of dogs to believe that Caesar IS an expert and to believe in the alpha dog nonsense.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Wait, so we should probably outlaw Golden Labs too!

The statement "lock jaw beast" and "killing machines" tells me you have a mind like concrete; all mixed up and permanently set. Please present facts, not stupid emotionally charged statements that are completely untrue.
but, sadly, that is all that the media-believing, reactionary haters are capable of processing and retaining....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Trashy???

I know when my mail person is coming.....the UPS.....not always.
I know when anyone or anything is approaching my house, whether on foot or on large wheels.....

Old 06-18-2014, 08:07 AM

19,885 posts, read 36,416,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Trashy folks MUST own these nasty Ghettobulls.......don't get too weepy when someone defends themselves against your monster.
So, you didn't view the videotape, you're just spreading stereotypical bigotry? Neither of the dogs was a pit bull. And the community where this occurred is the very opposite of ghetto or trashy. Pesky thing, those facts, aren't they?

Oh, and from upthread, pit bulls have no special difference from other dogs that allows them to lock their jaw. More nonsense.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:09 AM

613 posts, read 570,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
If I had pitties in my yard, I would have a sign warning people about the dogs. I would also have a portable doorbell at the entrance to the yard, so that I could call the dogs in if I had guests. Otherwise, I'd have my packages delivered at work. Why? Because I love my animals and respect their desire to protect me.
I would never expect an invisible fence to contain two ticked off pit bulls, either. They seem to be impervious to pain when they get worked up enough to attack. There have been reports of pits being shot and they are still trying to attack with several bullet wounds.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Pitbulls should be outlawed.

They were specifically bred to kill and do an excellent job at it.

But, like guns, the pitbull has become a symbol of being "someone".

The pitbull is the CHEAPEST status symbol available.

Can't afford a fancy car? Get a pitbull.
I shudder when I see the trashy losers in my town with an 80 pound pit bull on a leash. I don't hate the breed, and have met some very sweet pits. The people who own the sweeties are very domineering with their dogs. Not in a cruel way, but if you own one you always have to show the dog that you are the leader of the pack and will tolerate zero nonsense. I think people get into trouble with pits when they want to treat them like a regular dog. Jack Russel Terriers are the same way, they will try to run your life if give them an inch.

Too much work for me...

Old 06-18-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
and it quite clearly shows that NEITHER of these dogs is a pitbull.... the black one is a great dane and the brindle is some kind of all american pound hound....

that dog gave Caesar warning after warning after warning that it was uncomfortable and upset until he finally felt he had no alternative but to lash out.... Caesar, trying to be the big man, ignored every single signal that dog sent....

Caesar is an expert at domination and intimidation.... his methods have been disproven over and over.... but of course, I would expect someone with such little actual knowledge of dogs to believe that Caesar IS an expert and to believe in the alpha dog nonsense.....

but, sadly, that is all that the media-believing, reactionary haters are capable of processing and retaining....

I know when anyone or anything is approaching my house, whether on foot or on large wheels.....
This. Just because someone has a TV show and books doesn't mean they really know anything. There are trainers I would never, ever, EVER send my horses to that make lots of money telling people what great trainers they are. There are world competition winning trainers that need to be taken out behind the barn and shot because they have no clue about horses, really, just about how to convince people that they do.

Same thing with dog trainers.

Anyone who knows anything about dogs knows that.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten cat View Post
i would never expect an invisible fence to contain two ticked off pit bulls, either. They seem to be impervious to pain when they get worked up enough to attack. There have been reports of pits being shot and they are still trying to attack with several bullet wounds.
The dogs that were attacked were not pit bulls! Will you people please view the video!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
The dogs that were attacked were not pit bulls! Will you people please view the video!

Sorry!

Really any large dog can be a problem. You put a docile dog with a domineering dog and the docile dog will mimic the so called alpha. A lot of these dog attacks are from multiple dogs who have a pack mentality.

And I don't believe in invisible 'fences'. They may contain smaller dogs, but larger dogs don't tend to be put off by the zap they get. And then everyone has a problem.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:38 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,555,754 times
[quote=latetotheparty;35283142]and it quite clearly shows that NEITHER of these dogs is a pitbull.... the black one is a great dane and the brindle is some kind of all american pound hound....

So, you'd let that dog run your house? You'd listen to the dog, and allow it to scare you and your family into submission? People like you shouldn't own animals, nor try to domesticate them. You can't. You'd be owned by your dog, and you are the kind of person I fear as a dog owner.

Maybe Ceasar should just start herding these dogs to the pound instead, that's what I'm thinking. I don't know if humans are capable of owning large animals. It's to dangerous. These stupid people have a baby around that thing. Must I remind you what a dog like that can do to a baby?
Dog killed 2-month-old baby, ripped child
Infant Dies After Being Attacked By Family Dog On His First Birthday - The Dreamin Demon

Yet people are stupid enough to do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rChLGSEjGXh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhcBZT101jc

Cute videos on youtube of their giant dog protecting a baby. Stupid people!

Last edited by PoppySead; 06-18-2014 at 09:04 AM..

Old 06-18-2014, 08:55 AM

141 posts, read 94,270 times
Hmmm....The dog that attacked Cesar attacked it's owners and multiple other people before Cesar ever showed up. The dog showed aggression towards Cesar, which is totally unacceptable and of course can turn into a bite and Cesar didn't back down. A dog is supposed to be submissive to a human. That's what makes it a pet. A If it's not you're going to have a BIG problem. The dog then bit him because it's vicious. If a dog bites it's master for no reason than the dog should be put down. Common sense. Cesar was giving this dog a second chance. But the lunatic fringe on here ALWAYS blames the victim. Even Cesar in this case!! LMAO

IT'S NEVER THE DOG'S FAULT. EVER!

The fact remains a dog can never be a pack leader with humans. That's a sick situation to be in. Can the dog drive? Does it hunt for it's food? Do you ask your dog when YOU can eat? Do you only leave when your dog allows you? Does your dog tell you where to go at all times? You end up with chaos in the dogs mind since you've given him pack authority, but don't listen to him. This creates an UNSTABLE dog. The exact kind that can go on a rampage and release all the pent up anxiety.

It's a PET, not a wild wolf that's going to run a pack. Most dogs that are pack leader over their human "owners" are mental cases due to all the anxiety. You see this NUMEROUS times on dog whisperer. They would much rather have someone take control. Then they can relax! You've seen multiple times Cesar come in and you can see how the dog LOVES being dominated. A dog that is acting aggressive and going nuts is NOT HAPPY. He can finally relax and not have to worry about running a pack. It's a weight off the dog's shoulders. Having no control over your dog, no domination especially over a large alpha breed is a recipe for total disaster. Many of the people on Cesar show are a lot of the times the dog loving mental cases that have absolutely no control over their dog and blame victims. They even go after Cesar for "abusing" their dog with nothing more than a tap with his fingers. He's talked about that in the past.

As far as what breed or them being or not being pit bulls or mixes or whatever in this specific case, the fact remains two large territorial dogs who were NOT IN CONTROL RUNNING LOOSE went after a delivery driver and he defended himself. I also listed statistics showing the REALITY of fatal dog attack statistics. Number one is pitbull, but many other breeds are also potentially dangerous. I even showed a picture of the bull mastiff. So get real!

That lab was a vicious dangerous animal that has no business being in a public neighborhood. It's a safety hazard to it's family and the public if they don't keep it contained. It should have been put down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events