Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 11:33 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,385,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifear View Post
Again, this has all been addressed upthread with links to news articles. I'm not sure why you are painting Sandy as the 'victim' when she herself does not consider her to be one. During her interview on the C4 show, she emphasized that the police response was way over the top and she is now fearful for her own pets. "How is she in the wrong"? Again, Sandy herself said she should not have approached Nala. That's her own perspective on her own emotions on her own firsthand experience. Likely, you would have to take up discussion about her feelings with her.
I've heard shark attack victims feel bad for the sharks. Almost like a Stockholm syndrome. Feeling bad for the predator. Some take up shark conservation. They're crazy.

If someone's family member is attacked viciously by a dog and someone goes and kills the dog I find that very understandable. What would you do to a dog if it bit your child's face off? I know what I would do. A dog might be stupid, but it knows what it's doing when it hurts someone.

I didn't read through entire 9 pages. Was skin broken during attack? Stitches required?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 11:34 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,855,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
I've heard shark attack victims feel bad for the sharks. Almost like a Stockholm syndrome. Feeling bad for the predator. Some take up shark conservation. They're crazy.

If someone's family member is attacked viciously by a dog and someone goes and kills the dog I find that very understandable. What would you do to a dog if it bit your child's face off? I know what I would do. A dog might be stupid, but it knows what it's doing when it hurts someone.
What does a dog biting off a kid's face have to do with this situation? Also, sharks.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifear View Post
What does a dog biting off a kid's face have to do with this situation? Also, sharks.
The inference flew right over your head?
Some victims of an assault/attack sympathize with their attackers(whether sharks or dogs or any other animal). That's what this women was probably doing when she said it was her fault.

We are in a society where "dogs can do no wrong" on top of it.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:02 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,983,207 times
Quote:
Any dog that bites, should be put down after the first bite. Period. Euthanize them.

so... you are saying that my heeler, who nipped a neighbor kid on the calf after the kid ran straight towards her with some sort of noisy car toy should have been put down?? Oh... btw, she was on her lead, in MY driveway, against MY garage door and there were two people on my front porch.... and those kids had been warned repeatedly to not bring those noisy toys around the dog.....

smh

Old 06-24-2014, 12:03 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,855,958 times
Quote:
The inference flew right over your head?
Some victims of an assault/attack sympathize with their attackers(whether sharks or dogs or any other animal). That's what this women was probably doing when she said it was her fault.

More like strawman.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
so... you are saying that my heeler, who nipped a neighbor kid on the calf after the kid ran straight towards her with some sort of noisy car toy should have been put down?? Oh... btw, she was on her lead, in MY driveway, against MY garage door and there were two people on my front porch.... and those kids had been warned repeatedly to not bring those noisy toys around the dog.....

smh
No, due to circumstances. Dog on leash/on your property. Bite wasn't severe.

Off leash dog on public property/dog roaming or dog attack on delivery driver/mailman ect = euthanasia.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:06 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,983,207 times
Quote:
When I say euthanize, I don't mean come slit it's throat. I just meant exactly what I said. Euthanize when a bite that is serious occurs.(a nip with no broken skin is not serious) Lots of these dogs that bite are multiple offenders with delusional owners.

What kind of pet doesn't allow you to touch it? How is she in the wrong? I grew up with the mentality that provoking a dog was throwing rocks at it or hitting it. Kind of funny how the aggressive dog apologists are twisting what "provoking" means. It's all about blaming the victim nowadays.

Again, if a dog won't even allow you to touch it without biting than it's not really a docile safe pet. Maybe a protection animal, which is much different than a pet.

What's a "surface wound". Did it break the skin? Were stitches required?
It is NEVER a good idea to approach a strange dog, even less so, a dog that is lost, frightened, stressed and tired... but it is a chance some kindhearted people will take in an effort to help the dog....

Old 06-24-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
It is NEVER a good idea to approach a strange dog, even less so, a dog that is lost, frightened, stressed and tired... but it is a chance some kindhearted people will take in an effort to help the dog....
Yes. Totally agree because dogs are all potentially dangerous and should be leashed. They're an unpredictable territorial predator and the larger they are the more damage they do. A huge percentage of dog owners pay no mind to leash laws and can't even be bothered to put their territoriality aggressive dog in a closed room when going to sign for a package.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:25 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,521,983 times
Quote:

Where dogs can do no wrong? Lol, that's a new one. False as well. Personally, I hate my landlords dog. It's a d*ck, utterly & completely. I can't wait for it to die & I love animals. Not that one. Anyway, I do not agree that any dog that ever bites should be put down. That's pretty absurd. You realize a lot of bites happen because someone antagonizes the dog? Kids poking it in the eye, pulling it's tail, jumping up & down on it, adults throwing things at it, etc. Some people deserve to get bit.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Where dogs can do no wrong? Lol, that's a new one. False as well. Personally, I hate my landlords dog. It's a d*ck, utterly & completely. I can't wait for it to die & I love animals. Not that one. Anyway, I do not agree that any dog that ever bites should be put down. That's pretty absurd. You realize a lot of bites happen because someone antagonizes the dog? Kids poking it in the eye, pulling it's tail, jumping up & down on it, adults throwing things at it, etc. Some people deserve to get bit.
The way people blame the victims for attacks it seems as if dogs can do no wrong.

That's a provoked attack. You know I'm not talking about that. Not too many people will throw things at an off leash rottweiler/mastiff/german Shepard ect for example unless they're sick in the head.

If your dog is off leash or even worse roaming and it bites, automatic euthanasia and it's the dog owners fault for breaking the law. Blame yourself if you're the dog owner. How about that for a change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events