U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 11:06 AM

4,424 posts, read 5,205,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
If that's the case you should not have young kids in your care.
What if you forget to feed them?
Well for one, i dont happen to like or want kids. Second, if i did have them im fairly certain theyd cry to let me know they were hungry and then theyd actually tell me as they got older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 11:09 AM

2,839 posts, read 4,756,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
As someone posted earlier, the police are still looking into this, and now they are beginning to suspect the father:

Was toddler who died after father forgot him in hot car actually murdered? Police say his story is riddled with inconsistencies | Mail Online
I don't believe this, I know it's just an article but what kind of inconsistency can there be? I just can't believe a parent would intentionally want to harm their child and kill them.

I mean I'm having a hard time dealing with having my son circumcised when he's born! I just can't imagine!

Old 06-24-2014, 11:38 AM

12,059 posts, read 5,595,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
I don't believe this, I know it's just an article but what kind of inconsistency can there be? I just can't believe a parent would intentionally want to harm their child and kill them.

I mean I'm having a hard time dealing with having my son circumcised when he's born! I just can't imagine!
You can't believe it? I'm sorry but, do you ever read or watch the news? There are stories out there of parents killing their kids all the time. It's really not uncommon at all.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:00 PM

6,400 posts, read 6,501,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Its every Joe-Daddy Schmoe's responsibility to correctly fly the airplane, or car or whatever vehicle he is operating. Like I tell my kids, driving is a privilege and responsibility, not a right. When you get behind the wheel of that car, you assume an awesome responsibility. You are responsible for your life, the lives of everyone in the vehicle, and the lives of other vehicles on the road It is NOT a game. It is NOT a right. It is a privilege only for those willing to accept it.

We need to get over this idea that we are somehow entitled to drive, and to hell with whoever gets in the way
If you believe that -and I do not doubt that you do - then surely we should train and test drivers in simulators, and make them go through their checklists with their co-driver every time they get into the car, yes? Be a heck of a program to cover millions of drivers, though.

Seriously, yes, we are to be responsible drivers. I merely said that the casual driver cannot be compared to a professional pilot, who is certified and continually trained, and also has a backup person plus regulated checklists.

How many people do you know that even think to check their brake lights every time they leave? I see people with no brake lights on the road all the time, so they are obviously not checking at all. Should we revoke their drivers license? Not be allowed to drive with passengers? And brake lights are something you can see. Fluids, filters, hoses, tire pressures ... These things are often overlooked, too, and can be just as dangerous.

Can of worms OPEN.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:44 PM

11,023 posts, read 6,574,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
Unfortunately it happens all the time. There was a story just the other week about a mother who was making her son sick to get sympathy online, she ended up putting a lethal dose of sodium in his feeding tube and it killed him.

Andrea Yates drowned her 5 kids in the bathtub.

The mom in the mid 90s who let her car roll into a lake with her two kids strapped inside the vehicle.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:24 AM

4,730 posts, read 10,933,946 times
Cobb news: Sources: Father knew toddler was in SUV | www.ajc.com

Old 06-25-2014, 04:44 AM

3,720 posts, read 4,440,066 times
Quote:
Shortly after leaving work Wednesday, Harris said he realized his son was in the backseat of the Hyundai Tuscon, still strapped into carseat, according to police. Harris said he then immediately pulled into a shopping center parking lot, where witnesses attempted to help revive the boy.
The headline is very misleading.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:20 AM

6,961 posts, read 12,378,519 times
Interesting update. He knew the boy was in the car and actually went back to the car to get something at lunch.

Warrant: Georgia dad who left child in hot car checked vehicle... | www.wsoctv.com

Old 06-25-2014, 11:21 AM

11,023 posts, read 6,574,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
The headline is very misleading.
How so?

The father is being charged with murder.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:56 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,635,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Interesting update. He knew the boy was in the car and actually went back to the car to get something at lunch.

Warrant: Georgia dad who left child in hot car checked vehicle... | www.wsoctv.com
Which may or may not prove anything. If the kid was already dead or unconscious, the dad may still not have noticed him (unless he was seen opening the back of the vehicle.) Which I find unlikely, but still possible that his brain wouldn't at least click and remember he hadn't dropped his son off at daycare, but he may have already been in work mode. I don't know how they can prove anything other then negligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events