U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 09:47 AM

322 posts, read 425,912 times

Advertisements

Baltimore police officer slashed dog's throat, authorities say

Quote:
Just before they got to the scene, Bolger was overheard saying, "I'm going to gut this (expletive) thing," according to charging documents.
The dog in this case had previously been identified as having bit a woman in the hand. By the time the officer in question arrived at the location the dog was already being held by an animal restraining pole. At this point what would be the purpose of slashing the dog's throat? The dog's owner wasn't even notified of her dog's death until a neighbor had told her. The police department didn't even contact her about the incident until a few days after it had happened. Even then they didn't tell her how her dog died. She found that out through the news reports [which is pathetic].

It's not like the accused officer was an untrained rookie. He's been on the force since 1992. The fact that he thought he'd be able to slash this dog's throat [which at that time was not a potential threat to anybody] and get away with it is pretty frightening. People want to wonder why certain segments of the population are afraid of police officers. It's because you can't take for granted anymore that the guy in the police uniform is there to "Serve & Protect". It's obvious that some of these guys were never cut out to be police officers. The problem is that by the time you figure it out, it's too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 09:50 AM

12,089 posts, read 5,616,438 times
Jesus christ. You know what I would do? I would kill that guy. Seriously, if anyone harmed or killed my pet, I would kill them. Plain & simple.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:56 AM

13,904 posts, read 11,015,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Jesus christ. You know what I would do? I would kill that guy. Seriously, if anyone harmed or killed my pet, I would kill them. Plain & simple.
Ditto.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:28 AM

16,503 posts, read 15,968,402 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Ditto.
While I totally agree that what the police officer did was wrong. Would you really KILL someone who harmed or killed your pet?

You would be willing to go to jail for life or the face the death penalty for killing someone for hurting your cat or dog?

In my city they are far, far too many murders. Almost all are for pretty stupid reasons, someone drank his room mate's milk, another one was over someone shuffling poorly during a card game, another person killed his brother because he woke him up from a nap (so the brother could get to work on time), "he looked at me", wrong color hoodie, cap tipped the wrong way, and some were for absolutely no reason at all (just random drive-by shootings).

Do you value life so little that you would KILL someone for hurting your cat or dog? what about your pet fish or pet bird? Would you murder someone for harming them?

What if your 6 year old son pulled the tail of his friend's cat? Would the friend's father be justified in murdering your son? If he follows your reasoning than you would have to answer "Yes"
and say that murder was the appropriate response.

From the facts that were listed, the police officer clearly should not have killed the dog, he should face charges, but his penalty should not be death.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
While I totally agree that what the police officer did was wrong. Would you really KILL someone who harmed or killed your pet?

You would be willing to go to jail for life or the face the death penalty for killing someone for hurting your cat or dog?

In my city they are far, far too many murders. Almost all are for pretty stupid reasons, someone drank his room mate's milk, another one was over someone shuffling poorly during a card game, another person killed his brother because he woke him up from a nap (so the brother could get to work on time), "he looked at me", wrong color hoodie, cap tipped the wrong way, and some were for absolutely no reason at all (just random drive-by shootings).

Do you value life so little that you would KILL someone for hurting your cat or dog? what about your pet fish or pet bird? Would you murder someone for harming them?

What if your 6 year old son pulled the tail of his friend's cat? Would the friend's father be justified in murdering your son? If he follows your reasoning than you would have to answer "Yes"
and say that murder was the appropriate response.

From the facts that were listed, the police officer clearly should not have killed the dog, he should face charges, but his penalty should not be death.
Not sure why you're so upset by our posts. Where do you get that I don't value life? Maybe you should be directing that towards the people who kill pets.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:54 AM

3,064 posts, read 1,578,479 times
Quote:
You would go to prison for your pet??? Wow!

Old 06-19-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You would go to prison for your pet??? Wow!
Who says I would get caught?

Old 06-19-2014, 11:01 AM

13,054 posts, read 7,215,941 times
It's horrifying alright. I hope he looses his job.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:07 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,283,023 times
Quote:
I would help you.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:09 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,283,023 times
Quote:
Who says I would get caught?
That is what I was thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or